Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Liar, Liar! Pants on fire!

Post Liar, Liar! Pants on fire!

A look at how the news media handled the Treyvom Martin shooting...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journal...han-rathergate

Post Re: Liar, Liar! Pants on fire!

I think it's horrible how the media and countless others rushed to judgment on this.
    Apparently ethics in journalism is an oxymoron.
    And all the sheeple, followed right along crying "racist" without waiting for the whole story to come out.

Re: Liar, Liar! Pants on fire!

The more I hear Zimmerman's story, the more holes I see.

The 911 dispatcher clearly told him to stay put.
    As a former security officer, I was told to observe and report. If I encounter a suspicious person, ask him or her to leave. If they refuse to leave, had the issue over to law enforcement, if he leaves the property, don't pursue. My duties was to the property I work at and record the goings on at my site, not play cowboy. If someone in a hoodie with skittles and iced tea passed by, I would simply say, "Hello" and the most I would do is ask "Where are you going?"

He said he got into a fight with Martin and got stitches. Where did he go for said stitches? Was he billed? Where is his scar? Anyone who had stitches would know they leave scars. I still have a scar on my forehead from when I fell off a bike when I was like 10.
    Plus the video footage of him immeadiately after showed no signs of a physical altercation. The claim of "self defense" is rather flimsy at best.

I don't care how the media portrays whom. The fact remains, Trayvon Martin was a random passerby and George Zimmerman was looking for a fight.

Oh here we go again.
    Thanks for the article JK.
    I can't participate in a discussion with someone who skews all the known facts.

What are the known facts?
    Zimmerman spotted from his home "suspicious" individual (Martin) and called 911.
    911 told him to stay in his home.
    Zimmerman exited his house (disobeying the 911 dispatcher) to confront the "suspicious" individual.
    He claims to have gotten into a physical altercation with Mr. Martin which resulted in Mr. Martin getting shot.
    Mr. Martin claims he was injured in the back of his head (hence the stitches) and there are stains on his clothing.

We don't know Trayvon Martin's side because he's dead. Was he a punk kid looking to cause trouble or just a random passerby? This we will never know.

What we do know is that Zimmerman was apprarently free of any sign of struggle after the shooting, despite his claims.

Jolau -- You clearly do not know any facts...

Your statement above... you don't care how the media presents whom... speaks volumes. WOW is all I can say. Certainly hope you are not ever put in a position of the media misrepresenting you... so that others can pass judgment on you... even to the point of having bounties placed on your head... dead or alive... before the evidence comes out and the judicial system has had the opportunity to do its job.

Wow... just WOW... You continue to show your rush to judge without knowing all the facts. Must be nice living in your world.

I need to remember to stay away so that jolau can continue his ridiculous debates with himself... the all knowing one.
    MC

This is what I know...which is nothing than what any of us has read about and decided judgement on this particular case...

but, in my neighborhood, where I have been the president of the HOA since 1995 (open elections every year...arg, always hoping someone else wants this job..lol).

Anyway, we have a neighborhood watch program and that's about looking out to see if someone suspicous is in the neighborhood and if so...call the police..

It's come up about starting a neighborhood patrol here, which myself and the board voted down. A watch is different than a patrol or having, in this case someone armed doing patrol, who is not a member of a paid security company, etc.

That's the risk and when Zimmermann was told by the dispatcher, and those facts have been backed up by dispacther logs, to not engage the "suspect" he ignored that advice and what happened, happened.

Now, not only is this investigation going on and a kid, who was visiting his dad, if that's true... that if he had every right to be in that neighborhood.

BUT also, the HOA, homeowner's association, if it turns out that Zimmermann is liable in action and disregarded the advice of the police to wait for them... homeowners there could be in for mega-liabilty lawsuit because allegedly Zimmermann was acting as HOA patrol.

Bottom line is...one better be aware if one belongs to a neighborhood association and if the "Watch Patrol" is going out armed...liablity can go beyond that indivudual if something like this happens.

How are you any better than BE or AlexC when they just assume I'm just some kid wasting his time at the mall? I don't know how you could simply pass me off as some uninformed troll and think I would be put in a similar situation as Zimmerman when I have encountered similar situations at my former job. Usually when I encounter such "suspicious" persons, I ask them to leave. If they get belligerant, I'm in almost constant contact with another guard and usually the other guy calls the cops or whomever needed to be called. One case was an ambulance from the Fire Department.
    I give them every opportunity to save themselves before the authorities show up. Keep in mind, I did not have any weapons at my disposal.
    And as far as the media goes, my current and former jobs at the airport and at the security company have had very specific instructions, NEVER talk to the media. Let the media talk, I know in my heart of my guilt or innocence. Besides, I'm too obscure a person. I don't think I'll ever gain that sort of noteriety.