Thread: A Local shooting

Post A Local shooting

Well...three people are in the hospital and three people dead. A man who worked for the city of Alexandria (that's our closest big town...where my husband works..about 11 miles from where we live). He was distraught over a number of things..shot three people and they managed to get them to the hospital..and shot two in the building with him (a law office)..and held them hostage. This all started about 2:30 PM..just two blocks from where my husband works. Three were managed to be rushed to the hospital..two attorneys and one of their wives. The wife got shot in the leg, and the two attorneys (brothers I think) were in serious condition..but still alive. One held hostage was a mail carrier (one of my husbands fellow workers...my husband is a window clerk for the P.O.)....and I believe another attorney. About 12:30 last night....they shot the gunman and found the other two men dead in the building. So so tragic. The town is in shock and this man was normally well liked and mild mannered. Supposedly he was distraught over the recent death of hid daughter and troubled about his retirement benefits..etc. He retired from the city about 3 years ago. So so sad. This even made national news as I saw it on the Today show this morning too.

Re: A Local shooting

That's so sad. I hope all those people will find the strenght to make it through this difficult time. I don't know why so many people try to solve their problems with guns these days. It's just horrible.

Post Re: A Local shooting

gee, that is so sad. I hope everyone will recovery that was hurt. So awful....

I can't believe this Dragsy and right where you live too! Hope they keep this dude in jail forever! I'm so sorry to hear 3 of them are dead! Keep me posted ok? I'm praying for these families naturally that lost loved ones etc.

There was talk all over when I went to work, and then of course Terry heard a lot..since they lost a co worker..the mail carrier. He said Marty was liked by all. I never met the man..but heard nothing but good things. He left behind a wife and four children..please pray for his family. And for the other man that lost his life. I am sure he left family behind too. there are still three in the hospital. Haven't heard anything this evening..but I know two were critical. And for the shooter's family..this was such a shock to them.

Oh that is so awful! Well I'm praying for the families and all hope they get relief from their grief soon and all is back to normal for them. But for some reason doubt their lives will ever be normal again!

No...things won't ever be the same for these families..so so sad. Well...I got our bills paid today, and in the mail. Got that done and now tomorrow will be packing. Jill and I are are going up to the hospital soon to see the neighbor's daughter Danielle and her new baby girl. Her name is Kymbre (prounounced Kimber)..different huh? Mommy and baby are doing fine. I've known Danielle since she was 6 years old and now she's in her 20's and has a baby of her own! I've got a darn headache too..uggh. Hope it goes away soon.

Sorry you ended up with a headache! Those are no fun! Well my sister and I had a pretty neat day yesterday. We went out for lunch and saw my cousin's and aunt with my friend Kathy as well. So we were invited over to play games last night at my Aunt's house so we did. We had a blast! We also got a few groceries etc. yesterday too. Today we will go to church and also out to lunch with the family. Then I'll come home later on and take a nap. Then maybe in the evening we might go over and play American Idol Kareoke at my cousin's house after my friend Kathy gets off work! Well take care Phyllis I do hope you get all your packing done today etc. and have time to post a little as well as visit online. Also glad you got to see that baby! I'm sure it was cute! Take care!