Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: UAgirl's fics--comments, update notifications, questions, etc.

Post Re: UAgirl's fics--comments, update notifications, questions, etc.

You think you were , Tracey.

You should have seen me writing that chapter.

LOL!

I almost scrapped the whole darn thing and didn't post it; I've always chickened out and pretty much been the fade to black girl.

Chapter 20 was kind of my warm-up to one of my other fics, an attempt to get all the jitters out, so to say. A confidence-builder.

How did I do?

Me too (standing outside the door, screaming silently for Luis to man up to his feelings). I'm glad someone else was as in the moment as I was, lol. Sometimes, I just get carried away, I guess.

I totally get what you're trying to say about not everything being said with words, and I'm so glad to hear/read that because it means I'm telling my story without just telling my story, if you get what I'm saying. I think maybe you do.

Thanks so much for the lovely feedback.

It seriously does inspire me. No kidding. I can look at the number of hits on a chapter and see that people are reading, but its when they point out what's working, even what isn't, that inspires me to continue, to keep trying to get better, even gives me new ideas.

Like I said earlier, don't worry about not having the time to reply all the time. Been there, done that. Gainful employment keeps me from writing as much as I'd like (sometimes I just like to let my imagination run wild, lol). I'm glad to keep you entertained in the midst of all that schoolwork.

Too cold for cold showers, now. But if you must...my job here has been done.

LOL!

Thanks so much for the wonderful feedback.

I look forward to the next time you are able to take a break. I always enjoy reading everyone's comments, and yours are no exception.

Hopefully, I'll have more (welcome) distraction up for you by the end of this weekend. If not, know I'm definitely shooting for next.

Shae

Re: UAgirl's fics--comments, update notifications, questions, etc.

Sorry I haven't been around lately - this puppy (almost 17 weeks) really doesn't give me much downtime to sit on the internet and read, let alone catch up to all I've missed!

I have to say that KaDee Strickland from Private Practice is probably the closest Abbie I think!

Will have to catch up on photos and stories and then comment again. Oh, I think Dr. Nick is a little bit lighter haired, def brown, but not dark. Kind of like Gabriel Aubrey - Halle Berry's ex? But with shorter hair. Will have to come up with some better ideas...
    The truth shall set you free, now if only someone would tell it!

Like I told Tracey already, I totally understand the no time thing, so don't worry about it. And I can that I've been there, done that with the new puppy too. Although my little girl is not so little anymore at 9ish months old, she's still a handful.

I keep coming back to KaDee Strickland as Abby, minus the Southern twang she has on PP, of course.

I'm with you on Nick having dark but not black hair, really I am. I just can't seem to find someone that really fits. In my mind, he's also more clean-shaven, lol, but at the place he's in at this point in time in Believe with Abby doing her best to shut him out (and really...he kinda deserves it right now), he's got a little scruff. He's not taking care of himself like he should right now because making things right with her is all that is on his mind (as it should be, hehe). So yeah...dark hair but not black. Definitely shorter too, but it seems like all the guys that even come a tiny bit close to looking a bit like the Dr. Nick I have in my head all have longer hair.

Sigh.

Even this guy.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3115025664/nm0376540

Same guy with shorter hair.

http://www.homebychristmas.com/home/martin-henderson/

I think I'm getting warmer, lol.

Anyway...don't worry about not getting to post as much. Sure, I miss reading your comments (everyone's really), but I really do understand.

Take care of that puppy and you and yours.

Talk to you later.

Shae

Chapter 21 of Pieces of My Heart posted in that thread.

Enjoy.

New thread posted, The Game of Love.

Check it out and read my author's note.

Enjoy!

Shae

New ficlet up in The Game of Love thread.

Quick overview:

Title: Heart on My Sleeve
    Rating: G
    Warnings: does fluff count?
    Characters/Pairings: Theresa/Fox, small mention of Theresa/Ethan, mentions of Little Ethan and Jane, original characters.
    Summary: prompt: heart. It’s silly really, when she thinks about it, the circumstances leading up to hers and Fox’s first kiss.

Read and enjoy!

New installment of Pieces is up in that thread.

Enjoy!

A brief overview:

Title: Before It Breaks
    Rating: somewhere between PG and PG-13, methinks
    Warnings: angst, some language, little bit of gore (I don’t think I’m that descriptive, but you be the judge), and character death
    Characters/Pairings: Sheridan/Luis, mentions of original characters, mentions of Jessica, Sam, Theresa, and Gwen
    Summary: prompt: blood. The next time Luis saw Sheridan, he did something bullets and blood hadn’t managed to do; he damn-near broke her completely with his false words.

Chapter 21 up in the Finding the Milky Way thread.

Enjoy!

Shae