Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: How the dems lied to the American People about obama care

Post Re: How the dems lied to the American People about obama care

Funny how Bigeasy ran away from this thread when a Canadian came out to talk about the real situation there, eh?

Could it be because reality just doesn't line up with the lies and distortions constantly spread by the right on health care??

Quote Originally Posted by reines View Post
    Funny how Bigeasy ran away from this thread when a Canadian came out to talk about the real situation there, eh?

Could it be because reality just doesn't line up with the lies and distortions constantly spread by the right on health care??
    I think so! He has his cushy job and his cushy insurance so he doesn't care that anyone else does not. When his bank lays him off which could happen at any time as they have no loyalty to anyone any more, and he is thrown back into the real world, he'll see what the "little people" have to deal with. Once you are over 40 it's almost impossible to find a job, even flipping burgers!!

I've never heard any Canadian complain about their coverage except for a lengthy wait for anything that is not critical in nature. I lived right on the border for more than 10 years before coming south. Their auto insurance program is fantastic too!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrannyG View Post
    The bill ate up a huge chunk of his savings unfortunately but he, his family and others were waring Canadians to be sure they bought that "special" policy before leaving home.
    Most people I know will not travel to the States without buying added medical insurance. Many extended health care plans will cover medical expenses occurred in the USA, but most of them only up to the cost of the procedure in Canada. Often that is a fraction of the US cost, so essentially the coverage is useless. I've travelled to the States a couple times for extended stays in the past and always bought extra insurance from my travel agent.

Quote Originally Posted by corker View Post
    Most people I know will not travel to the States without buying added medical insurance. Many extended health care plans will cover medical expenses occurred in the USA, but most of them only up to the cost of the procedure in Canada. Often that is a fraction of the US cost, so essentially the coverage is useless. I've travelled to the States a couple times for extended stays in the past and always bought extra insurance from my travel agent.
    I can't say that I blame them, being gouged for your health care is ridiculous. But the for-profit model is the way it is here. In the olden days, LOL, we had not-for-profit health care and it was good. Then corporations saw a way to make a killing and they have been, but unfortunately the fatted calf is about to be slaughtered with job losses and less and less employers opting in. Is Canada looking for any immigrants???

Haha... Canada is always welcoming immigrants! Without immigration our population would be shrinking.

Quote Originally Posted by corker View Post
    Haha... Canada is always welcoming immigrants! Without immigration our population would be shrinking.
    Well, if you could move in a desert up there with a small lake nearby, I might want to become your next immigrant if this next election falls the way it looks like it might. Everyone is panicking because they are about to lose what they have and the Republicans have managed to convince them that they can fix it all with tax cuts!! Isn't that rich!! LOL I can't take the cold any more that's why the request for a desert with a small lake nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by GrannyG View Post
    Well, if you could move in a desert up there with a small lake nearby, I might want to become your next immigrant if this next election falls the way it looks like it might. Everyone is panicking because they are about to lose what they have and the Republicans have managed to convince them that they can fix it all with tax cuts!! Isn't that rich!! LOL I can't take the cold any more that's why the request for a desert with a small lake nearby.
    LOL... good luck finding a warm desert in Canada! Hey GrannyG- you live in California! How cold can it be there? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by reines View Post
    LOL... good luck finding a warm desert in Canada! Hey GrannyG- you live in California! How cold can it be there? LOL
    Believe it or not the desert gets cold as can be at night. I live close enough to the coast and work about 5 miles from it. There is almost always an onshore breeze bringing in cold moisture. The water in our part of the Pacific never gets very warm, surfers wear body suits and wet suits to be out there. It's why we don't get hurricanes too. Inland, once you get past the Santa Monica mountains, it gets dry and the farther east you go you finally find the dry desert. But it does get extremely cold in the desert in the winter. Yucca Valley is a good example and it even snows there now and then. The perfect place to live here with an even and a moderate temperature is San Diego, but it's REAL expensive down that way.