Thread: It's a rainy day!

Post It's a rainy day!

Good morning from a rainy Kansas. it is disgusting out there. It's warm and rainy. I feel like I am in the tropics. I am hoping that eventually it cools off this year. I am still running the ac in october.
    How are you all doing?

Post Re: It's a rainy day!

Hey CC and Everyone else too...
    Very cool here and we are supposed to get some rain today as well. The wind is blow'in like crazy! Got 21 jars of salsa made yesterday with more to do after I get to the store and pick up more supplies! Today or tonight rather I need to get into that gardenof mine and pick the remaining tomatoes and ge all the onions picked. Then once the nions are all cleaned up it is chopping time...then into the freezer they go! I have about 50 feet of onions planted to I enlisted a couple of my friends to help cut them up...whaaaaaa plenty of tears! lol
    Lets see....not much going on. Looking forward to Saturday as it is kelseys college homecoming and there is a huge parade and footbal game that night. I don't think we will go to the game but the parade is a must!
    Well gotta jet for now!
    TTYL
    Sheri

Hi racemom,
    That's gonna be a cry fest Lol . I know your salsa is very good. I got to taste it before. I planted onions too but they didn't grow. I think our dirt here is not right for it. It's hard to get carrots to grow too. I made some salsa too. I can't eat the store bought stuff because of the salt. I made some salt free salsa and it is really good. I don't even miss the salt anymore.
    have fun at the home coming.And don't forget to get enough kleenex for theonion cutting.
    Oh by the way did you ever have oninon cake? It's a specialty in the area in germany where I come from. It's a big thing in the fall there . if you want to i can send you a recipe.

Re: It's a rainy day!

Onion cake? Must be more like a bread huh? Interesting. Sheri..is it regular onions or green onions? Hey..how did Coffenut get salsa...and I didn't? Hmmm? LOL Enjoy the homecoming parade Saturday Sheri! Well..we are off to go bowling soon. I had a busy day today. Got my flu shot..then went browsing at this one store we have that has the most fantastic Christmas tree displays. They are awesome..sooo beautiful..decorated in every color combination imaginable! And they have all the ornaments..etc. for each tree. They are each set up with the colors..and all the decorations to buy around them. They all look like a display in a fancy store..but it's just a craft store here. I was proud of myself..I just browsed and didn't buy a thing today. But got ideas for later! Well..I'd better go, we leave here soon. I hope I bowl good tonight. Last week I did terrible! Bye for now!

Onion cake huh? You should post it, might be worth looking into.
    Thomas and I got everything out of the garden last night. and then stood in the garden for about 30 minutes longer...we decided to peel off the dirty onion skins so we didn't have to bring messy onions into the house! We only got about half way and gave up...there were a ton on onions and it was starting to cool off and I was cold!
    We harvested 10 gallons of tomatoes and 10 gallons on onions! Very imperssive. Now it will be more salsa time....
    Dragsy, CC got to taste my salsa a very long time ago when us girls at the Kk did a cookie exchange. It was so much fun! I snuck a jar of salsa in her box!
    Hey maybe the 4 of us might want to do a cookie exchange this year!??

Re: It's a rainy day!

Maybe when it cools off...I think coffenut and I are waiting for cooler temps..aren't we? Too warm to bake. I have my A/C running still too coffenut. So that's how she got some salsa!! LOL Smuggle them in with cookies..LOL

Hey I still ahve my air on too??
    Only set rather high cuz i can't open the windows around here due to the dust and my allergies!
    Dragsy...you never know I mught just send you a jar of my salsa!