Thread: GH NS- Another valentine to Jason?

Post GH NS- Another valentine to Jason?

I just finished watching the last episode of NS......and once again, Jason is the hero. Yawn. When does this start to resemble a cartoon? Don't get me wrong- I appreciate the actor...........and applaud him for being able to be so front and center in both shows. But just how many times are we expected to buy into the notion that wonderful Jason is always there, always a hero, always the one to walk away?
    I've got my own problems with this hero-worship of a character who is basically a lawless cold blooded murderer. For better or worse, GH seems to have invested themselves in this never-ending lauding and worship of the lawless and the violent. Are they trying to replicate the success of the Sopranos?
    Because they forget that, far from being heroes, the thugs on the Sopranos were not only violent and lawless, but sometimes exceedingly stupid and immoral- despite their popularity. It's all in the writing, the character developement.
    I've accepted that GH is going to make their most important and used characters mafia thugs. But can they please for once stop making Jason the all-around hero....and start putting some reality into his character?
    What does it say about all the female characters who apparently just can't resist his itchy trigger finger? Who melt at the sight of his cold, deadly stare, and who are unable to not immediately fall into "love" with him? Who are always amazingly "rescued" by Jason, usually just in the nick of time, and always with ever-lasting, dewey-eyed gratitude?
    Robin's reactions in the last episode of NS...when Jason predictable "rescued" her- were pathetic. This strong, educated, independent free-thinker is just like melted butter in the hands of a killer for hire? Right. The apologies, enabling and pathetic fawning over this man by most of the show's otherwise intelligent women is the most obnoxious thing to watch.
    Make Jason HUMAN. For once. Make him ACCOUNTABLE. For once. Make him REAL. For once.
    Is that too much to ask?
    End of rant.

Question Re: GH NS- Another valentine to Jason?

I agree with everything you said. I felt Night Shift was going to end up, worshipping Jason, and it did! Also, I am trying to figure out why Jason and Spinelli were on that show? Night Shift didn't need them!

GenTu/Marilyn

Post Re: GH NS- Another valentine to Jason?

Quote Originally Posted by GenTu View Post
    I agree with everything you said. I felt Night Shift was going to end up, worshipping Jason, and it did! Also, I am trying to figure out why Jason and Spinelli were on that show? Night Shift didn't need them!

GenTu/Marilyn
    Yeah, it's obvious why Jason was on it.........but apparently Spinneli was there only to give Jason a reason to be there! As if they needed a reason to put Jason front and center. LOL
    What I didn't get was- why did Jolene sleep with Spinelli......and why did she "take a bullet" for him?
    All in all- despite the tacky sex addiction story (which, let's face it, was just an excuse to show the actress jumping in the pants of eeryone she meets) and the Jason with a halo story- I did enjoy NS. I really liked the Toussaint SL. And I liked the quick pace of the show.
    Do you know if they are planning any more episodes?

Re: GH NS- Another valentine to Jason?

I did NOT want to get involved with NS thinking it would
    not be combined with GH and now that it is, its quite
    confusing to me and I am not a happy camper. ;-(

These "new boards" are super.