Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: How the dems lied to the American People about obama care

Post Re: How the dems lied to the American People about obama care

hmmm... well the Okanagan is somewhat of a desert climate. Very hot in the summer... but in the winter its just cold. Vancouver and Victoria stay pretty warm year round. Living here has made me somewhat of a wuss for cold weather. We barely get any snow here, except up on the Mountains where it belongs. But its of course wet... rain rain rain in the winter, and then some more rain. If you're lucky, some fog and some wind...
    But who knows, with Global Warming and Climate Change, we could be a tropical paradise in another decade.

Quote Originally Posted by corker View Post
    hmmm... well the Okanagan is somewhat of a desert climate. Very hot in the summer... but in the winter its just cold. Vancouver and Victoria stay pretty warm year round. Living here has made me somewhat of a wuss for cold weather. We barely get any snow here, except up on the Mountains where it belongs. But its of course wet... rain rain rain in the winter, and then some more rain. If you're lucky, some fog and some wind...
    But who knows, with Global Warming and Climate Change, we could be a tropical paradise in another decade.
    Yes, I recall the elevation in the Okanogan Valley part where I lived to be about 970 feet and very much like high desert. It gets cold in the winter with some snow now and then, not too much or of course it would kill the fruit trees as they can not take a sustained cold snap. But there isn't much work in that area unless the vineyards have tasting rooms and have turned that into a tourist trade as like the Napa Valley up north in California has done.

Quote Originally Posted by GrannyG View Post
    Believe it or not the desert gets cold as can be at night. I live close enough to the coast and work about 5 miles from it. There is almost always an onshore breeze bringing in cold moisture. The water in our part of the Pacific never gets very warm, surfers wear body suits and wet suits to be out there. It's why we don't get hurricanes too. Inland, once you get past the Santa Monica mountains, it gets dry and the farther east you go you finally find the dry desert. But it does get extremely cold in the desert in the winter. Yucca Valley is a good example and it even snows there now and then. The perfect place to live here with an even and a moderate temperature is San Diego, but it's REAL expensive down that way.
    Yeah, I forgot about how cold the desert can get at night. I guess I waqs looking at it from my perspective of 115" of snow and below zero temperatures every winter where I am.
    Of course- we have lots of fresh water here... a commodity that will become very precious, I think, down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by reines View Post
    Yeah, I forgot about how cold the desert can get at night. I guess I waqs looking at it from my perspective of 115" of snow and below zero temperatures every winter where I am.
    Of course- we have lots of fresh water here... a commodity that will become very precious, I think, down the road.
    Yes, I was reading some years back that the next war could be over water. The reasoning being too many people on the planet and not enough good fresh water to go around.

Ahhh water. Canada has something like 20% of the worlds fresh water, and somewhere between 7% and 9% of the worlds renewable fresh water. We are very lucky. From time to time we have been under pressure from the states to pipe down fresh water, divert some of our rivers. But with the ever growing world population, even if we shared all our water, Its not going to be enough.
    I was told back in high school by my geography teacher, the best way to become rich would be to invent an economically viable way to desalinize ocean water. That water resources would become so tight in the next few decades, that for some countries, this would be the only means of supplying their water needs.

Unfortunately I never came up with a way but another young Canadian maybe on the right path. She invented a solar-powered desalinizer, I'm absolutely amazed by this kid.

http://www.innovationcanada.ca/en/ar...ter-everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by corker View Post
    Ahhh water. Canada has something like 20% of the worlds fresh water, and somewhere between 7% and 9% of the worlds renewable fresh water. We are very lucky. From time to time we have been under pressure from the states to pipe down fresh water, divert some of our rivers. But with the ever growing world population, even if we shared all our water, Its not going to be enough.
    I was told back in high school by my geography teacher, the best way to become rich would be to invent an economically viable way to desalinize ocean water. That water resources would become so tight in the next few decades, that for some countries, this would be the only means of supplying their water needs.

Unfortunately I never came up with a way but another young Canadian maybe on the right path. She invented a solar-powered desalinizer, I'm absolutely amazed by this kid.

http://www.innovationcanada.ca/en/ar...ter-everywhere
    WOW! You are right about her. You should start this as a new link!! Everyone needs to know about this. Maybe she can get some investors??!!

That's amazing, corker! I'm surprised that she doesn't have some funding by someone... or some govt!

This looks like something that Bill Gates or George Soros ought to get behind.

Quote Originally Posted by reines View Post
    That's amazing, corker! I'm surprised that she doesn't have some funding by someone... or some govt!

This looks like something that Bill Gates or George Soros ought to get behind.
    We can all hope!!