Thread: Marionette (Spoilers)

Post Marionette (Spoilers)

Okay gross.
    And gross again.
    This was the most gruesome episode of this show ever.
    And what, if anything, did the Frankenstein story have to do with anything related to this show?
    Anna Torv did an excellent job of portraying a woman whose life had been violated, in every possible way.
    And Olivia laid quite the guilt trip on Peter at the end.
    Yes, Peter should have known it wasn't her.
    And you know what?
    When Peter explained things to Olivia, he all but admitted that he DID know it wasn't her.
    Saying that FauxLivia smiled quicker, and wasn't so reserved.
    That, in itself, told Olivia that there are things about her that Peter finds difficult.
    The only consistent thread with the story line we have been following was The Observer seeing Walter at the end, and saying "Yes, he's still alive."
    Huh?
    Like there was some question about that?

Post Re: Marionette (Spoilers)

mtj,
    Sorry you didn't like 3.09, "Marionette."
    Not my fav but I thought the symbolism was good.
    Our Liv and FauxLiv are in a sense both marionettes.
    The 2 Walters pull their strings. And for 8 weeks
    FauxLiv pulled Peter's strings.

The whole sad, twisted, plot led up to 2 scenes:
    The charged one in which Peter & Liv are trying to profile who might have created the Frankenstein-like dancer, and the scene at the end in which Olivia bursts.

The first where Liv is snapping at Peter that the people he was looking into didn't do it, was good. You knew she was making it personal. Peter didn't catch on right away until she said "He didn't love her," and it was painful to watch.
    I thought Peter handled it too well, and got back to business.

But that last scene. That's the saddest P/O of the series so far. Executive Producer Jeff Pinkner had sort of warned us things would get worse after Liv returned.

I thought they were both written pretty well there. Peter's apology into the air was heart-breaking. Someone pointed out at fringetelevision.com that there were 3 chairs in that scene. Peter sat in one, Liv was in the other, and the third
    could represent the third member of our love triangle, FauxLivia. As our Liv walked away from him it represented the loss of both Olivia Dunham's from his love life.

I must mention my favorite scene from the episode, when
    Olivia asks Astrid how Peter was with Faux, if he was happier. Liv tries to shut her emotions down like she did with Peter earlier on by saying it's fine. Note that Astrid was the only one to corner her and say it wasn't fine.
    Astrid grounded Liv by telling her that Peter's feelings were directed toward our Liv not toward Faux, and that his feelings are still there. Olivia listened, but did she hear?
    I think that conversation will play a role later as far as Olivia's actions toward Peter later on.

Comments?

It's bugging me that this show has veered so far away from it's original premise of "the pattern" and what that means in the context of The Observer and the alternate Universe.
    We didn't need 35 minutes of the marionette story to allude to both Olivias being puppets for both Walters.
    I thought Anna Torv did a remarkable acting job in this episode.
    When she collapsed by the dryer, overwhelmed by how deeply her life had been taken over, it was very real.
    And then for Olivia to discover that Fauxlivia had violated the thing closest to her heart...that was very moving.
    I can never tell what direction this story is going to go in next.
    Which makes things a bit confusing.

You will be happier to know that when Fringe returns on
    January 21st that the show enters another phase(hence the title 'Entrada' for 3.08 which is Portuguese for 'Entrance'), that I'm told will be rich with Observer tie-ins and get closer to the mythology of the series.

I just hope that our Liv has reached her peak of sadness and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, and that things will start to get more positive for her.

I'm starting to think that the Fringe writers wrote this odd Peter/Fauxlivia story line to appease the Peter/Olivia shippers.
    They will never really get Peter and Olivia together, they just gave them a fake version of what they wanted.
    The same thing happened on Bones with Booth and Brennan.
    The next series of episodes sound good.
    I'm looking forward to them.

Yeah, Anna Torv points out in an interview vid that the executive producers/writers gave the P/O fans what they wanted and yet didn't and she thought it was 'genious.'

Fox Broadcasting-Peter & Bolivia:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyNsUULfAH0