Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread: UAgirl's fics--comments, update notifications, questions, etc.

Re: UAgirl's fics--comments, update notifications, questions, etc.

Even on my mini-vacation, I am still checking in regularly it seems, either in the morning before I head to the show, or when we get back in the evening ~ I guess I just can't get enough!

Quick question: Is Tell Me Why the first and Where the Heart is the sequel? Or the other way around...

I have read School Daze/So Called Life, but it was a while ago before the Believe series. I will have to reread. Still loving Anna Begins, haven't looked to see if there were new chapters since, again, the Believe Series. I think I will dive into Whisper soon.

I know it isn't easy to think about Whit and Simone, they never had a lot going for them on the show until recently, but I was just thinking of all the females currently in the Believe series. I always wondered on the show if Simone didn't have a thing for Miguel, (before she was lesbian). I was thinking Whit, but she is a few years older, not like that is strange these days.

Okay, I'll leave you alone about Hank for awhile, although I love his and Abby's brother-sister-like bond with a touch of flirting. Eek, that kind of sounds bad, doesn't it?

I know everyone in town knows Antonio, but I think it is great that Abby knows him as Tony. I was meaning, will/did Abby tell Shane that Tony is Antonio? Being Shane is in the pic with her and Tony. I didn't know if he'd pick up the connection.

I know you have it planned to reveal why Antonio left, so I won't but you about it now. But where did Abby come from? I know she was married before and "Tony" helped her when she needed him, but where were they? I know she became a physical therapist and came to Harmony through Luis's rehab, but where was she living before? (Trying to get a guess at how far away Antonio really was from Harmony I guess).

OKAY!! Done with the harrassing this morning. Breakfast time and then we're gonna hit the showfloor!

Talk later!
    Lynne

Am I getting the impression that Antonio is behind the break-in? Or it has something to do with Lissy's parents - well, her dad i guess - working for Crane?

Oh and another question - please tell me that when you write someone as being dead, they don't come back to life ten times. Talking Alistair here. Just checking!

Post Re: UAgirl's fics--comments, update notifications, questions, etc.

Tell Me Why is first in that particular series (man, I really need to stop doing series if I hope to finish up any fics any time soon).

School Daze is goofy, but it's meant to be that way. I had a lot of fun writing it, and maybe one day, I'll finish its sequel (refer to note above, lol) My So-Called Life.

Sorry for the long wait between new chapters of Anna Begins. I'm super busy studying (or attempting to in the middle of catching back up at work), and haven't had enough time to really jump back in with that fic.

Warning about Whisper: I'm not finished yet, but it takes more dark twists and turns later on that might not be pleasant to read about, but from what we've seen on the show, I think they're certainly plausible. And if they're not completely, I'll do my best to sell them.

You bring up an interesting point about Simone and Whitney. It's true; they never had a storyline that completely captivated me, either together or apart, when I think the potential was there. It was always there. And as for Simone and Miguel? Hmm. Interesting idea that, believe or not, I've already toyed around with (maybe you've noticed, lol) but haven't committed to yet. After all, I don't want to force anything. Let's just say I have plans for Miguel too. They're not written in stone, but they're there.

Don't feel bad for enjoying Hank and Abby's flirty brother-sister relationship (although...when it's written like that it looks...kind of...incestuous). It's actually what I'm going for with them, and sometimes I can't tell if it's coming across or not.

Shane knows something is up, but he's still in the dark about a few things that Abby hasn't opened up to him about. But trust me, lol, the truth will come out because some secrets just won't be kept.

Abby met Antonio in New York, but it wasn't the first or only place he'd been to since leaving Harmony (does that help? ).

Has anybody ever told you that you're very observant? LOL! That's all I'm going to say about that. Your questions will be answered (I want to say soon, but I can't make any promises right now) so keep reading.

Alistair's deader than dead so you don't have to worry about him coming back. But he set a lot of things into motion before he died, so I guess you can say, in a way, that he lives on.

How's that for you?

LOL!

Thanks so much, Lynne. I hope you continue to enjoy the story and reply. I'm always interested to read what you think about the latest goings-on.

Shae

Yeah, I kinda got the subtle hint at the Miguel/Simone (or was it Whitney) early on after Kay died. No, wait, that was Whitney and Nick..... It will be hard to write a new love for him because, in this story, he was really, truly in love with Kay and it is hard to forget the history. It will be interesting.

I love reading Abby/Hank, it is great. The perfect amount of flirtiness at the same time as the closeness of friendship you can rely on. And Gwen's take on this is hilarious, too.

Okay, Abby (and Shane?) are from New York. That answers that question. Here's another: How long has Antonio been gone? I don't think anyone said, but I am guessing Abby's been in Harmony now since right around Christian and the twins' birth....roughly 6 or so years. I would guess Abby met Antonio, oh what, 4 years before she came to Harmony? Would this be about right? Just trying to guess how long he's been gone.

Yes, I am pretty observant. I read ALOT. Usually romance fluff, but I love fanfics now that I found you!!

Flying home tomorrow, will be back in my comfort zone, with my own laptop, and I can dig into Whisper. Don't worry, I will keep a very open mind (remember, Theresa and Chad???, lol)

Thanks Shae!
    Lynne

LOL!

Real subtle, aren't I?

I'll just say that you aren't wrong about either one of them (Simone, Whitney). Neither are you wrong about how hard it will be to write a new love for Miguel. He's in a really tough, confusing place right now and really needs to tread carefully, but do you honestly think I'll let him?

Don't you love how secure Gwen is in her man's feelings for her in this fic? Nice change from the show, huh?

I've been kind of vague about how long Antonio has been gone, mostly because the show was kinda vague on it as well (and I started this series way, way back when), but in this story, he left Harmony not long after Martin disappeared so he's been gone a really long time. And about 10, 11, 12 years ago, he crossed paths with dear Abby, and by extension, Shane. So yeah...you're in the right place with your thoughts about how long ago Abby met him, at least in the ballpark.

Aww...thanks about the fanfic comment. You're sweet.

LOL about the open mind comment. Wait until you read the odd pairings in it. But please, don't let them deter you; I can't wait to read your thoughts on it, especially as it's about as far away from romantic fluff as you can get.

Thanks Lynne!

Shae

Okay, Martin and Antonio have been gone roughly 15 years or so, and now Martin is home. Good answer to my question.

I know Miguel will stumble into his new love, much like the way Abby and Nick have been bumbling around the same way. Migs and Abby are growing into a relationship that is similair to her relationship with Hank. She can lean on them both. (Big change from Gwen on the show! Much better!)

I am up to Ch 19 on Whisper. It is very different, kind of poltergeist-ish (and I haven't ever seen the movie). Migs and Charity's daughter is verrrry weird.

Kind of OT but not really: each story I read, I picture Eric Martsolf as Ethan, not Travis Schuldt. Molly as the original Charity, and Heidi as the current Kay. I love Dalton. And it really is fun to read your fanfic because I know it starts about 4-5 years ago Passions time, my favorite is your names for the Crane siblings, much more real than Pretty, Fancy, Fox, etc.

Have a few things to do at the shop quick tonight, but I wanted to hop on. Talk to you later Shae!

Glad you enjoy *my* Gwen.

LOL about your thoughts about Charity and Miguel's daughter in Whisper. Charity was always weird so I guess it comes naturally? Poltergeist-y is an apt description. I'll take that as a compliment.

Not really OT. Here's how I see them in my fics, mainly because of the time frame in which I started said fics:

Dalton as Hank in ALL of my stories
    Travis as Ethan in most (but really...over time, it's become more of a melding of Travis and Eric...weird)
    Molly as Charity (when I decide to actually write the character in)
    Liza as Gwen in all of my fics except for Whisper (Natalie was on then, and I really enjoyed her performance)
    TAM as Kay in my early fics (which would pretty much be all of them except for Anna Begins--interestingly, I think the Kay in that fic is a amalgamation of all 3 Kay's for me); but more and more, Heidi seems to popping into my head as I write, hehe)
    Don (1 N or 2?) as Chad in all of 'em
    Jade (?) as Jessica (I don't remember paying attention to her much when the original Jess was on)
    Lena as Simone (I thought she had more heart and appeal then)
    Jesse as Miguel (even though boy couldn't act his way out of a paper bag most of the time)
    Justin as Fox (on the rare occasion he appears in my fics)

*I* like my names for the Crane kids better too.

LOL! Aren't they ridiculous? I thought Fancy was bad, but Pretty takes the cake.

Talk to you later.

Off to put up some more chapters.

Shae

So I have read all of what is up for Whisper, and I have to say that for once, I am liking the Grace in this story. I kind of got bored and "ehh" with the old, sweet, doesn't-know-anyone-doens't-like-my-tomato-soup-cake Grace. This new take is amazing. Even though she is evil.
    Charity's kid freaks the hell out. And every other young one in the script apparently.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Ethan's affair with Whitney left Whitney with a bun in the oven. I also get the feeling that they will work things out, until the truth comes out about Whitney. In 9 months shall we say?

Okay, back to my favorite series. Can't wait for more new stuff on the Believe series, and it's been awhile for Anna Begins, right?
    Had to get my little prodding in, it's been awhile!!

Talk with you again soon!

Lynne