Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Many Americans Still Don't Grasp Iraq war Is Illegal

Re: Many Americans Still Don't Grasp Iraq war Is Illegal

reines...do you dispute the UN findings of all the trucks that convoyed out of iraq into syria? do you dispute the tape recordings that were found of sadaam and his men discussing the deception techniques that were used against the inspectors? are you familiar with what sadaam was ordered to do after the 1st gulf war in regards to the womd? do you realize he agreed to do it and never did?

Post Re: Many Americans Still Don't Grasp Iraq war Is Illegal

Yeah, I do. And so do most people. But don't take it from me..........take it from this FOX NEWS article quoting Condoleeza Rice:

White House: No Evidence Iraq Moved WMD to Syria

Friday, January 09, 2004

WASHINGTON The United States has no credible evidence that Iraq moved weapons of mass destruction (search) into Syria early last year before the U.S.-led war that drove Saddam Hussein from power, National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice said Friday.
    Rice said, "Any indication that something like that happened would be a very serious matter.
    "But I want to be very clear: we don't, at this point, have any indications that I would consider credible and firm that that has taken place, but we will tie down every lead," she said at a White House briefing about Bush's trip Monday to a hemispheric summit in Mexico.
    In nine months, arms control experts in Iraq have failed to find a single item from a long list of weapons of mass destruction. The Bush administration cited an alleged weapons stockpile in Iraq as a primary reason for launching the war against Saddam's government.
    "We're going to follow every lead on what may have happened here," Rice said. "I don't think we are at the point that we can make a judgment on this issue. There hasn't been any hard evidence that such a thing happened.
    "But obviously we're going to follow up every lead," she said, "and it would be a serious problem if that, in fact, did happen."
    reines: Now bigeasy...........if there was any evidence, real evidence, that Saddam somehow moved all his nonexistent WMD into Syria...........wouldn't you think that this administration would be shouting it from the rooftops???

"Despite evidence of Saddam's continued ambition to acquire nuclear weapons, to date we have not uncovered evidence that Iraq undertook significant post-1998 steps to actually build nuclear weapons or produce fissile material."
    Iraq Survey Group Interim Progress Report 10/2/03

"My summary view, based on what I've seen, is we're very unlikely to find large stockpiles of weapons....I don't think they exist."
    Former UN Inspector David Kay 1/26/04

"The ISG has not found evidence that Saddam possessed WMD stocks in 2003."
    Iraq Survey Group 10/7/04

your playing politics and not looking at the facts..everybody including myself know that nothing concrete was found... you have refused to answer the obvious questions I've mentioned because you can not deal with reality

certainly they are not going to mention the moving of womd because they made everything look like they were going to be found 2 or 3 days after the invasion..political stupidity...not illegal or lying though as you like to make it out to be

Quote Originally Posted by big easy View Post
    certainly they are not going to mention the moving of womd because they made everything look like they were going to be found 2 or 3 days after the invasion..political stupidity...not illegal or lying though as you like to make it out to be
    Are you kidding? Like this administration wouldn't make sure it was plastered on every media source possibleif we ever actually had ANY proof at all that any WMD were ever moved into Syria. PROOF, EVIDENCE, bigeasy- not just feeble attempts by those invested in Bush and this war to justify it.
    I'm not "playing politics"- I'm refuting the rightwing allegations and suppositions with the actual words of officials who's job it was to find out. You just disregard the Iraq Survey group Report, David Kay, and other officials I've quoted over the past few months and insist that oh yes, there were WMD, they were somehow all moved to Syria, and of course, george W. Bush didn't lie and mislead to start this war of choice! With no evidence or proof or anything other than that you want it to be true.
    Gee bigeasy.......when are you going to admit that Bush is a liar.......and this war was never right?

yep..I'm convinced now... OJ is innoccent too...afterall... he wasn't found there jabbin' the knife in was he?

Quote Originally Posted by reines View Post
    Well apparently he did, bigeasy......because we didn't find any WMD, did we?
    Hussein Kamel's 1995 private briefing to UN inspectors was leaked weeks before the start of the war. He told inspectors that all the weapons had been destroyed. Kamel was not only Saddam's son-in-law, who defected from Iraq in 1995......but was also the Head of Iraq's secret weapons industries for 10 years. "That after the Gulf war, Iraq destroyed all its chemical and biological weapons stocks and the missiles to deliver them."
    Gee........I wonder why we didn'thear about this on Faux News every night in the run up to this illegal war, eh?
    Yeah because there's no way they could have been removed

Oh.. I missed the part where they could simply just TELL them they were destroyed...damn.. I thought they had to DO IT in front of inspectors... hell that explains everything