Thread: OT: Ladies, I'm in transition!!

Thumbs up OT: Ladies, I'm in transition!!

On Monday I took my husband to Eugene OR to the Slocum Orthopedic center for his knee. Then we went across the street and I traded in my 2001 Subaru Outback for a 2011 Subaru Outback Limited. She is a sweet ride! Her color is Ruby Red Pearl and we live on Ruby May so her name is Ruby. We were there over 4-1/2 hours and since we hadn't eaten since breakfast at 6:30a, we went to the nearest restaurant which was PF Chang. My fortune cookie said something good was going to happen.

On Tuesday a Realtor called about showing our house. At 7:00 our Realtor called and said she had a full price offer on our home. It's been on the market 4 years. YAY YAY YAY You can imagine our elation. We're already half packed!

Consequently I've had to catch up on all my soaps and I haven't been posting. We will be moving from Oregon to Northwest Arkansas in less than a month. If you don't hear from me, don't worry, I'm still here.
    Pink Flamingo

Post Re: OT: Ladies, I'm in transition!!

Good Luck with yr move! That's quite a distance. Great news on yr house, housing market around here is not good. Hope yr husband's knee is better.

Re: OT: Ladies, I'm in transition!!

Good luck and safe travels on your move. I hope you'll be online again soon after your reach Arkansas. Thanks for letting us know you are okay. I do worry when a steady poster disappears for a bit.

Re: OT: Ladies, I'm in transition!!

What a bunch of good luck and great news ! I have a cousin in that part of AR.. they love it so much.
    Judy

That's excellent in this grim real estate market. Hope you have a smooth move!

Our house has been for sale for FOUR years and FINALLY it's sold. We moved here right at the big ole market downturn. Both of our 401k, IRA went south. They have been creeping back slowly. I managed to avoid today's market destruction by having bought an annuity and moving the balance of my funds to a cash position. Instead of losing $40-$50,000, I've only lost about $2,000. I've really got to watch it. It's a scary, scary place for someone who's just retired but a year from Social Security. The soaps are dwindling and it's only an indicator of what's to come.
    Pink Flamingo

By "excellent" I was just referring to the full offer. I just put my house on the market. I've put $15,000 worth of improvements into this house and the realtor tells me I'll be lucky to break even. Money I will never get back! I got news for him, if I don't get a decent offer I'm not selling.

After what happened over the weekend I'm ready to set up a teepee in the woods and become one of those crazy government-hating hermits. And that's all I got to say about that.

If we were younger, we might have held out, too. Chuck is 68. We've been packing for 7 full days and we're making really good headway, but we're both broken. Broken knee, broken back, aches and pains. Nothing like 5 years ago! We took a big hit here. We bought when prices were high and sold when they were low. We lost $100,000. Somethings just don't work out right.

Good luck on selling your house!!!
    Pink Flamingo