Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Al Gore Wins Nobel Peace Prize!!

Post Re: Al Gore Wins Nobel Peace Prize!!

"not really"...famous last words of liberals.. "this tax will only last a year"... "only the wealthiest 1% will feel a hit and that won't affect anybody else".... "if we just give them a little help, they'll be self sufficient in no time at all".. "this really is a good new program...you'll see...it's "not going to really" be that bad"..

stimulate the economy my ASS... if so, why are developing nations exempt? wouldn't they want to "stimulate" their economies too?... why would we leave all the poor folks out of all this "stimulation"

really reines....I mean really....stop the bull shat..

Re: Al Gore Wins Nobel Peace Prize!!

They shouldn't be exempt. Nobody thinks Kyoto, the way it stands now, is the best we can do! It's a beginning- if you don't like it- then change it. The point is- we need to do SOMETHING.
    And BTW, since we consume the huge lion's share of the world's resources (with a pittance of the world's population) don't we have a moral obligatio to do MORE than other countries?

That's it - are you going to err on the side of caution or on the side of calamity?

I agree. The truth is out there, but for some it will remain a matter of non-interest until something directly impacts them. Could be sooner than later for some, for others these problems simply won't exist as to cleaning up the environment and making this world healthier. It's the only world we have right now.

What's getting in the way? Selfishness and self-interest it seems to me. Why can't more people look at the bigger picture....and consider our obligation to future generations, not just to ourselves?
    That's one thing we might have copied from the Native American cultures. They looked at every option and decision and action in the context of how it would affect future generations. And acted in what they thought was the best way to preserve and grow that legacy.
    Today- we seem to only think about what we want...today. It's so sad.

what get's me is that the changes that are taking place are changes that have been occurring for millions of years... NASA and the founder of the weather channell have recently issued statements saying that changes in the ocean currents are not man made... the founder of the weather channel sez the "global warming is man made" are politically motivated and have no scientific proof to back up their claims...

I think we should be more focused on the preservation of our rain forests and looking to bring certain populations up to a level where they can be self sufficient without destroying rain forests... nort texas tap water sux too...due to the methods of obtaining natural gas from underground...they can start making that better for big easy and family...

Right, Bigeasy- and these same folks were also insisting that the earth WASN'T getting warmer just a few years ago! It's been a deliberate campaign to attempt to muddy the waters and prolong any real action for as long as possible.
    Real scientists who are accredited are almost unanimous in concluding that the science shows that man's activities are greatly accelerating global warming. I just don't understand the otion that those who are concerned about this are somehow carrying out some political agenda- do you seriously think that the thousands of scientists who are increasingly speaking out are all in some plot? Does that really make any sense to you?
    ITA with you on the rain forest stuff. The bigger point is that we need to address the situaton- it's only going to get worse. Trying to deny the obvious or ignore it by claiming it's al a natural process is just wasting time- tme that we could be using to figure out how we're going to deal with the consequences.

yes..when billions of dollars are at stake..I lean towards politics instead of truth... inspiring more of our businesses to vacate to places where the restricitons are not there... also..the carbon ticket will be another top commodity... the evergy companies are already making plans to rake in tons of cash on that... not to mention the law suits that are gearing up.... no maam...I follow the money trail

again...I think we need to focus on the 3rd world people who are chopping down the rain forests for survival...gotta be a better way for those folks to eat and get a long that chopping down stuff that can NEVER be replaced... also...my tap water sux