Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: so whose lying? those who support the new law or those who oppose?

Post Re: so whose lying? those who support the new law or those who oppose?

I'm not happy about this bill... but not because I think it's going to bankrupt us or is some communist plot by Obama. I think it doesn't go far enough. We should have single-payer and get the private insuance companies off our backs and out of our lives, IMO.

But I realize that OBama probably couldn't have gotten that through right now. I'm hoping that we will eventually end up there. This is just the start.

Bigeasy, I think it was important to get some kind of reform going... even if it isn't perfect. The reality is that to eventually save money- we've got to spend money right now. The answer isn't to just sit back and do nothing. We tried letting private markets rule it all- and they've failed completely. Just how bad do things have to get before you guys admit that our present system is highly dysfunctional? You may think it isn't- just because so far it's working for you. But just wait until you NEED that coverage!

The reality remains that insurance companies will no longer be able to deny coverage because of pre-existing conditions. Do you want to repeal that Bigeasy? They can't put a limit on your coverage when you have a serious illness. Do you want to repeal that? It closes the infamous "donut hole" that hits the elderly who need the most medication- you really want to repeal that?

I'm saying before you pronounce doom and gloom... let's see what happens in a few years. Every other developed country somehow manages to provide their citizens with health care coverage- and they aren't bankrupt! Are you seriously saying that the United States can't do even a watered down version of health care reform without life ending as we know it?

There is no way it will not bankrupt our treasury... in some definition, we are already bankrupt...

we've allowed an institution that has bankrupted us to the tune of 38 trillion so far with medicare, medicaid and soc sec along with other unfunded social mandates...

they lied every time they introduced these montrocities... especially to the states that will not be able to sustain the medicare obligations...

and we let them do it again?..this time taking over 1/6th of the economy?

What do you mean "taking over"? Taking over what? Because this bill mandates that people get insurance- through all the PRIVATE insurance companies! How is that "taking over" anything?

Looks to me like it's only a huge GIFT to all the private insurance companies... which is why they were on board with this health care reform from the beginning!

How is it "taking over" the industry when it's only a mandate for private companies to compete for even MORE business? I don't get it.

As for the bankrupting... remember Bigeasy, that's been said before. Thins can turn around quickly once and if the economy really gets going again.

Bill Clinton managed to balance the budget a few decades ago even when we were deep in the red. How can you be so sure that it's not possible again? I guess you don't have much faith in our capitalistic system, eh? LOL

forcing insurance companies to take people with pre-existing conditions is a takeover... there is no guarantee at this point as to whether or not the un-constitutional aspect of the bill that forces individuals to purchase it will offset those costs... the likelihood of insurance companies being able to survive is slim... but like you and the dems have said reines, this is just the baby step... towards the ultimate goal of the single payer...

when you dictate insurance rates and programs and dictate the prices of the providers, that is a take over..

a few years of us taking in more revenue than we spend does not even come close to solving the horror story that awaits us.. clinton campaigned against a balanced budget amendment but newt and the contract with America ran a tight fiscal ship... a few years of us taking in more than we spent fell into clinton's lap... whoopty do...

this has nothing to do with our over all debt and the unfunded mandates the statists have implemented that will bring us down...

38 trillion in unfunded left winged "social justice" programs... $450,000 on every household...

this lousy group of statists just voted for more... and all they are doing is taxing the employers more that will cost jobs, higher wages and make all of us pay more for our stuff... doing nothing but creating an environment where more and more are dependent on the opiate of the welfare state... which of course is the democratic platform

Re: so whose lying? those who support the new law or those who oppose?

Single payer, single payer, single payer. It'll save the rest of us who don't have employer based coverage.

screw the country's future, just give me more of my neighbor's money to pay for my stuff and let's worry about that fiscal responsibility business next year... after the elections though of course...

we're like an abused housewife... keeps taking her aloholic husband back time and time again...thinking this time it will be better...

Single Payer, Single Payer, Single Payer.

Just practicing, because if you say something enough times Republicans will begin to believe in it.

Um, I don't think regulating the insurance industry is a "takeover", Bigeasy. That's an exaggeration, isn't it?

I'm not sure why you think that we shouldn't regulate them... unless it's all about that ideological belief that free markets are Holy and any regulation is bad.

If you were a victim of these abuses I think you might have a change of heart though.

Why do you think the insurance industry got behind this reform early on? Because they saw huge dollar signs in that mandate to have insurance! And their stocks certainly didn't suffer on Wall Street... did they?

Give it a chance... before you pronounce doom and gloom.