Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Liar, Liar! Pants on fire!

Post Re: Liar, Liar! Pants on fire!

I don't get the pointless comment "don't these people have JOBS?"
    What does that have to do with their political affiliation?
    I don't support the Neo-Nazis, but the fact that they may or may not be patrolling in Florida has nothing to do with whether they work or not.
    This thread was started by JK, regarding the blatant lies that were told by the media about the Trayvon Martin case.
    And they were, blatant lies.
    Which have been admitted to, retracted and accounted for.
    And it's wandered off into funding for gay marriage and the Chinese mafia.
    Which is why it's hard to debate anything here.

Re: Liar, Liar! Pants on fire!

That's jolau for you...

I agree -- hard to debate from the thread posted. And I am 100% with you about the blatant lies told thus far by the media. It disgusts me.
    MC

Quote Originally Posted by minicooper View Post
    Jolau -- Unfortunately for you, this is not how the justice system works. The bail set by the Florida judge, from what I read, is pretty standard for a second-degree murder charge when someone is not considered a flight risk. Why should Zimmerman have to stay in jail, if he is not a flight risk, is cooperating with his attorney and the judicial system, turned himself in when he was charged... and has not been found guilty of any crime at this time. Just because you think he should rot in jail and have already convicted him before the facts of the case have been revealed and he has been granted a fair trial does not mean that he should be treated any differently than anyone else charged with a like crime. Do you comprehend the difference between being charged with a crime and being convicted of a crime in a court of law? I do not think you do.
    Lies. Bail of this nature is usually set at levels that are either prohibitively expensive and require great sacrifices or end up in serious debt to in order to come up with that kind of money. Bail is usually set in such a way that they expect you to be NOT able to pay such money.
    Even the cost of clearing a speeding ticket can be quite expensive.

I seriously doubt that you will be expressing faith in the justice system if this one of YOUR children was murdered in this fashion.
    The fact that someone like Lindsay Lohan can get rehab and the regular person gets prison for drug posession/use tells me the justice system doesn't work the same for all people. The innocent are convicted and EXECUTED in this country mostly because they couldn't afford a good enough attorney while OJ Simpson gets away with murder when EVERYONE knows he's guilty as sin.
    We are NOT equals in the eyes of the law. The justice system seems to be "separate but equal" when it comes to what penalties the rich and famous get vs the rest of us poor nobodies. And as with all other things, "separate but equal" DOES NOT WORK.

The fact that he's back "in hiding" implies he is a flight risk. It is possible to break a GPS monitor, you know. And if he does, we'll never see him again.

As far as the fact that Zimmerman raised money on a website, does not mean that he knew how much he had raised at the bond hearing. The website was created two days before he was arrested, and he remained in jail until and following the bond hearing. Once he and his attorney became aware of the money in the paypal account, they immediately disclosed it, they did not try to hide anything.
    Another lie. This may have been true ten years ago, but not today.
    Anyone with an Ipad or a decent cellphone and a good Wifi/3G connection can access the internet. I use my Ipad to monitor my work site because it includes my work schedule and work area. Not to mention Facebook and this site.
    Welcome to the 21st Century.

Many would have donated to his legal fund during the time Zimmerman was incarcerated. Do you think he was checking his fund from jail with wireless via his laptop? And your assumption about who donates is simply conjecture on your part (as are most of your posts). (from jolau).. Oh.. the evil NRA is behind all of this money... and certainly the KKK are as well... (from me) There may be some NRA members and KKK supporters that donated, but I can assure you not all. MANY (like me) donated because they felt the media was portraying this case in a very biased manner and wanted Zimmerman to get a fair trial. Many of us have not rushed to judgment and will wait for the facts to be revealed before convicting someone based upon public opinion and biased media alone. And I assure you, many, like me, are not members of the NRA or the KKK.
    If he shared his Paypal account information to his lawyer, then they CAN monitor how much money he really had. And if the lawyer is monitoring the Paypal account, the lawyer can still TELL George Zimmerman how much money they have raised.

I could happen to pass by any OCCUPY protest and if and when the police start cracking down on them at the same time, I potentially could be arrested and the media "misrepresenting" the truth. My entire family could think I'm some sort of hippie and NOONE will come to my rescue.
    As a matter of fact, I actually KNOW of someone that happened to.

I'm pretty certain the NRA has deeper pockets than you or I, and knows of lawyers better than you or I can afford. NRA memberships aren't free you know. Where do you think they got that kind of money?

And if you want to ask someone about media distortion, go ask President Obama. If you are going to donate to George Zimmerman because you think he's a victim of media distortion, you should donate to Barack Obama as well.

As far as raising money for gay marriage, start a website requesting donations... you may find you raise more than $1.
    More than $1, but not the $150,000+ within the few days between the time the website was established and the time he posted bail.

PS: I'm also sure the governing bodies of Florida appreciate your "donation" too. I'm pretty sure it's going towards something noble, like catching the few welfare recipients that are dumb enough to take a drug test and fail.
    Last edited by jolau; 5.5.12 at 3:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mtj View Post
    Yes Mini, I agree with everything you said.
    And even if I didn't, I would do my best to engage you in some sort of intelligent debate.
    Unfortunately, the only opposition we have here anymore is a one-sided slant that just pokes fun at any counter-point and raves on about how RIGHT they are.
    And then rambles on to subjects that were not even the subject matter of the original thread topic.
    Then why do you respond to posts such as this?

I thought you were going to let me ramble on by myself.
    Last edited by jolau; 5.5.12 at 3:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by minicooper View Post
    Hi mtj... Critical thinking is sadly missing on this board... especially by someone whose name begins with a "j". I remember years ago when this same person was out of work and wanted a job desperately... Now he or she throws out the quote above... "Don't these people have jobs?!!" above... Granted it was in reference to a nasty neo-nazi group, but a hypocritical comment nonetheless.
    "Don't these people have jobs?" As in "Don't these people have better things to do than to go to Sanford FL to patrol some neighborhood?" This includes having a paying job to spend somewhere between four to eight hours a day at. Therefore it isn't hypocracy on my part. If these people are doing this and live outside of any reasonable commute distance from Sanford FL, what does that tell you?

I'm willing to move where the job(s) take me because that is where my income comes from. But to go out of my way to patrol someone else's neighborhood FOR FREE?
    Hell, I can't even fly to NYC for a day without my mother talking me out of it.
    (Mind you I work for an airline and have the flying benefits to do so)
    Last edited by jolau; 5.5.12 at 2:50 AM.

But the fact that they may or may not be patrolling in Florida has nothing to do with whether they work or not.
    I think it does. It sets up a rather disturbing precedence
    The areas where Chinese Mafias and the Black Panthers are likely to cause trouble can be avoided. But the Neo-Nazis can enter any neighborhood of their choosing under the guise of "protection". As an Asian American, I would NOT feel safe with them "patrolling" my streets.

The only people in this matter here that are intentionally going out of their way to cause trouble (Including George Zimmerman himself) ARE the Neo-Nazis.

And it's wandered off into funding for gay marriage and the Chinese mafia.
    Which is why it's hard to debate anything here.
    I'm drawing from personal experience and that of my friends and family as it applies to discussing this case.

I had experience raising money, I worked as a security guard, my Dad tells stories from his career as an FBI agent, I know of someone who was wrongfully arrested and the media distorted things about him, and you still claim I "wander" when I debate and brush me off as if I were some naive child.

And we're still talking about the Treyvon Martin case.
    Last edited by jolau; 5.5.12 at 2:58 AM.

Here is a perfect example of how the media has skewed opinion on the Trayvon Martin case.
    Trayvon Martin was 17 at the time of his death.
    And yet, the most widely used picture of him, in reporting this story, is one of him when he was 13.
    And Zimmerman? They used a mug shot of him.
    Implied message: Look what the horrible, bad man did to the sweet, young, innocent boy.
    You can believe whatever you want about who was right and who was wrong here.
    But THIS is biased reporting from the media.
    As for Obama being the victim of biased reporting, I'm so over the boo-hoo fest about the poor, poor man.
    News flash, he WON the election.

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/t...ee-the-others/
    Last edited by mtj; 5.5.12 at 8:41 AM.

Re: Liar, Liar! Pants on fire!

And yet people still question Obama's religion, birth certificate, and his role in the death of Osama Bin Laden. And these things happened AFTER he won the election.

I don't care if they used a picture of Trayvon Martin with his pants around his knees, gold teeth, and him using a clock for a necklace flashing gang symbols and George Zimmerman in tie-dye surrounded by unicorns and kittens. The fact remains, George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin and YOU still make the assumption that Trayvon was there to cause trouble and George Zimmerman is some helpless fawn being chased by Black Panthers.

The nicest looking guy can be a pediophile, the richest looking man could still steal.
    I don't make assumptions based on appearances alone.

And maybe it's a good thing they use that mug-shot because if someone was to go looking for him, they're looking for the man in the picture, not a bald guy with a goatee.