Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: so whose lying? those who support the new law or those who oppose?

Post so whose lying? those who support the new law or those who oppose?

if this article is correct, then it is quite clear... and it comes with footnotes to authenicate the facts...

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Rep...s-of-Obamacare

Post Re: so whose lying? those who support the new law or those who oppose?

The print is so small I can't read it with my glasses on.

I'm waiting to see what it will mean to ME. Lots of "theories" out there about how it's going to work. Kinda nerve wracking to say the least. Husband and I don't have any coverage and hope we can make it until Social Security kicks in. Unless there is something in the ObamaCare that will work for us.

not to trivialize your predicament with your health insurance plight but there are other important aspects of this law...

we don't seem to care anymore about the future of our Country or the rule of law spelled out in the Constitution.

the federal nanny state that was fostered by politicians seeking only political power and the expansion of the institution they worked for is the reason we are declining as a financial superpower... once we lose that edge, the military superiority will dwain as well...

it is documented fact that the welfare entitlement programs provided to us by those "progressively minded" democrats have us staring at a 38 trillion dollar unfunded mandate..

in 2008 the comptroller general said "Imagine we decide to put aside and invest today enough to cover these promises tomorrow. It would take approximately $455,000 per Amercian household or $175,000 per every man, woman and child in the United States of America"

how's that compassion for the individual? whose going to pay for it? do we think the bill will float away and no collector will be making any phone calls?

the dems outright lied to the American public about the cost of this montrocity... if you listen to smart economic minds, you will start to understand how this is going to kill us soon... that is this, coupled with what the statists have been doing the last 70 years...

66% of our federal outlays go towards democratic nanny state programs.. they are the thieving cock roaches of our once great empire... and the cock roaches complain about the 23% going towards National Defense while fighting 2 wars... what ingrateful parasites...

one half of the country paying no federal income taxes at all while 10% pays 85% of them and that's justification for the statists to complain about the unfairness of it all...

go figure...

so please understand, I'm not trying to underscore individual situations such as yours, but there is a country we must consider as well.. and decisions as big as this should be analyzed based on past experiences and they don't bode well at all...

what were the promises made by FDR with soc sec compared to what actually happened and what is currently happening with the "Holy Grail" of politics? how many other governments in world history whose over ambition and exansion led to the once great nation's demise? when will we learn that free trade throughout our private sector has always been the difference maker that separated ourselves from the rest of the world? why are we gravitating towards that euro model of decline?

I will gladly make a sacrifice for my children's future...it's not always about ME...

Well, right now it is about ME for a change because I'm getting old, but not old enough to qualify for Medicare. So I do worry and worry all the time. My kids are young and healthy and have medical coverage. I was priced out by the Insurance Cartel because I am old. My husband has BPH, he's a pre-existing, can't get coverage unless you rob a bank every month.

I do care, but you know what, if those Republicans would have done it right instead of insisting that their "Free Market" would take care of itself, we wouldn't be in the pickle we are in. Free Markets don't work and never will. You HAVE to regulate else every one gets robbed by the greedy. It won't work and never will. WE NEED BIGGER GOVERNMENT, not smaller.

And I don't like the feel of what's coming with ObamaCare as far as I can tell, and I don't think it will be of any help to my own situation, and I sure don't want my grandchildren's grandchildren paying for it either. It's a mess, should have gone with the Single Payer from the get go and given the Insurance Cartel the heave-ho. But they couldn't because they are owned by the cartel and the NRA. Two of the evilest entities in this country.

Yup, I'm a liberal Democrat.

free markets don't work and never will? we need bigger govt not smaller? do you realize how Lenin/Stalinesque that sounds? ever thought about the damage medicare, medicaid, trillions in law suit abuse, and other govt regulations have done to the free market? all these govt created "promises" to the needy have created the mess we are in..not free markets...

funny how greed is never mentioned when the left pilfers more and more possessions and wealth from the actual creators of the said wealth but when the creators of the wealth want only to keep more of what is legally theirs, well that is just plain greed according to the left...

so if 38 trillion dollar unfunded left winged social programs don't bother you and you don't care to read up and understand what it means to the future of our country, then yep... you are a democrat

Happy Easter

Re: so whose lying? those who support the new law or those who oppose?

Personally, I believe in a flat tax. No matter if you are just a person or a corporation. Fair is fair. And not everyone has someone who will take care of them as you Republicans seem to think. I know plenty of people who are the only child of an only child with NO FAMILY to take them in. Are we supposed to let them die in the gutter?? Where is your Republican religion?? We are ALL God's children and we all take care of each other?? HUH?? Maybe you are an atheist?

I didn't know the Republicans had adopted an official Religion... if so, please fill me in...

Rejecting failed govt programs that have only harmed those who were supposed to have been helped does not go against my religion. The Founding Fathers were Christians and put together a rule of law that forbade the govt to go as far as it has gone. Our inability to resist the opiate of the welfare state will always win out eventually in a democracy. Any economist will tell you we are on a path of unsustainability with what the govt has done to our country. Even the current administration has admitted it yet continues to grow the size of govt and put us on a course 4 times faster to that eventual head on with the train. That's why me and so many others today question the president's concern for the country's future.

Going against the rule of law and catering to only the demands of the greedy masses is why we will fail as a nation. Once democracy allows the populace to be able to vote their way into the pockets of another will signal the end of the republic according to what Ben Franklin said.

Re: so whose lying? those who support the new law or those who oppose?

I don't think Republicans have an "official religion" but all I have ever known are total bible thumpers and usually Born Again Christians who want to shove their religion down everyone's throat. I don't need their religion.

You must be one of those who think that we can survive with no government. Sure, like that would actually work. Greed being what it is and sex offenders running amok, sure we don't need any government. No cops, no fire department, no one maintaining roads. No one protecting little old ladies from predatory lenders. Gee, why not just chuck it all and we can all go out there on our own. All of the possibilities for extortion. Sounds like a real plan, eh??

Every political regime spends money they way they want to, or the way their owners want them to. All politicians are owned by one or more lobby groups, that's why ObamaCare turned into the mess it did. The Insurance Cartel owns almost everyone in congress (not owned by the NRA), and the politicians have to tow the line for the most part. It's not a good way to do things, but blaming one person for the acts of lobby groups is unreasonable. And the whack jobs at the Supreme Court opening up the lobby groups to come in from any part of the world and spend freely, we are all doomed. I'm kinda hoping the the Mayan prophecy of the end of the world in 2012 is true and we won't have to suffer for much longer. Because we have become a world who operates on greed. Money means it all.

The Bush 2 regime spent all they could on 2 wars, 2 illegal wars. I'm still hoping to see all of the Bushies on trial for war crimes one of these days. But that's what his lobby groups wanted. War is profitable for the providers of the goods an Army needs. Lots of big bucks to be made. And they all have and are still making a fortune off of them. It's sick and disgusting.