Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: $250.000.00 A Year Isn't Rich...RIGHT

Post $250.000.00 A Year Isn't Rich...RIGHT

This article sums up my feelings about people who are making cush salaries and whining that they are "just getting by".
    Right.

http://finance.yahoo.com/career-work...dont-feel-rich

Re: $250.000.00 A Year Isn't Rich...RIGHT

Perspectives, all perspectives.

Post Re: $250.000.00 A Year Isn't Rich...RIGHT

I don't think it's perspective.
    $250,000.00 a year is a million dollars every four years.
    That is rich.
    Pure and simple.

I do agree with you, I consider $250,000 rich too, it's their perspective on their "un-richness" that baffles me. I met a man once who paid more for his daughter to go to private high school than I earned in a year at that time. He found it hard to believe that anyone could earn so little, it wasn't that little. I guess once you climb over a certain threshold you can't see much else??!! I don't have an answer but their whining gets on my nerves too.

One more perspective point: I live out here by Los Angeles, one of the places in this country with a large amount of affluent people. The definition of a "stay at home mom" out here is that your husband earns enough money you don't have to work unless you want to. You have a maid and a nanny. You attend art classes or whatever catches your fancy. You never take care of your own children, you never cook, and you have never cleaned anything since you got married.

people like that family definitely don't get any sympathy from me.. they don't have to have all the stuff they have...

there are 2 points to be made though.. is their money better off being in their hands or a wasteful govt? even though this family is being wasteful, at least when they waste it somebody else is benefiting in the private sector..

also, a lot of these 250K families are employers.. the one mentioned in the article is not a smal business.. raising taxes on employers when there are so many out of work is economic suicide... and even many of the dems realize that and that is why the dem leaders chose not to vote on the issue... because they knew many of their own were going to side on economic common sense instead of the left winged status quoe.. funny how the left has time for steven colbert but not a crucial issue like this...

I will preface by saying I didn't read the article but I have a friend who makes around that a year. Husband is the single breadwinner, 4 kids, my friend stay's home (no maid, no nanny). After taxes its only about $162,000 take home. Mortgage, two cars both over 5 years old and 4 college savings accounts. They aren't crying poor, but they do watch their pennies. They don't take vacations, they don't eat out all the time, the kids have hand me downs. For a family that size it doesn't go as far as people would think.

$250,000.00 and above is the top income bracket in the US.
    98% of US households make less than that.

And by less than that I'm off to find the stats of people making $200k and $150K vs $75K.