Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Xmas tree tax

Re: Xmas tree tax

Are you really that naive that you believe the President is aware of absolutely everything? And I don't say this about just Obama, I extend it to Bush #42 and #43 and all president's.

Yes, the Secretary of Agriculture knew about it, do I believe he got the President's personal buy in before he announced it? No, because if he had, they wouldn't have pulled it back. My guess is they ran it buy a staffer who approved it. They released it, it didn't fly, they rescinded it. As I said, stupid idea and definitely bumbling. But do I think Obama knew about it, no. People at lower levels make stupid decisions all day long, happens in every company in America. I'm fixing decisions with my staff every day.

naive? do you think that a dept can arbitrarily add a tax? this isn't the EPA adding regulation, its a tax. they recinded for political purposes...it made obama look bad...saying he didn't know about it is obtuse and frankly not only naive, but flat out stupid. liberals will defend anyone they like...even when they do wrong

Post Re: Xmas tree tax

Well, the source is from the heritage.org, so anything they have is suspect...being that only things conservative are in the realm of the higher power... and all things lesser are evil.

Including taxing Christmas trees. yes, Obama, the Muslim must be the one who said to tax these trees.

source aside..facts are facts..agriculture dept cannot just add a tax...and its not about xmas, its about yet another govt handout when and where not needed. do libs ever get the bigger picture?

Post Re: Xmas tree tax

If one actually reads the second article, the tax was requested by the Christmas Tree Growers Association. Also, it says that the price of Xmas trees wouldn't go up to the end user. So what is actually the big deal? It seems kind of like a stupid tax...improve marketing/selling of Christmas trees. But it the people who produce the Christmas trees want it and the buyer won't see any affect and it actually sells more trees so that the producers make more money.

it coulda been requsted by santa claus...still implemented by the white house...and its a big deal because once ANY tax is implemented, it seems to always grow..may not be tacked on now, but its a matter of time until it can be...income tax ring a bell?

btw...if this association wants a tax to fund itself, they can mandate ALL members pay into their own marketing fund...don't wanna belong and pay, DONT. The govt should have NO place in this...let them do it themselves.