Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread: UAgirl's fics--comments, update notifications, questions, etc.

Post Re: UAgirl's fics--comments, update notifications, questions, etc.

Day Three of Haunted is up!

Sorry so late, Bree.

Hope you and everyone else lurking and reading enjoy!

Shae

Re: UAgirl's fics--comments, update notifications, questions, etc.

Day Four of Haunted is up.

Enjoy!

Shae

Thumbs up Re: UAgirl's fics--comments, update notifications, questions, etc.

Hi Shae,
    It has been a long time but I am still reading . Between working full time, attending school full time, and life in general, there is little to no free time. I thought I would drop you a reply since I am off today and finished all of my assignments yesterday (the laundry can wait) and I think I owe you a big one since it has been so long since I last posted to you.
    Ok, why is this story is irritating me so much (but in a good way - lol)? So far Luis seems so cold, distant and detached and Sheridan seems so beaten down that she is wondering if things would have been better if her and Bella didn't survive?!?! Forget about Luis, what about Marty? Is she not thinking about what losing her and Bella would have done to him? I am begging for her to leave Luis' sorry ass cause I need my spirited, feisty Sheridan back. If she did leave I doubt we would see any reaction other than what appears to be indifference, especially towards Bella, from Luis, if he noticed at all. If it is something else he is feeling I am honestly not seeing it... yet. But I will reserve my total disgust for him until the story completely unfolds .
    I am sooo loving Gwen in this story (and still hating that Theresa). She comes off as such a straight shooting, no nonsense fighter with so much vulnerability and I love it! I always viewed Gwen as the underdog in the Gwen vs Theresa wars, as I considered the writing of JER very slanted towards T . I thought Gwen was a compelling character but was never given an opportunity to exist outside of the G/E/T triangle (one of the worst in daytime history IMO) and that damaged the character alot . I am loving her interaction with Kay and Reese. I oddly find myself liking Kay. She comes off as a bit of a pot stirring rebel, but with compassion, hiring Gwen in spite of the backlash that will come her way - good for her!
    Great story, as always, but I have to say you must have a fast and busy mind to have all of these stories in your head simultaneously. Looking forward to the next chapter of whatever you post.
    Take Care
    Tracey
    P.S. BTW, I am still waiting for the update/conclusion of the White Horses series (not so subtle hint).

Tracey!

You have no idea how tickled I was to see your post.

Oh, the good ole days of working full time, going to school full time, and pretty much stressing out full time (I think, even on those days where you're relaxing, you're stressing deep down, lol). I don't miss those, even though I was way, way more prolific. Talk about a jam-packed brain!

Laundry can always wait.

I'll take the irritating (in a good way) comment because that means I've given you feels about these characters and their story at this point in their lives has gotten underneath your skin. Now...if you simply didn't care...or were meh about it...another story altogether.

Keep reading. My hope is that you'll run the gamut on those emotions, girly.

Sure, Luis seems cold and detached right now, but I'm going to try to peel those layers back and uncover the oldnew Luis through the course of this tale. Let's just say he has his reasons, justified or not.

Sheridan is hovering over such an emotional low right now that she isn't thinking, because really, Marty is already in a tailspin with the state of his parents' relationship, and if he'd lost his mother or his baby sister...these two are headed to the brink. That feisty Sheridan still exists; she just has to find herself again. Whether that means leaving Luis's sorry ass as you put it (lol), remains to be seen.

Reserve that disgust, girl.

This story could have been called Shades of Grey, but I didn't want to confuse or disappoint peeps expecting something else with that title.

I always worry more how you guys are going to react to Gwen, because sometimes there's a lot of wish fulfillment on my part that bleeds through my writing of her character. She got so demonized on the show that I wanted to give her her proper due, you know? I love that her vulnerability is shining through. She's definitely not a bull*** er in this story, calls it like she sees it.

Excuse me while I do a fist pump over you liking Kay.

Okay, okay. I've regained my composure, hehe. Pot stirring rebel is definitely a good description for her here.

I don't know about fast mind, Tracey (it's slowed down considerably since my first tour of duty through college), but it's certainly busy.

LMAO!

I only wish it would let me rest, complete a few WIPs, before demanding that I listen to all the pretty, pretty plot bunnies running rampant in there.

If I have anything to say about it, there will be a continuation to the White Horse series. Someday.

I don't know if you saw my note a couple months back or not, but the PC with most of my stories on it got struck by lightning on a virtually cloudless day (seriously...I kid you not). So far, I haven't been able to spare the funds to even investigate if anything can be salvaged, and trust me when I say this, there were so many stories on there. Unposted stories, half-written chapters of a bunch of my older fics, outlines for some of the newer stuff--the whole UA bible if you will for The Story, my most plotty fic to date, ideas for how I'm going to proceed with the Luis and Sher saga in what seems to be your favorite series of stories.

Just typing all that depresses me all over again.

Anyway, that's one of the biggest reasons you're seeing more of these two new stories. Starting from scratch was simply easier than digging through old posted chapters on this website and FFnet to refresh my own memory (dude, I had no idea I'd written 69 stories for this show until I saw the number listed elsewhere--that's a lot to keep straight, lot of new angles to try to keep exploring).

Yeah.

So, enough of that.

Tracey, thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to post this wonderful, thoughtful piece of feedback.

Keep reading and take care.

Shae

Re: UAgirl's fics--comments, update notifications, questions, etc.

Day Five of Haunted is up.

Enjoy!

Shae

New story thread posted, Seven Devils.

A brief overview:

Title: Seven Devils
    Rating: PG for this prologue.
    Warnings: none for this chapter.
    Characters/Pairings: original character, Charity.
    Summary: Come find me, a child's voice sings.

Check it out.

Shae

Shaeee , I finally got some time of and its almost 1am here and just finished reading the installment of Haunted from Luis' P.O.V to Gilly and I applaud you, I was very excited for the long read and equally sad there was no more chapters after Gilly's( tears sniff)

What can I say, you already know I'm your number one FAN and this just blew my mind, I got teary and curious. My poor Sher Sher and all the sadness and brewing emotions. I wait patiently for Gilly to warm up to her cause they need each other.

I really do not like Luis' coldness and detachment towards Bella and I can't wait to read his reasons for this.
    I gotta say as much as I like ET, I'm not a big fan Theressa here but I loveee Gwen, only you can make the most hated character loveable. and the Gwen Kay parring?, even better and I pray your writing a longgg ass chapter as a Christmas present for me (wink wink)
    Thank you Shae for being such an excellent writer
    SHUIS and ET 4EVER

Chapter 1 posted in the Seven Devils thread.

A quick, very generic overview:

Title: Seven Devils, Chapter 1
    Rating: PG
    Warnings: slight language
    Characters/Pairings: Fancy, Marty, Maria, Endora, mentions of Jane, Little Ethan, Jonathan, Kay, Simone, mentions of Miguel, Reese and Samuel, Noah, Whitney, Luis, Theresa, Pilar, Ivy, original characters and more.
    Summary: Fancy's running late. So is Kay. Both of them have a lot on their minds. Noah finds himself pulled between his past and his future. Theresa bravely enters a new phase of her life, but it seems her past won't stay in the past. And don't forget the next generation.

Enjoy!

Shae