Thread: Pentagon tells 35,000 more to prepare to deploy

Post Pentagon tells 35,000 more to prepare to deploy

WASHINGTON The Pentagon has notified more than 35,000 Army soldiers to be prepared to deploy to Iraq beginning this fall, a move that would allow commanders to maintain the ongoing buildup of troops through the end of the year if needed.

Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman said Tuesday the deployment orders, which have been signed by Defense Secretary Robert Gates, do not mean that the military has made a decision to keep the increased level of 20 brigades in Iraq through December. A brigade is roughly 3,500 soldiers.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-w...us-iraq-troops
    MC

Re: Pentagon tells 35,000 more to prepare to deploy

Great!! Just what we need!! More deployments!!!

By the way, I love your avatar, minicooper!!
    "It's hard for your opponent to tell lies about you if your fist is in his mouth."

--Bill Clinton

With all these extended deployments, they are actually releasing my bf from his reserve service as of the end of August. Of course, his brother, the marine, is in Iraq for an extra 3 months. This administration has absolutely no idea what it is doing to our military. The long term effects of these extended and multiple tours of duty are going to be horrendous.

4. Re: Pentagon tells 35,000 more to prepare to deploy

Bush should be impeached. This is horrible. All he's doing is killing HIS people. Nothing is ever going to be resolved in all of this bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by carrie View Post
    With all these extended deployments, they are actually releasing my bf from his reserve service as of the end of August. Of course, his brother, the marine, is in Iraq for an extra 3 months. This administration has absolutely no idea what it is doing to our military. The long term effects of these extended and multiple tours of duty are going to be horrendous.
    And costly. WE won't just have SS to worry about- the strain on the VA will be disasterous. The costs for mental health care and treatment alone....for all these folks coming home with longterm emotional problems, will be staggering. Is anyone in this administration paying attention or planning for this?
    Something tells me no.
    Good news about your BF, carrie.