Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: April 22

Hybrid View

Post April 22

Had a wisdom tooth pulled today with no complications. The dentist numbed me really good..and it went smoothly and quickly. Only thing is my mouth will probably stay numb for a while and my mouth is full of gauze..LOL. I kept getting it filled..filling would fall out but recently part of the tooth came out too. So time to yank it out! I was getting nervous..but it went ok.

Post Re: April 22

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmom View Post
    Had a wisdom tooth pulled today with no complications. The dentist numbed me really good..and it went smoothly and quickly. Only thing is my mouth will probably stay numb for a while and my mouth is full of gauze..LOL. I kept getting it filled..filling would fall out but recently part of the tooth came out too. So time to yank it out! I was getting nervous..but it went ok.

Glad it went OK I need to go to see a dentist but I am so afraid of dentists I hate going wish I could find one that is gentle etc. and uses better methods you know? Well take care and hope your mouth is feeling better!

Re: April 22

I have a really good dentist. He never hurts me. I just get all nervous beforehand, dont know why. For instance today..it was just the thought of the pressure I might feel when he pulled my tooth..but he was so fast..and my mouth was so numb, I didn't really feel much. Even when he gives me shots..he numbs it real good first...with something on a swab. And once that novacaine kicks in, you don't feel much. Just glad I got it over. It's doing ok this evening. A bit tender...I'm just being careful not to chew on that side. tomorrow I can gargle with warm salt water, that helps the healing. But have to wait 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmom View Post
    I have a really good dentist. He never hurts me. I just get all nervous beforehand, dont know why. For instance today..it was just the thought of the pressure I might feel when he pulled my tooth..but he was so fast..and my mouth was so numb, I didn't really feel much. Even when he gives me shots..he numbs it real good first...with something on a swab. And once that novacaine kicks in, you don't feel much. Just glad I got it over. It's doing ok this evening. A bit tender...I'm just being careful not to chew on that side. tomorrow I can gargle with warm salt water, that helps the healing. But have to wait 24 hours.
    Wow that is wonderful he is so good. The last one I went to was anything but gentle and took him three or four shots just to numb me to pull the tooth. So needles to say I won't even think about going back to him. Hope I can find one soon. I really need to see one and I do have insurance. So I might as well. Take care!

Ugh, I hate going to the dentist and they always have to give me 3 or 4 shots because it never gets numb. I'm such a "baby" Glad to know everything went OK dragonmom.
    Today is my Birthday and we are driving to Ohio to visit friends and celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Passionatic View Post
    Ugh, I hate going to the dentist and they always have to give me 3 or 4 shots because it never gets numb. I'm such a "baby" Glad to know everything went OK dragonmom.
    Today is my Birthday and we are driving to Ohio to visit friends and celebrate.
    Hope you had a nice day on your Birthday Passionatic I am going to see if I can get the day off for mine. I hope you had a lovely time visiting your friends!

We just got home, had a wonderful time seeing old friends from High school and college. It was a terribly rainy weekend, the weather did not cooperate...we went to the Ohio State Spring Football game and got wet, but it was fun cheering on the Buckeyes

Re: April 22

Go Buckeyes! My husband is from Ohio..what part did you go to? and Happy Belated B'day..sorry I'm late in reading this. I have had so much going on..I can't seem to catch up! Hope you had a wonderful b'day..sounds like you did..despite the rain. BTW...the hole in my mouth is healing just fine.