Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Many Americans Still Don't Grasp Iraq war Is Illegal

Re: Many Americans Still Don't Grasp Iraq war Is Illegal

If you're going to be that draconian about abortion laws because of minors having them, might as well be alittle more draconian about minors having sex too.
    Why are you willing to let them run free like that and being sexually active at that young age before they get pregnant, but are trying to ensure parental envolvement when it's obviously too late?

You might not be saying anything about Doomsday, and yet you are referring to the section of the Bible that's all about Doomsday.

History has shown us that religion has been and always will be all about conformity, not individuality. The oppression of Jews and the drive to convert Jews, Muslims, Pagans, and Native Americans for example. You have to be a certain way in order to achieve salvation, otherwise you are not a member of the community and perhaps even the mere presence of such people within it would mean God might not love you anymore.
    How else would you explain our terrorist enemies? Thier thought processes are anything but liberal.
    Last edited by jolau; 11.2.07 at 4:21 AM.

Post Re: Many Americans Still Don't Grasp Iraq war Is Illegal

Quote Originally Posted by big easy View Post

desperate housewives?...who give a flyin %&!! about that?
    liberals will always accept un Godly acts and opinions because religious people put God above the collective...it's an individual thing reines..you wouldn't understand
    Right Bigeasy- bin Laden and his followers also put their God above the collective. This is exactly why we must have that pesky old seperation of church and state.
    And you don't care about the trash filling up our airwaves these days? The increasingly sexualized and tawdry tiltillation aimed at younger and younger kids? I can't imagine why not! You're so concerned about young girls having abortions yet you casually disregard the dramatic sexualization of our society that's teaching young girls all the time that their main value is how "hot" they are?

I'm not for all this stuff on t.v. nor am I for letting them run wild and have sex...not just because of pregnancy or std's either.... and since when did lefties give a crap on the content on t.v. or call for them to cool it?... certainly you wouldn't have anything to say about those hollywood geniuses yall worship would you?

separation of church and state never intended for it to be used by the God haters the way it is being used and you know it... don't even go there because you will lose....

We lefties make mention of this because you righties claim to care so much about family values and the well-being of children.

What were the Founding Fathers seeing in Europe at the time? I think looking into what was going on there during the lifetimes of the Founding Fathers would give you a clue as to why they came up with the First Amendment.

And what are the God haters guilty of, versus what the God lovers are guilty of? Let's include the Allah lovers too.

we don't consider lack of parental notice of giving a child a major operation that kills the life of a baby as "looking out for the well being of children"

the 1st amendment was designed to give people freedom of religion..it is why the mayflower folks came here so they could worship as they pleased.. it was established so those who whised to worship as they pleased not have gov't restrictions on them... you God haters have now used it to restrict religion.. children singing religious hyms, praying in school and using the Bible as a reader/learning tool was common place before the commie/God haters took over our courts..

the Allah lovers are getting all kinds of special treatments these days while the TRUE messagender of God gets silenced

The God haters are guilty of restricting religious freedom that the Founding Fathers invisioned; the God lovers want what is best for society which is to obey the 10 commandments

the 10 commandments go against the leftis agenda

after what happened to your family in China, I find it amazing how you refuse to accept what is fact

I'd think most parents would consider the "Your teenage daughter is going to have an abortion" call somewhere up there with the "your teenage son died of a heroin overdose" call. You know, the call that makes you feel like a total failure of a parent?
    Maybe the "your son/daughter was killed in an AlQaida ambush in Sadr City" call.

How is it that you God lovers call it an "individual thing" or "putting God above the collective" when you're trying to get the collective to obey the 10 commandments?
    Aren't you in turn restricting religious freedom as well since this excludes most if not all the Eastern religions, possibly Judaism, and most certainly Islam? Religious freedom isn't just for Christians, you know.

We lefties or "God haters" as you call us, wish to include all religions, and know you "God lovers" only want to include like-minded "God lovers". And what form of "God loving" will you accept once all the non-Christians are eliminated?
    I'm certain you "God lovers" will turn against the Catholics and the Mormons first.

Speaking of which, you God lovers "wanting society to obey the 10 commandments" shouldn't talk when are guilty of the extermination of the ancient religions (this should be considered a form of genocide), the near extermination of the Native Americans (I'd call this actual genocide), the enslavement of the Africans (possibly even more genocide), continuous attempts of committing acts of genocide against the Jews and Muslims through inquisitions and other methods of forced conversions throughout history, witch hunts, crusades, and other forms of religious warfare?
    And what of World War 2?
    Weren't certain "God lovers" involved with the holocaust of the Jews, Gays, Gypsies and other undesirables living in Nazi Germany?
    I'm certain all that history of bloodshed vastly outweighs the 50 or so years of Communism.

Quote Originally Posted by big easy View Post
    we don't consider lack of parental notice of giving a child a major operation that kills the life of a baby as "looking out for the well being of children"

the 1st amendment was designed to give people freedom of religion..it is why the mayflower folks came here so they could worship as they pleased.. it was established so those who whised to worship as they pleased not have gov't restrictions on them... you God haters have now used it to restrict religion.. children singing religious hyms, praying in school and using the Bible as a reader/learning tool was common place before the commie/God haters took over our courts..

the Allah lovers are getting all kinds of special treatments these days while the TRUE messagender of God gets silenced

The God haters are guilty of restricting religious freedom that the Founding Fathers invisioned; the God lovers want what is best for society which is to obey the 10 commandments

the 10 commandments go against the leftis agenda

after what happened to your family in China, I find it amazing how you refuse to accept what is fact
    God is not mentioned ONCE in the constitution, Bigeasy.......and I think there is a good reason why.
    Your constant insinuation that only rightwingers believe in God or practice religion is insulting.......and ludicrous. Fact is, around 85% of the people in the United States call themselves Christians. It doesn't sound like beliefe in a Christian God is in any way endangered or under assault- and if it is, it's got to be the most unsuccessfull "assault" ever!
    Our founding fathers were much more concerned that there be no mandated state religion- as there was in England- than they were about forcing everyone to recognize God. Somehow that's gotten all turned around by those who make being supposedly victimized a lifestyle into this notion that religious belief or practice is under threat.
    You are quite free to believe whatever you wish, Bigeasy....and worship as you see fit. But that doesn't mean that you have the right to force the rest of us to go along.....or co-opt public policy to reflect your religious agenda.
    And speaking of those ten commandments- it sems to me that "Thou shall not kill" is a biggee.........tell me again how the radical religious folks who support this war because they think it's all part of the End Times scenerio are following that?
    What a joke. I have no problem with the ten commandments- but it sure looks like many of the rightwing cabal who insist on supporting Bush's endless war for profit certainly do!