Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama...One Term?

Post Re: Obama...One Term?

try comparing the standard of living and a different story arises... looking just at average income doesn't tell not even close to the real story.. there's a big difference between being able to have 2,000 square feet ,a front and back yard than being cramped in a 600 ft apt dealing with the noise of people you share walls and ceilings with...

the point I was making though is that weather plays virtually no part in Texas' success... it's the pro-business climate.. other factors are also involved.. infrastructure, state taxes..(Miss would do well to abolish their state income taxes)...

look at the unemployment levels as well along with status of their state budgets... the states with the less regulation and job killing taxes and right to work are the ones who are going to continue to do better..especially in the global economy we live in... Texas also leads all others in exports ... how does a state with so much less population than NY and CA do so much better in that arena?

Texas created 1/2 of all the jobs the entire NATION created during the last 2 years... and Cats wants to attribute that to the weather here?...uhh.. I don't think so...

Re: Obama...One Term?

Sure it does. If more businesses are moving to the South, the resulting job creation and people moving South to get these jobs would mean a rise in income levels for the general populace.

Assuming businesses want to keep thier best and brightest, they would be encouraging ther current employees to move with them. I doubt these companies are going to encourage people to move by saying "We're going to pay you less, but you can afford a bigger place".
    I'm going to take a good guess that people that currently work for these these businesses from the North and more "liberal" places will probably want to keep thier old salaries when they relocate South.

You'd also think the South would have fewer people IN poverty. California may have people in little apartments, but I think the South has more people cramped in itty bitty trailers.
    http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/20...merica/?src=mv
    http://www.census.gov/prod/2010pubs/acsbr09-1.pdf

not going to get into a pissing match over 38k in Miss vs 95k in manhattan... lot's of stuff that could have us going on with useless drivel for days...

the main point was cats saying Texas' success is due to weather which is utter BS...

Texas has success because it is dominated by conservatives for the most part who don't beat capitalism over the head...

1/2 of all jobs created in the country is not because of our weather...

*Sigh*
    If all hopes are on Rick Perry, it looks like another 4 years of President Hollywood.

How about sheer land mass of the state of TX? No way could all of New England keep up with a TX in terms of ability to create jobs, there isn't enough land.
    How many of those jobs were military though? Does military enlistment even factor into job creation data? (I don't know, I'm asking)

sheer land mass? what else will liberals come up with to explain the conservative lone star's success other than the facts? how many businesses must leave the restrictive areas where unions and leftists rule in search for freedom before the lefties "get it"?

actually I'm sure the lefties get it, because economic success means people rely less on government which is the leftist main platform for growth...

hope and despair are the ingredients that feed the statists... it gives rise to the confiscation of the property of the producers , moral decay and societal decline...

Texas is about freedom, free markets and allowing businesses to grow and not be restricted by the iron claw of marxism...

If the Reuplicans put up a true conservative in 2012 then chances are good that Obama will be one termer. But if they run another McCain type who was just a liberal-lite then the Republicans will lose. Republicans tend to do better when they actually run on conservative principles. After eight years of the Bush spending crap the GOP forgot what conserfvatism was. There are some good Tea Party type candidates out there who might have a chance to beat Obama but if Romney gets the nomination all bets are off.

I agree Kathy... and we need to attack obama in a different way... talk about the virtues of what made us # 1.. instead of constantly saying we can't afford 4 more years of barry, while true, it doesn't resignate as well as a more positive msg about being that shiny city on a hill as Regan once put it... freedom, capitalism, the beacon of hope for the world to see... but we have to fight back and confront the lies the liberals have been spewing for over 100 years around the world.. the class warfare we saw yesterday MUST be defeated... it is false and destructive and we have to point out why and point out the failed results of implementing that type of philosophy.. we're not tossing granny off the cliff... we are saving her AND the country...