Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: so whose lying? those who support the new law or those who oppose?

Re: so whose lying? those who support the new law or those who oppose?

(from Big Easy) forcing insurance companies to take people with pre-existing conditions is a takeover...

As soon as you are born, you have a pre-existing condition. Hello, it's just fact.

I am going to do some research about the law signed by...I believe it was that Evil Richard Nixon that allowed health care to move into the for-profit sector. I heard a small blurb sometime back and have not researched it. I wouldn't be shocked to find out that some Republican decided that we needed to move Health Care out of non-profit satus to for-profit. I'll share what I find out.

Post Re: so whose lying? those who support the new law or those who oppose?

try googling this: "back in the day when doctors worked for free and insurance cost nothing and you could wait to buy it when you needed it"...

that should get you started...

Bigeasy we can't live in the past... we've got to move forward.

you missed the point...read granny's post first then my response

My point was "you are born, now you are going to die." You have a pre-existing condition. WE ALL HAVE A PRE-EXISTING CONDITION. Good grief, someone was denied because they had acne!! What the???

Doctors don't "work for free" in any other developed country that has national health care- in fact, they do quite well.

Bigeasy can you tell me why it is that the United States can't manage to ensure that all it's citizens have health care coverage... something that EVERY OTHER developed country can? Does that make any sense to you?

Because it sure doesn't to me. And I don't think our country can remain strong and free when so many are sick and dying as a result.

I heard someone on a talk show say that the real reason the Tea Partiers and others are so against health care reform is because they think it's an entitlement that will be given to those who don't deserve it.

But that's just nonsense. Reform will help you and me and GrannyG and Cats and everyone else who works hard and plays by the rules and yet is a victim of what we have now.

I'll make it personal... because it is for me! Why should I... at a time when I'm fighting for my life... live in fear that my insurance company will find some arcane reason to stop my coverage? Or cap my coverage just when I need treatment the most? Or refuse to pay for the best medication available?

My husband and I have paid probably millions into that insurance company over the years. Why should they hold all the cards now that we need them? And multiply me by millions of people across this country. Is that fair?

Nobody wants anything for free. This isn't about entitlements. Nobody wants to take anything away from you or anyone else. This is about being humane and fair... and allowing the people of this country to have what every other developed country has. We used to have better. We used to set the standard for things.

What on earth has happened??

when someone has to pay more because someone else has been determined by the govt to not have enough money to pay the full amount, that is getting something free...

and it comes nowhere close to even smelling the constitution...

and these programs whose founders titled them after "compassion" have proven to be a disaster based on their bottom line results...

38 trillion in unfundated mandates... ridiculous govt union pensions destroying our states and country.. the break up of neighborhood schools in the name of "integration" only to create suburbs and inner city slums...filled with welfare hotels, drugs and violence...

our financial foundation is crumbling before our present eyes.. it's time to fight for our future.. the people that can pull us out of this are not going to invest their money into the private sector when they are contantly under attack from a white house filled with left winged radicals who've never met a payroll.. never run a business... all they know is that those who pay the nation's bills are the villains..

govt doesn't produce one red cent of wealth creation.. they can only scavenge... too bad the left can't jump on the endangered species band wagon of the fading American employer...

Quote Originally Posted by big easy View Post

our financial foundation is crumbling before our present eyes.. it's time to fight for our future.. the people that can pull us out of this are not going to invest their money into the private sector when they are contantly under attack from a white house filled with left winged radicals who've never met a payroll.. never run a business... all they know is that those who pay the nation's bills are the villains..

Um... yeah, let's fill the White House with someone who's ran businesses... like George W. Bush. How'd that work out for us again?