Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 ... LastLast

Thread: UAgirl's fics--comments, update notifications, questions, etc.

Post Re: UAgirl's fics--comments, update notifications, questions, etc.

Plagiarism is not cool guys!

There, just had to get that off of my chest.

To the person out there who is passing my fics off as your own and plugging in the names of characters of your choice, shame on you!

My hope is you'll be a big enough person to stop and own up to your mistake after reading this message (I know you visit these boards, where else would you be able to get my newest stories?), but I've been preconditioned to accept disappointment, so I won't be holding my breath.

It takes time to write fiction, and the characters and history of the Passions characters do not belong to me (I never said they did), but the stories I have written about them are the property more or less of my own imagination, and I don't appreciate you basically stealing them from me.

Similarities are fine; they're bound to happen, you know? But these are not mere similarities, let me tell you. And as much time as it's taken me to write these stories over the years (my stress reliever from real life), it must have taken you even more time to go line through line of my fics and insert your own characters names in place of mine, tweak the circumstances in the fics just enough so your readers recognize the universe you're writing (ha!) in, and make sure you didn't leave behind evidence that your writing is not your own. And to pass it off as your own ideas that you've been working hard on? Well, I suppose you have been working hard, in a manner of speaking.

I'm a little angry, yeah, but I'm more disappointed that someone would do this. If you want to post something so bad, and you want to basically use my storylines (personally there are others out there, much better than mine, I'm sure, but I don't have time to read anything else so what do I know?), don't be sneaky about it. Ask me, credit me, but don't steal from me and tell lies.

I don't know. This makes me seriously reconsider posting my fics anywhere. There doesn't seem to be much interest anymore with Passions being off of the air, and I have so much else to occupy my limited freetime than patrolling these boards. I'll continue to write; I've written stories for as far back as I can remember. But this situation has left a bad taste in my mouth, and I don't know if it's worth actually posting them anymore.

Sigh.

Anyway, sorry to unload on you guys like that.

Rant over.

Shae

New chapter of The Story is up in that thread.

Rather than post this insanely long author's note before the new chapter, I chose to post it here instead. So...just a little bit of explanation and then you can head on over to the story.

You guys almost didn't get this chapter. In fact, I've been waffling back and forth for much of the week on the decision whether to stop posting my stories (all of them) altogether due to a few issues, two of them weighing more heavily than any others.

First of all, it was brought to my attention earlier this week that almost every story I've posted here at these boards had been plagiarized at another site. In some cases, the offender didn't even bother changing the story titles. This person, did, however, plug in the names of the characters of their choice and added a few details that were recognizable as pertaining to this whole other show to the unsuspecting people reading the fics. And proceeded to pass the finished product off as her/his(?) own. They even kept my typos! Grrr!!!

Then there's the fact that it doesn't seem like anyone's reading these boards anymore, which isn't really that hard to understand. Passions is long-over and people move on. Believe me, I get that. I understand that. It actually is a minor issue to me, seeing as I quit watching the show years before it actually went off the air. Still, I can't help feeling I'm posting these stories into some kind of black void, lol. And if nobody's enjoying them but me anymore...well, you get the picture. This actually wasn't that big of a deal to me, truthfully, until I found out about the multiple lazy acts of plagiarism, because I feel like all the posts have been good for lately is providing this person with new material to hijack.

All that said...I *do* still enjoy these boards, and I certainly enjoy writing (it's the best way I've found yet to let off steam where my day job's concerned). I've been writing silly little stories since I was five, and I'm well past that now, lol, and it doesn't look like I'll quit anytime soon. So, as long as I write, you guys are going to be subjected to the fruits of my labor *grins*, like it? or not?

So...bottom line is you're stuck with me. Unless you decide to tell me it's time to hang up my hat--and to do that, you'd have to post, lol, which very many of you are super reluctant to do these days.

Seriously, I hope you guys continue to enjoy the fics, even if you never say so, and I hope that you'll continue to help and let me know if you read a fic somewhere that sounds a little too familiar, if you know what I mean.

Re: UAgirl's fics--comments, update notifications, questions, etc.

Chapter 3 of The Story is up.

Brief overview of the chapter:

Title: The Story
    Rating: PG
    Warnings: some swearing
    Characters/Pairings: Grace/Hank, Beth & Evan, Luis-Sam-teens, Ethan/Gwen-Antonio-Sheridan-Pretty, Grace/Eve-Jessica-Paloma, squint to see it Theresa/Ethan (if you're wearing *those* kind of glasses, lol)
    Word Count: 5,823
    Summary (for chapter): But his inability to move on from the past, his frustrating short-sightedness beyond finding out what happened to his father fifteen long years ago, was the biggest roadblock to his own happiness.

Oh Shae!

You're still here!!

So am I!!

Haven't been on the boards in a while, but I am definitly still keeping up with the stories!

Can't wait to see how you round out the end of Believe series.

I will start your new series this weekend.

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving, and hopefully all of your plagarism problems clear up! Miss you and your updates girl!

Lynne
    The truth shall set you free, now if only someone would tell it!

Thanks Lynne!

Still working on Believe, but it's kind of taken a backseat to me finishing the latest chapter of Anna Begins.

Which I just posted! Yay me! It only took almost a year, lol.

Hope you had great holidays as well. Real life took a crazy turn on me, and I've been battling a lack of inspiration lately (again), but I'm muddling through it, and I think I'm finally making some headway.

Can't wait to read/hear what you think about my new series.

In the meantime, go check out Chapter 17 of Anna Begins.

Read it. Loved it.

What would happen if Sam and Grace somehow (awkwardly) ended up in bed together for a night of ? How would that scene play out the next morning?

Who's dark eyes were watching Sher and Hank - Luis? Pilar?

Good to see an update from you, and here's hoping that they come more frequently!!
    The truth shall set you free, now if only someone would tell it!

LOL at your little censored dude.

Hmm. That would be interesting, wouldn't it? You might find out sometime later down the road with this fic. As I said in my little author's note at the beginning of the chapter, my mind keeps drifting toward smutty (OMG! Not that it hasn't happened before...just not to this extent) thoughts, though most of them so far have tended to involve H/G and S/L.

Right on the first guess. Luis has Sher believing he doesn't want her as more than an ends to the means of keeping Anna, but his jealousy speaks otherwise, don't you think?

So, what did you think of Sher and Hank's little heart to heart? Is she purposely being obtuse or is she genuinely clueless to his feelings? I'm interested in finding out how that came across.

And I meant to have Julian/Grace have more interaction than they did, but Hope just seemed to take over the scene like she always does. Enjoyable for me, but I hope it's not a bad thing
    for you and the rest of the readers, hehe.

I hope updates come more frequently too so thanks for the wishes.

Wondering if I should post the next chapter of The Story or not. There just doesn't seem to be much interest for that fic. Well...if I decide to, it should be up by the weekend.

Until then, Lynne.

Shae

New Passions ficlet posted in UA one shots thread.

It falls into the category of Alphabet ficlets (OKDeanna's already done them much better, but don't let that stop you from checking it out) that I've been toying with when I've been blocked on my other fics.

Enjoy!

Title: Afraid
    Rating: I'm thinking G
    Warnings: None
    Characters/Pairings: Sheridan/Ethan friendship
    Word Count: 1,102 (including title)
    Summary: Harmony hardly felt like home to her, but Ethan was there

Working on next chapter of Believe. Hope to have it up soon. *fingers crossed*