Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: so whose lying? those who support the new law or those who oppose?

Post Re: so whose lying? those who support the new law or those who oppose?

But we aren't "exceptional" Bigeasy... not anymore. We're falling down, down, down in so many of the categories used to judge a country's health care and general health and longevity. We don't rate first in any impartial rating of health care that I've seen.

Yes- we spend billions on the latest procedures and treatments... but increasingly those are only for the people who can afford them.

If we were smart we'd take the best from all the different systems throughout the world and match that to our own and come up with a health care plan that truly would be "exceptional."

Right now- we're not there.

Re: so whose lying? those who support the new law or those who oppose?

we're falling down because our God given freedoms are being eroded by the statists... the further we stray from the founder's intent, the closer we get to euro weeny ville..

the goal of the statists is to set up a system where the possessions of the minority, can be confiscated to spread to the majority for votes...

Ben Franklin warned against this and other things associated with a democracy... individual freedom and the rule of law are trashed by the left in exchange for govt expansion and power

Tell me one way your life is different today than it was when Bush was in office. (Other than having less federal taxes to pay )
    Seriously... I keep hearing Tea Partiers and Republicans talk about wanting their country back. Huh? From whom? How is your country any different today than it was last month... or last year?

The Supreme Court has interpreted law for over sixty years that the federal govt. does have the right to trump state law. That's settled law. We aren't going back to Colonial days. We just aren't.

Re: so whose lying? those who support the new law or those who oppose?

the bill is coming due and we will collapse if we don't fix it.. do you not care about the country's future? we are concerned about our children's future.. the dem party today represents generational theft.. we will not have a strong country if the statists keep us on this collision course... what happened to greece?..hmmm?

we WILL survive if we get back to the original intent of state's rights.. you are about to see it unfold hopefully real soon in the courts...

When does the bill come due for the two wars Bush put on the national credit card? You know- the two wars we just can't get out of? Or the tax cuts for the wealthy- when does the bill come due for those?

82% of our deficit is directly from Bush's time in office. Where was all this fearful concern back then?

I don't believe it Bigeasy. I just don't believe that Republicans can a fig about being in debt. Not the Republican party we have today!

Because if they did... we wouldn't be in this mess.

The way to get control of our spending is to address our biggest problems. But Republicans stand in the way of any of that. Our present path of health care was unsustainable. What didn't you guys understand about that? Reform was necessary. Even if it costs us more initially- it will hopefully save money down the road.