Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Al Gore Wins Nobel Peace Prize!!

Post Re: Al Gore Wins Nobel Peace Prize!!

Quote Originally Posted by big easy View Post
    I missed out on how that pertains on global warming...

sadaam was fighting Iran... long time ago...wake up
    Really? You don't wonder how those who constantly criticize addressing global warming because of the supposed COSTS are strangely silent over the fact that not only is this fiasco in Iraq probably going to cost over $2 trillion dollars......but $9 billion or so is just mysteriously MISSING! We have no idea where it went!
    One can only imagine how much further along in addressing global warming we'd be if we had a spare trillion or two to throw at it.........eh?!? LOL

Re: Al Gore Wins Nobel Peace Prize!!

two wrongs don't make a right ...I don't like money being stolen.. we would be further along on global warming if common sense was not being silenced

Quote Originally Posted by big easy View Post
    two wrongs don't make a right ...I don't like money being stolen.. we would be further along on global warming if common sense was not being silenced
    If you don't like money being stolen then you should be furious at how this administration has stolen our future and handed it over to defense contractors and security outfits with absolutely no real accountability! Where's the OUTRAGE over NINE BILLION DOLLARS of our taxes just being "lost" in Iraq?!?
    Common sense to address global warming? I'd love to see it! Because it seems to me that this administration's only addressing of global warming is to kick the can down the road by pretending that we need to "study" it somemore. I just don't see the common sense (or morality) in ignoring this huge problem and leaving the consequences to future generations.

of course I'm pissed about money being stolen..no matter whose in charge of it..

nobody's ignoring the problem.. why do you ignore these same changes have been occuring for billions of years before man walked the earth?

Question Why is it that no matter what the topic, global warming, s-chip or anything

the argument always comes around to how much money the Iraq war is costing? What does the cost of the war have to with the causes of the rising temperature of the planet. It seems like a left field argument to me.

Post Re: Why is it that no matter what the topic, global warming, s-chip or anything

Quote Originally Posted by justkathy View Post
    the argument always comes around to how much money the Iraq war is costing? What does the cost of the war have to with the causes of the rising temperature of the planet. It seems like a left field argument to me.
    It seems to me that folks (like Bigeasy) who insist that we just can't address global warming because of the supposed economic costs of doing so, are strangely complacent about the huge costs of this war. If cost is the thing holding us back- then how do you explain the willingness to just put a trillion dollars (or two) on the national credit card- with barely a thought?

there's a difference between spending what is being produced in order to get the desired return on the investment versus stopping that which produces in order to obtain something that shows no sign of fixing or returning anything tangible

But addressing global warming will not stop production- not really. It will just mean we produce different things. It's just as likely (and, from what I've read) MORE likely that putting our national energy into addressig global warming.........and trying to head off the disasterous effects from it down the road.........will stimulate our economy even more. The dinosaurs just need to get their heads out of the sand and focus on the possibilities- instead of clinging to the worn-out fossil fuel system of the past. Should we wait until we literally have no choice?
    And, even if you don't believe any of the above- what if you're wrong? Shouldn't we err on the side of caution and consideration for future generations?