Thread: Ghost Tours

Post Ghost Tours

With Halloween approaching this is prime ghost tour season. So have you ever been on one. Where was it and how was it? Are their any locally to where you live?

I've been on a ghost tour in Tulsa. It's held by PITT (Paranormal Investigation Team of Tulsa), we went to many locations, in a trolley. It was pretty cool, we checked out the Brady theatre, Cains Ballroom, Tulsa Little Theatre, Gillcrease mansion, Tulsa and other locations. This year they have started a second tour that goes different locations than their first tour. So on the 19th I'm going on that tour. Which should be fun. There is another tour I'd like to go on in Fort Scott KS, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to go since it just runs for 2 weeks. One of these days I'd like to go up to Atchison KS which is reported to be the most haunted city in the US. But I know they usually sell out pretty fast, and that's a 3 hour drive. I wouldn't want to drive home after that.

Re: Ghost Tours

Oooo, I LOVE ghost tours! I had the pleasure and opportunity to go on one in York, England. It was AMAZING. The tour guide dressed all in black, gloves and umbrella included and was creepy enough on her own. We toured the entire city and it was by far one of my favorite spooky experiences. There's a lot of ghost stories in a city that was riddled with the plague.

My favorite one however, which I later in life saw on a tv show, was one about a building that was built a few feet over an old Roman road. People have had sightings of roman soldiers walking through the basement but only from the knee up since the road is below the building. Very cool!
    I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    RYPEPPER.COM
    Daughter of Annie and Mike

Wow, I forgot about that one! I was remembering the one you went on in NC. Maybe that wasn't a Ghost Tour. The thing with the weird hill?
    Only an expert can deal with the problem

I went to the craft fair downtown today and saw a hotel had a sign doing a Ghost and Brewery tour (they have a microbrewery in the basement and sell the beer at their bar and 2 restaurants). So I'm going to see about checking that out some time soon.

Post Re: Ghost Tours

Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    With Halloween approaching this is prime ghost tour season. So have you ever been on one. Where was it and how was it? Are their any locally to where you live?

I've been on a ghost tour in Tulsa. It's held by PITT (Paranormal Investigation Team of Tulsa), we went to many locations, in a trolley. It was pretty cool, we checked out the Brady theatre, Cains Ballroom, Tulsa Little Theatre, Gillcrease mansion, Tulsa and other locations. This year they have started a second tour that goes different locations than their first tour. So on the 19th I'm going on that tour. Which should be fun. There is another tour I'd like to go on in Fort Scott KS, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to go since it just runs for 2 weeks. One of these days I'd like to go up to Atchison KS which is reported to be the most haunted city in the US. But I know they usually sell out pretty fast, and that's a 3 hour drive. I wouldn't want to drive home after that.
    I've been on 2 ghost tours. My Girl Scout troop went up to Gettysburg Thanksgiving weekend in '04. Saturday night, we went on a ghost tour.
    A couple years ago, my family went to a supposedly haunted restuarent in Baltimore City.
    There are several ghost tours in my area.

I went on 2 tours here in Kansas this weekend. The first was in Iola KS and the second in Fort Scott. I wasn't thrilled with either. The First tour seemed more for amusement than anything. They even had people in costumes at different locations to 'scare' the trolley riders. I think I laughed through most of it.
    The second tour was a dissapointment. The city is very old and the home of the first national cemetary in the US. The description said it would talk about the Fort, the national cemetary and old homes. It didn't. We saw lots of emptyness. Empty 'haunted' field, empty haunted fairgrounds, empty haunted park. Only 2 buildings were even discussed, one the 'haunting' seemed like it was on the grounds from an old hanging, and the other was part of the fort which I don't think we could even see the building we were hearing the most stories about. We never left the trolly, and frankly I was very dissapointed.

I'm driving to a mansion Tuesday to take their haunted tour. I'm hoping it will be more promising than the last 2 tours. At least it won't include wooden seats and a bumpy ride to empty fields.