Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: Obama...One Term?

Post Re: Obama...One Term?

sure they are being irresponsible...so are the women.. it's not the baby's fault though...

everyone realizes consumers and employees are part of the big picture... the employers having freedom to expand when they see fit and to hold on to their profits if they see fit is also their right... it's called individual liberty...they have rights to their property just like you.. it is what seperated us from the rest of the world... you preach about your freedom to buy what you want but then turn around and assume the govt should have the right to determine when employers should expand and hire... do you think that passes constitutional muster? maybe you should be more concerned with WHY things are the way the are with the wealthy sitting on their capital as opposed to expansion and hiring... instead of thinking the govt should order them to do so, why not find out why things are idle right now? ever thought to listen to the employers? are you hearing what they are saying these days?

CEO's and small business owners are anything BUT lazy and it is really disinginuous of you to suggest that... businesses are always looking to expand and they meet daily on how to do it... they have meetings and look at the risks and potential and that's how they decide what to do.. many times the plans put into action fail and they lose lots of money... very rarely are these expansion plans totally guaranteed to succeed...

the airline industry has a great track record in my opinion..being that it is safer to fly than drive... but you know damned well safety was not the reason obama and his union thugs went after boeing's South Carolina plant... it's because the unions line the democrats pockets and they hate right to work states... just another example how the marxist prez put's his lobbyist dollars ahead of the common worker wanting a job; you can hide behind your safety concerns all you want but anyone with an ounce of sense knows thats not the case... you know it as well...

Re: Obama...One Term?

My point is, if both were being responsible in some way or another, they wouldn't be having abortions.
    I refuse to believe that people women have abortions or go on welfare simply because "it's there."

everyone realizes consumers and employees are part of the big picture... the employers having freedom to expand when they see fit and to hold on to their profits if they see fit is also their right... it's called individual liberty...they have rights to their property just like you.. it is what seperated us from the rest of the world... you preach about your freedom to buy what you want but then turn around and assume the govt should have the right to determine when employers should expand and hire... do you think that passes constitutional muster?
    They have rights to thier permanent physical property, that is all.
    Items that are put up for sale or the services they offer, thier money may be considered property but they are not permanent and one is exchanged for the other.
    The government still has to pay for things like military, roads, police/fire, schools, etc. etc. Those are services we have to pay for.
    George W. Bush left us a huge mess when he left office, it (and Sarah Palin) cost the Republicans the presidency and Obama has to clean it up.
    The job losses were more a result of Bush than Obama.
    Our high debt was either from the Bush years or from attempts to clean up his mess.

maybe you should be more concerned with WHY things are the way the are with the wealthy sitting on their capital as opposed to expansion and hiring... instead of thinking the govt should order them to do so, why not find out why things are idle right now? ever thought to listen to the employers? are you hearing what they are saying these days?
    I know exactly why things are idle, lack of demand. They are "producing" but noone is actually buying.
    People aren't spending as much as they used to because they don't have the kind of money they had before. They tried to buy the things they enjoyed before via credit cards, but that debt is mounting and people are cutting back to pay off the credit cards.

the airline industry has a great track record in my opinion..being that it is safer to fly than drive... but you know damned well safety was not the reason obama and his union thugs went after boeing's South Carolina plant... it's because the unions line the democrats pockets and they hate right to work states... just another example how the marxist prez put's his lobbyist dollars ahead of the common worker wanting a job; you can hide behind your safety concerns all you want but anyone with an ounce of sense knows thats not the case... you know it as well...
    That is because some airlines take safety into consideration over profit because the FAA MAKES THEM! They have to follow all sorts of regulations, inspection and safety standards, etc. etc.
    Even then, cost-cutting often results in lapses in safety and maintenance practices.

And no, I trust the (most likely unionized) more-senior, many have been doing this most of thier lives workers and with years of experience at the Everett Boeing plant than I do some newbie from North Carolina that's just out of Technical School at best, High School at worst. The newbies can start off at Cessna or something, build thier resumes and work thier way up.
    If they want to work at Boeing from off the streets, they need to work with those who worked there before and gain experience in that manner.
    I tell you this over and over. Just as the flying public would rather have experienced pilots flying the planes they ride in rather than some kid just out of flight school.

Post Re: Obama...One Term?

and my point is that the child should not have to pay the ultimate penalty due to irresponsible behaviour of the adults;

I have no idea what you are talking about "because it's there"... huh?

their merchandise and services they offer MAY be considered theirs?... what the hell are you talking about? "one is exchanged for the other"? "not permanent" what the hell are you talking about? "govt still has to build roads...etc...etc."... who the hell is saying they don't... were you high when you wrote this stuff?

do you now anything about why our economy collapsed ? to you know how many entities were involved with it that were outside white house control? blaming bush for the economic downturn is for mental lightweights... try reading up on the subject..

obama is not cleaning up jack squat...he's making it worse;

blaming bush for the job losses is for people who don't know very much about the facts...

if you think obama's spending that is on pace to quadruple anything bush ever did is/did help rectify our economy, you again don't know much...

ummm...no you don't know exactly... listen to those who make hiring decisions on grand scales and they'll tell you the obama administration has caused so much concern and uncertainity, they just don't feel comfortable with expansion;

some airlines put safety over profits because the FAA makes them?... which ones in this country don't have to follow FAA rules?... I'd be interested to know so I don't buy my next ticket from them... so what you are saying is that if they set up a new shop in another state without a union, that means there will be no experienced mechanics and builders of airplanes?... wasn't this a production facility? are you saying that if there is no union, that means the workforce will have no experience?

Re: Obama...One Term?

were you high when you wrote this stuff?
    How drunk were you when you were reading this and writing your responses?

ummm...no you don't know exactly... listen to those who make hiring decisions on grand scales and they'll tell you the obama administration has caused so much concern and uncertainity, they just don't feel comfortable with expansion;
    They are concerned, uncertain, and uncomfortable because noone's buying. They blame Obama but the fact of the matter is, noone can afford what they are selling.
    It is demand that drives an economy, drives a company to expand, and creates jobs.
    They can churn out cheap Chinese crap, get thier taxes lowered, and write off business expenses all they want but they aren't going to gain any actual income let alone move products off thier shelves unless people can actually afford it.
    Take Krispy Kreme for example. They were mostly an East Coast thing but moved west because people were travelling all that way to buy thier donuts.
    And you laughed at me when I said lack of tourism was a factor in the Greek economy. Here is a company that expanded mainly BECAUSE of tourism!

so what you are saying is that if they set up a new shop in another state without a union, that means there will be no experienced mechanics and builders of airplanes?... wasn't this a production facility? are you saying that if there is no union, that means the workforce will have no experience?
    If you are starting your work force from scratch, your starting wage is lower than what a regional airline is paying two states away (which means the experienced folk will likely to look elsewhere, unless taking these jobs mainly out of desparation), doing whatever you can to exclude the already-existing unionized work force, then yes.