Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Al Gore Wins Nobel Peace Prize!!

Re: Al Gore Wins Nobel Peace Prize!!

The only "award" Bush is ever going to get is the award forbeing the absolute worst president in history. You can count on it.

Post Re: Al Gore Wins Nobel Peace Prize!!

well, we gave saddam guns, are we evil as well??

big easy, all the jobs are already in china - wake up and smell the coffee or kimchee, lol.

i do have to say one funny thing - i had a date that was going well until i mentioned how much i admire gore. lol!! guy ran out like i was chasing him with a knife!! lol.

Hey, he did you a favor, ELANA........better to know sooner rather than later that he's reality-compromised! LOL

we also gave guns to bin ladin during the afgan/ussr war... at the time, it was a good move...things change... what is going on now does not neccessarily mean previous decisions were the wrong ones..

too many jobs have gone to india and china...kyoto would send even more... gore's work is full of misguided info and when researchers and scientists with different opinions are threatened with their carreers and denied funding for their work, one should question this as nothing more than a left winged attack on western capitalism

Bigeasy why do you frame this as a
    left-wing attack on western capitalism"? Do you seriously think that it's only left-wingers who are concerned about global warming? And that only those who oppose doing anything about global warming are invested in capitalism?
    That's just ridiculous. I really don't understand the hostility and opposition on your part to taking action. If not Kyoto- then ANYTHING. Because it's not up for debate any longer- not really. The climate is changing dramatically.......and if we don't or can't adjust- guess who's going to suffer? It seems to me that we ought to err on the side of caution........and not ignore this situation any longer. How can you explain to your son or your eventual grandchildren why we did nothing? Worrying about the status quo economic system is going to look pretty lame, IMO, as an excuse for failure to take responsibility. Don't you care what kind of planet you're leaving your descendants?

there is no proof adjusting will change things that have been changing the same way, sometimes faster, for the last billion years... you don't piss jobs and money away on a hypothosis

do goody goody liberals always taking that holier than thou attitude that says "we are smarter than you and we will take care of you because you don't know better"

sickening.. tired of it..

take on worthy environmental issues like rain forest deforestation, clean drinking water and what have you and stop wasting our time with this borking geek whose only after personal admiration

We can also say it's probably also been quite a slow year in the field of peace-making.
    Care to explain Bigeasy?

I'd also like to add that Shimon Perez and Yitzhak Rabin were given the Nobel Prize at the same time as Yassar Arafat.