Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 ... LastLast

Thread: UAgirl's fics--comments, update notifications, questions, etc.

Re: UAgirl's fics--comments, update notifications, questions, etc.

Lynne, Lynne, Lynne,

LOL!

That happens to me a lot. I think this board has eaten more of my long posts than any other.

Whisper is my darkest fic, no doubt about it, and I feel a little more freedom when I write it, if that makes any sense. Anyway, I pull no punches in this verse. In fact, the more dramatic the better, lol. Sometimes that's a good thing, something not so much.

Miguel's been lying to himself for years, hasn't he? It just took Matthew to bring it out into the open so he can torture himself with the fact, hehe.

Not gonna lie...writing Andrew's story is uber depressing. I've always written obstacles for Sheridan/Luis before, drama, etc., but their storyline in this fic makes me feel a wee bit guilty, because I torment them so much.

LOL!

Jeez, I shouldn't be laughing.

What did I tell ya? Guilty.

Ask anybody around here, and they will probably tell you hands down that Tessa is my weirdest kid ever. I'm strangely fascinated with writing her, though. You may be onto something with that theory. Keep reading to find out.

Thanks so much, Lynne.

I love that you enjoy this story enough to have theories about it. Totally makes me smile.

I'll try to put some more chapters up soon.

Maybe tomorrow?

We'll see.

Until then, keep reading (and hopefully, enjoying).

Shae

Post Re: UAgirl's fics--comments, update notifications, questions, etc.

Chapters 28, 29, and 30 are now posted in the Whisper thread.

Sorry for any typos, weird breaks in the sentences, etc. It seems the disc the story was on has been corrupted in some way and I'm having to pull the chapters from another (not so great) source. I didn't have time to do much more than skim over the chapters so if you notice any glaring mistakes (and I'm sure some slipped through--how can whole phrases just go missing?), please let me know.

I hope you can still enjoy the story.

Off to work on Believe again. My vacation is rapidly coming to an end, and just as I suspected, my goal of updating all of my stories was most definitely an impossible goal.

Oh well.

LOL!

I'm enjoying trying at least.

What can I say? Apparently, I work best under pressure and time constraints.

Shae

Talking Re: UAgirl's fics--comments, update notifications, questions, etc.

Oooo hhh!!!

Just read the latest in the Whisper thread...

How many more chapters are in that story Shae?? I am getting antsy!!! Oh the angst between Ethan and Theresa!

LOVE the Miguel/Kay flashbacks!!!

So nice to come home from a long, hard day at work and find a new post! Much love!! Until next time!!

Lynne
    The truth shall set you free, now if only someone would tell it!

Hey Lynne,

Glad you're still enjoying Whisper.

In case you can't tell, I'm a sucker for angst. Don't get me wrong. I also have a fondness for fluff, but I love angst (provided it ends semi-well).

There are 40+ chapters written so far with much more to go if I ever get my rear in gear and get more written. Problem is, I've pretty much completely changed my writing style since I wrote that story, and the story was pretty complicated, way dark, and had a lot going on. So it hasn't exactly been the easiest thing just to pick it back up. But I do still chip away at it from time to time.

But keep reading! I'll try not to post so far ahead that I run out of chapters before I manage to grind out another one.

Thanks so much for the lovely feedback!

Shae

Chapter 35 of Believe is up in that thread.

Enjoy!

Shae

New story posted in the UA Collection of One Shots thread.

A brief overview:

Title: And So It Goes (sequel to White Horse)
    Rating: PG, but only because there are allusions to a previous relationship between two people not married to each other (could that be worded any more awkwardly, lol)

Warnings: angst; otherwise, see above
    Characters/Pairings: Sheridan/Luis, Sheridan/other friendship, Luis/Fancy, background Theresa/Ethan, Pilar, mentions of Fox and Julian, Little Ethan, and Jane
    Word Count: 2,779
    Summary: For a brief time, they leave Harmony, she and Marty.

Enjoy!

Shae,
    Imagine my surprise and excitement when I saw that you had posted "And So It Goes"! I sooo love this story. I read it three times before I could post about it. I know this may sound hokey and corny but I swear that I am in some way right there feeling what the characters are feeling. Each part draws me in more and more. It is hard for me to describe how much I look forward to your stories (especially the Sheridan/Luis ones). I feel that through your stories we are getting all the stories, especially for Shuis, that should have been told on Passions and were not. If you cannot guess I still feel cheated by the ending and Shuis not ending up together (lol - you would think I would be over it by now). You are truly a gifted writer because I actually like Theresa and Ethan in your stories( )but loathed them both on Passions!

I am so glad that Sheridan is finally dealing with her grief and feelings in Whisper. I am embarassed to say that everytime she cried, I felt like crying, too . The Kay and Miguel situation has me curious and I am pleasantly shocked by the Ethan/ Whitney hook-up "arc". What a great bunch of intriguing messes to unravel. This story reminds me of old school soap operas - when I used to watch them with my grandmother - messy drama but oh so entertaining.

I cannot say this enough but I truly look forward to your stories. I hope that this small expression of my enjoyment of your writing inspires you to continue writing them.
    Look forward to your next post.
    Tracey (aka Kenwood)

Aww, Tracey, if you could only see me. I'm wearing the biggest .

Seriously, I've read your comment at least a dozen times already (and you thought 3 times was bad, lol), and it just makes me so happy.

Honey, if you think it's corny or hokey to really feel for the characters, well, then, go right ahead, because I want you to feel for the characters and what they are going through. What fun would a story be if you weren't invested/didn't care what happens?

Not much, in my opinion.

So, yes. Don't feel corny or hokey at all. Or do, lol.

You're too sweet to me.

I felt cheated with Sheridan/Luis not ending up together too, and I'd long since stopped watching. TPTB had such a good thing going for themselves: two beautiful, compelling characters with such history on the show who had wonderful chemistry (I still remember the Christmas Miracle and how entralled I was--and angry when I thought Sher had really died--the show was so good then). Too bad they didn't realize that. Passions might have lasted a little longer if they'd utilized their strengths, you know? Anyway, I'm glad to be giving you the stories we missed out on. I think that's part of the reason I'm still hanging around, writing, when I can't even tell you the last time I've seen Sheridan or Luis or any of the other Passions characters in live action for years (and I do mean years).

I thought Ethan and Theresa were cute from the beginning, and I could have gotten on board with them if Theresa hadn't become a little, uh, mentally unbalanced in her dogged pursuit of Ethan to the detriment of everything else in her life, her dreams, her family, her self-respect. I was always more of a fan of what-could-have-been with them, because they definitely had some chemistry going (just not enough to make me love them like Sheridan and Luis). I didn't like how their storyline made each of them come across in such a bad light. I'm not even sure that was the writers' intention, but it was how it played for me, and I just couldn't enjoy them on-screen. And I really wanted to. Funny thing was, I ended up being a fan of Gwen. Not really the Gwen we saw on the show (because she didn't come off smelling like a rose either; still--I did sympathize with her more often), but the Gwen she had the potential to be.

Anyway...enough of that.

Let's talk about Whisper.

It is most definitely a mess, but an enjoyable mess, I hope. I know there's a lot of angst, for Sher, Ethan and Theresa, pretty much everybody in that fic, and I don't know what I was thinking when I started that fic. Undoubtedly, I was in a dark mood. It was oddly cathartic writing that fic, lol. I hope to pick up with new chapters soon. Like you said, there are so many messy puzzles to sort out, and part of the fun is in untangling them. Rest assured, there will be angst-a-plenty, but I think a few rainbows might break out after the storm.

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. It truly does inspire me keep up with my writing. I think it speaks to my affection for the characters and the world they lived in that I keep revisiting them long after they're gone, don't you? There've been other fandoms, but none that I've ever felt the inclination to write fanfiction for and surely not post. Maybe someday.

Keep a lookout for new chapters and stories. I'm working on Anna Begins, Believe, The Story (although, I have to wonder if anyone is reading that one), A Mother for Emily, It Happened One Night, and more in what I like to call the Pretty Things/White Horse universe.

If there's any particular fic you'd like to see more of, let me know. I can't make promises, but I can tell you that your feedback about White Horse helped me get serious about both the prequel and the sequel that had been sitting on my hard drive for months.

Thanks so much again, Tracey.

Until next time,

Shae