Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: robocalls and collections...

Post robocalls and collections...

calls to cellphones... that is what Obama is saying he wants to do now. now that is what a student who cant find a job needs...a collector hounding them...tell you what BARRY... get a REAL energy policy and an intelligent economic policy and you won't have to worry about passing law after law that squeezes people..the only thing i kinda like here is all those idealistic students are getting a taste of reality as Barry continues to pander to unions... who cares about a degree, cause now they get a job and are considered part of the "rich" who need to "pay their fair share..."

suck it up kids...u asked for it...enjoy it...

Re: robocalls and collections...

I haven't read anything on this, I'll say that up front, but I wonder if it has more to do with the fact that most people have given up a land line and they only have cell phones.

My ex ran up a credit card at a department store we'd had jointly. I had forgotten about the card through the divorce because we never used it. Because it was in my name he screwed my credit, my fault for not remembering it and canceling it (he later filed for bankruptcy).

They couldn't call him because he only had a cell phone and they had our old phone number on file (we'd both moved out of the house). So that's where my thought went to. But I could be wrong about the meaning behind the thought. But I do know more and more people who don't have a land line, only a cell phone.

yes...its one of those hidden little tidbits that congress likes to hide in each bill...kinda like the graft they bring to their own constituencies..(maybe an education bill with funding for a turtle farm in somewhere etc.) this one is in the new "stimulus" or as i like to call it the "union payback" bill...

Post Re: robocalls and collections...

I would bet that is why. I'm one of the few people I know that still has a landline. Most everyone has gone to cell only households. People need to be hel accountable for their debt and either figure out a payment plan or declare bankruptcy.

why don't u demand the govt does the same then? liberals don't want that...they just want to spend more and more..

Just like the majority repubs when GW was in office... spend like drunken sailors...lol

Oh how we all find ourselves against, when we are for the party at hand...lol

yes..they overspent..and many of us are against that...what you think the tea party was/is about? that said...the "party at hand" thinks gov't spending is the path to a growing economy and to jobs when its the exact opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by alexc View Post
    yes..they overspent..and many of us are against that...what you think the tea party was/is about? that said...the "party at hand" thinks gov't spending is the path to a growing economy and to jobs when its the exact opposite.
    The thing was that no one came up with the idea of the Tea Party when GW or the Republican party held office before Obama.

Now, when when it's a new admin... OMG, they are spending money.!!!

What happened to the inbetweeners when it was OK to spend gazillions of dollars on elective wars, building foriegn infrastrure overseas, etc., when our own national electric grid, trains, water, infrastruture has been corroding for decades?

One cannnot have it both ways. That this is admin is doing something worse for the economy that the past one did.