Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread: UAgirl's fics--comments, update notifications, questions, etc.

Re: UAgirl's fics--comments, update notifications, questions, etc.

Thank you!

I certainly have more fun writing the characters than watching them onscreen; I'll admit I stopped watching the show over 3 (maybe 4) years ago.

Nope. Ivy hasn't revealed Ethan as Sam's in this fic, and you know what? I'm still in the air about her ever doing it. Obviously, it's something she suspects/knows. You can chalk some of the storylines up to the fact that I started this series WAY back when. I think it was my 3rd or 4th story (Unforgettable), and I had so much fun with it, I couldn't quit writing.

Abby and Nick's roles just sort of grew and grew and grew. LOL! I'm glad you enjoy them. I was afraid I'd put off some of my readers with their addition, but they seem (overall) to be pretty well accepted, and I think you'll see in later chapters of Believe that their ties to the pre-existing families of Harmony will only strengthen.

Gwen and Hank are my other favorite couple (besides Abby/Nick) to write after Sheridan and Luis, and I can't see anybody else but Dalton playing Hank. I've wished a million times that he was back on the show. I guess it's true that you don't know what you're missing until it's gone.

Ethan and Beth are maybe the oddest couple in this story, but you know what? I've certainly read odder pairings. LOL! Neither one of them are the great loves of the others lives, but they're okay with that. They're with the people they need to be with at this time in their lives (jeez...I'm talking like they're real).

And Ivy and younger men just seem to go together to me like peanut butter and chocolate, hehe.

State boards I'm talking about are AL boards ((note the UA--from my first foray into academia, lol, but NOT the last, obviously).

A biz grad, huh?

Cool.

Thanks Lynne!

Lovin' your comments. Keep them coming.

Shae

Forget to add...

Chapter 7 of "It Happened One Night" has been posted.

It's another short one, but I hope you all enjoy!

Shae

Post Re: UAgirl's fics--comments, update notifications, questions, etc.

I have to say, although Ethan and Beth certainly aren't the great loves of each others lives in this series, I think a baby for them would be the true love of their lives, bringing them way closer and help them truly fall in love with each other.

I am finally seeing some of the ties of Abby and Antonio, that she and Tony were close when her ex was in jail/out-of-the-picture. I am interested to see what happened and what will happen when he reappears -- I am guessing he makes and apprearance for Theresa's upcoming nuptials.

Sorry I haven't been posting lately - getting ready for a business trip to Denver. Fun, fun! Just re-reading Believe now that I have the first 3 done, and have gotten back to chapter 14.

Again, I love it all. I might have to print this out one day so I can read it again in the future.

Thanks again for the great work Shae!!

Lynnie

This is for divinelyfine.

I love that you have so many questions.

LOL!

And no, that doesn't make me evil.

Some of the answers might not be so set in stone anymore--I only had notes jotted down here and there for the chapters (and I started the fic a long time ago), but I still have these certain images of the ending I wanted to have play out from time to time when I'm trying like heck to get over the writer's block that stalled that story way back when.

It's funny. Whisper was/is arguably the darkest fic I've ever attempted and still one of my favorites so I'm going to keep chipping away at it regardless.

Plus, just like you, I'm dying to find out what happens with Chad and Kay, Ivy (left her in a sticky place, didn't I? LOL), and Grace--man, WTH is up with her?

Keep rereading; I still do.

One day I'll shock the hell out of you and post a new chapter. Until then, I'm sure you'll only add to your questions with each new read-through.

Thanks, and sorry I didn't really answer anything; where would be the fun in that?

Shae

Did you say baby?

Mmm. I'll give that idea some thought, Lynne. You know they say things like these happen in 3's. Abby's already expecting a bundle of joy. Who else does that leave? Care to wager a bet?

Tony's reappearance in Harmony is pretty much inevitable at this point. I've been working up to it forever. LOL! I hope it doesn't disappoint.

Do I detect a little sarcasm on that second fun?

Seriously, enjoy your business trip (as much as you can). I should have some more chapters up for you to (maybe one day print) read by the time you get back.

Thanks Lynne.

Have a safe trip.

Shae

Yes, I spit out the word - baby

How can I place a bet with the author about who'd be the third pregnancy? That's kinda like betting with the odds stacked against you!! Who would make an interesting third...Abby, Beth, and.....Ivy? Can she still get pregnant at her age? Hmm...I don't think any more for Gwank or Shuis. I think it is too early for "good Catholic Theresa" and Katie and Noah aren't married yet....

Tony....I am still having a hard time calling him that, but I guess after Passions years as Antonio, and for awhile Brian, it's expected. I like the way Ivy found the first connection in a picture of Abby, Shane and Tony. And how Abby had no clue they were the same person until Ivy's investigation started. Is she going to tell Shane the connection?

Actually, packing for the trip is the hard part, but the trip itself isn't so bad. We get to learn cool new electronics stuff and new products, and at night we eat at awesome places and are staying at the Hyatt fancy-schmancy hotel. I might have forgotten to mention my boss is my boyfriend of 5-yrs, so it is great to have a mini-vacation - we normally work 6.5 days a week!

Actually - a crazy idea just popped in my head about 3rd pregnancy -- the night before Theresa's wedding to Chad, she and Ethan get drunk? A fanfic who's the daddy? Neh, I think I've had enough of that on the show. (Still gotta root for my main couple somehow!! )

We leave Tuesday afternoon - but I will check in at night.

Lynnie

Shae,

Just read your new chapters of Believe. I think the break with Migs and Abby was written very well - a very hard thing to write, but I loved the added humor of him kissing her!

I'm still hoping that pregnant woman #3 this go round isn't Sheridan. I just can't imagine Pilar with one more grandkid!

Who haven't we seen in a while....Whitney or Simone, and I know where Chad and Theresa are.

Question for ya: Sheridan and Luis moved out of their first house when they added on to the family. Gwen and Hank moved in. Wouldn't that house be getting a bit small for their family of three and a dog? I would love to see them go through some sort of homebuilding process, or Ethan and Beth to move in to their old house (Sher/Luis, then Gwank, then EBeth) what a great story for them ~ a house with history.
    That or are Abby and Nick going to need more space than a 2-bedroom apartment?

Can't wait to read about Tony coming home. Is he bringing anyone with him? We also need Miguel to fall flat-out in love again. Does Tony bring her with him?

Tomorrow the trade show starts, so I had some time to kill this afternoon, and what a great way to do it~!

Thanks again for the great reading!

Lynne

LOL!

Well, I have to drum up interest somehow. Even if a few bets are involved. And really...your guess is as good as mine. Actually, I've got a plan, an ever-evolving plan, but a plan nonetheless.

Tony's just what Abby calls Antonio in my head. Hehe. Are you asking about Abby telling Shane the connection or Ivy telling Shane? Or someone else altogether?

It's all right to always root for your main couple somehow. I haven't watched the show in over 3, 4 years now, but I still root for Sheridan and Luis (through these fanfics) even though a quick run-through of the boards tells me present day Sheridan is NOT the Sheridan I fell in love with along with Luis in the very beginning.

If you want to read Ethan/Theresa in my fics, I've got a few where they're featured. Sometimes I poke a little fun at them (everybody gets made fun of in School Daze and My So-Called Life) and sometimes I torture them (Whisper), but they do make appearances now and then.

You might want to check out the following:

School Daze and its sequel My So-Called Life (but only if you got a good sense of humor--not that this is LOL funny, but no one's safe in this fic, except maybe Kay because she's doing most of the making fun).

Where the Heart Is--I admit this one has more of a Gwen slant to it as of right now, largely due to the place I was in when I started writing it in regards to my feelings about Theresa's character; if that doesn't turn you completely off of it, I have some E/T scenes planned for later in the fic though they'll still be marginal characters compared to Sheridan and Luis; P.S. this one is actually a sequel too--Tell Me Why has no Ethan/Theresa scenes to speak of that I remember.

Anna Begins will continue to feature Ethan and Theresa, mainly in flashback scenes. If you've read just the prologue, you understand why.

Whisper has plenty of Ethan/Theresa, everybody else angst. LOL! It's my dark fic that I've been writing/chipping away at for years. You'll notice--if you decide to take a look at this fic--that I like to try my hand at odd couplings from time to time. Sometimes it works; sometimes I'm the only one not going WTH?!

And finally, the most Ethan/Theresa-centric fic I've ever tried to write (at this moment anyway--it will end up featuring more Sher/Luis before it's over with I'm sure, lol)...It Happened One Night. Not much angst here. Not yet anyway. Not too many chapters yet, either. Perfect for jumping right in if you accept the challenge.

That's all I got. If you decide to check any of them out, I'd love to read your thoughts just as I've really enjoyed our interactions so far.

And now, to actually get back on topic, I'm glad you thought the Abby/Migs break was well written. Thank you.

Sadly, I tend to neglect Whitney and Simone in my fics. It's not intentional, and I do actually like (at least the potential in) both characters. But I don't do enough with them. They're still hanging around Harmony, just floating off-canvas right now. Hehe. I actually have more planned for Whitney, in particular, for later chapters--and beyond if I ever finish this installment; may not be a popular move, but it's one I've toyed with for a while now so we'll see.

Answer: I'm getting there, and quit reading my mind! LOL! No, seriously. The idea's been there all along; I've just been slow getting there. In the beginning I posted a chapter of Unforgettable a day it seemed. Hank needs something to do anyway.

Give Miguel a little time is all I'm saying. You'll see what happens when he tries to move on before he's really ready soon enough (well...I'm writing this so it might not be too soon).

Enjoy your mini-vacation.

Shae