Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: C-mon people!

Post C-mon people!

Good grief this board is d-e-a-d! What's going on? You mean at this time when our lives are being so directly affected by what our politicians do in Washington- nobody here cares enough to comment?

I guess the falling number of soap viewers translates into fewer and fewer people finding this site. Pretty sad.

C-mon people... can't we keep this board going?

GrannyG... where are you? Catstrack? Bigeasy? Mtj? Carrie? MeganG? And all the rest of you sporadic posters... c-mon! There must be something worth commenting on! LOL

I can't keep this board going all by myself.

Re: C-mon people!

I've been offering my wit and wisdom to a group on Facebook known as The Americans Against the Tea Party.

My first act was to reveal the Republicans' Stalker Rapist fantasies.
    "Why deal with the messy dating scene? Support the Republicans and no man shall ever have to date a girl again. When they redefine rape, just get her unconscious and get her pregnant! Girlfriend forever!"

Some recent responses-

Hawaii Same Sex Civil Unions Bill Approved By State Legislature
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0...91.html?fbwall
    (On the origins of marriage)
    The (original) point of marriage was two-fold. To transfer responsibility of a daughter from father to husband and to ensure a wife did not run off to some other guy with thier child (especially sons). Marriage was also pre-arranged, in some cases to prevent interracial breeding.
    This is also why both Islam and Hebrew law are very harsh towards adultery, but at the same time allow polygamy. Marriage during these ages promoted reproduction and continuation of fledgeling cultures. Fledgeling cultures or cultures on the verge of extinction would need to promote reproduction in order to continue thier culture.

The American culture is neither fledgeling or on the verge of extinction, nor does it have any problems reproducing outside (Edit: even with the absence of) marriage.

The homosexual community wants to be legally able to transfer property and children to thier surviving life partner with little or no question as well as various other rights granted to married heterosexual couples. If Terry Schiavo is of any indication, you see the wishes of the husband prevailed, and wills can be contested.
    If this was a homosexual couple, and even if there was a will, the wishes of the parents would have prevailed, not the life partner.
    "Civil Unions" would fall under the category of "Separate but Equal".
    There is another word for this: Apartheid.
    It didn't work for South Africa, it won't work for "Civil Unions" either.
    (Note: Under Apartheid, the facilities reserved for blacks fell to disrepair. Similarly, "Civil Unions" can be similarly watered down until it isn't the same as "Marriage". Plus to refuse money from an entire race is Anti-Capitalist)
    Rush Limbaugh: If the Will of the People is Ignored, It'll be Time to Go Egypt on Obama
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/dai...112.guest.html

The Egyptian people rose up as a united people. It didn't matter if they were Christian, Muslim, or whether or not the color of thier skin is different from the rest.
    When the Tea Party "Goes Egyptian", it will only be them. If they succeed, every Black, Jew, Hispanic, Muslim, (adding gay), and woman should be afraid.
    The Mormons and Catholics should be worried too because they might be next.

Post Re: C-mon people!

Quote Originally Posted by jolau View Post
    Rush Limbaugh: If the Will of the People is Ignored, It'll be Time to Go Egypt on Obama
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/dai...112.guest.html

The Egyptian people rose up as a united people. It didn't matter if they were Christian, Muslim, or whether or not the color of thier skin is different from the rest.
    When the Tea Party "Goes Egyptian", it will only be them. If they succeed, every Black, Jew, Hispanic, Muslim, (adding gay), and woman should be afraid.
    The Mormons and Catholics should be worried too because they might be next.
    Wow- his brain is even more addled from all that drug abuse than ever! This is about as silly and condescending as it gets. (Notice how he insults his caller by saying that he'll put in terms that even he can understand!)

Um... somebody ought to inform Limpballs that the Egyptian people took to the streets in revolt because they have a dictator in charge and didn't have fair elections! To try to compare that situation with ours here is so out of touch with reality that only the zonked out and pickled Rush could make it!

I hate to remind him something called REALITY... but President Obama was elected here in a fair election by a huge majority. He didn't take power in a coup or do anything illegal or dictatorial. And our democratic process allows for a recourse whenever the people feel that their elected folks aren't doing their jobs- we can elect someone else the next time and throw them out of office! That's the very basic tenet of our democracy- that we the people get to elect who rules over us. So that blood doesn't need to be spread... and rulers don't get to stay in power for decades, doing whatever they want!

I'm convinced more and more that people like Rush and all the poor souls he deludes and brainwashes relaly have NO real idea what democracy is.

Of course, in Limpball's case I have no doubt that he knows exactly what he's doing when he tries to make the case that we are or should be on the verge of armed revolt in this country because President Obama had the nerve to try to carry out his campaign promises! Yes, it's all about trying to convince the gullible that we are being threatened...right now... and must resort armed, bloody revolt! Because if the right can't scare people into forgetting all reason and thought... then they can't fool them into getting behind their failed policies.

And I'm laughing at the mental picture of el Rusbo actually marching in the streets in ANY kind of gathering, revot or otherwise, with the folks he brainwashes every day! Like that would ever happen! You seriously think Limpballs would EVER mix and mingle with the great unwashed masses he preaches to?!? Not hardly! If we ever did have a mass revolt in this country and people actually took to the streets- Rush would be the first one flying off to safety in his private jet! Good grief.

BTW... this is exactly what I'm talking about. 34 people looked at this post yet only jolau had a comment? Really? LOL

are you saying that rush says the tea party is a threat to jews, blacks, muslims and gay people?

maybe if you would stop posting such silliness more people would get involved...

how can an intelligent conversation take place when you take quotes out of context and try to make "facts" out of them?

despite the fact that he won a fair election, things have changed... "keeping your coverage if you like it".. "we'll have to see what's in it after we pass it"... "transparency" "watch every dime"...blah blah blah... before election: patriot act bad... after election "let's keep it"... I guess the left is now ok with patriot act since their annointed one holds the cards... what hypocrits...

what about club gitmo?... what about tribunals? suing AZ.. nobody wanted the health care bill and the left acts surprised when we de-fund it... guess what guys? that's why we voted the way we did...

rush continues to be far and away the most listened to radio guy the market has ever seen..

the opposition is limited to lies and out of context quotes because you can not defeat his success or his purpose...

poll after poll showed the discontent with obama care and suing AZ among other things.. terrorist trials in NYC...so many other things... cap and trade...(they circumvented the will of the people by giving unconstitutional powers to the EPA)

so the left needs to understand democracy and the rule of law... becase they are refusing to listen to the rulings of judges or the opinion of the voters...

Quote Originally Posted by big easy View Post
    are you saying that rush says the tea party is a threat to jews, blacks, muslims and gay people?
    No, I said that.

How are the Tea Party's supposed "policies" going to benefit Muslims and gays?
    Or Women, Hispanics, Jews, or Blacks for that matter?

what does the tea party or govt for that matter OWE to muslims, gays, women, jews and blacks?

what about more opportunity and prosperity for everyone? why do we have to single out groups and promise them special benefits?

My real life is chaotic and crazy lately. I don't have any energy to debate politics these days.