throwing bricks at
    Democratic headquarters

ROCHESTER The brick-throwing vandalism at the
    Monroe County Democratic Committee is consistent
    with actions called for by a group with roots in
    Alabama.

A blogger from Pinson, Ala., has encouraged his
    readers to break windows at Democratic
    headquarters across the country as a show of opposition to health care reform

The blogger, Mike Vanderboegh, contacted the
    Democrat and Chronicle after the newspaper on
    Sunday published a Web story about the vandalism
    at the committee University Avenue headquarters,
    which happened Saturday or Sunday.

"Well, it seems New Yorkers continue to put the rest of you Sons of Liberty to shame," the blog reads in a
    post dated Monday, with news reports of the
    Rochester vandalism.
    The brick had a note attached, which read
    "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice," credited
    to Barry Goldwater, said Democratic Committee
    spokesman Sean Hart.

On Friday, the blog, Sipsey Street Irregulars,
    encouraged its readers to "Break their windows.
    Break them now."

"Yet, if we do a thorough job of breaking Democrat
    windows, I am sure that the GOP will profit from the
    example," the blog reads. "So, if you wish to send a
    message that Pelosi and her party cannot fail to
    hear, break their windows."

The windows at the Niagara Falls office of Rep.
    Louise Slaughter, D-Fairport, were broken on
    ]Friday.

The blog claims windows were broken in other
    cities but does not have news media reports of such
    action.

Re: "Break their windows. Break them now"

How bizarre! Asking people to commit crimes? Breaking windows must be at minumum a misdemeanor. And the childishness of it all.

Post Re: "Break their windows. Break them now"

Oh but GrannyG- they are fighting againt tyranny! Just ask them! LOL

Even though not one of them can name one thing Barack Obama or Democrats in Congress have done that's either tyrannical or illegal!

But never let reality or facts get in the way of a good fear and smear campaign, eh? Good grief!

This is just downright scary! And what kind of example does this set for the younger generation? That its OK to respond with violence and anger when things dont go your way?!

No kidding! What or where is the tyranny? I guess I have been out of the loop on this vacation or someone has been taking their stupid pills regularly in Alabama. It's beyond my comprehension...completely.

Republican members of Congress standing there with the "Don't tread on Me" flag. The flag that came about during the time the US was fighting for independance from England. What the heck! This was so uncalled for and stupid!

Mary Fallen, from OK, was one of them. A few years ago I, my fam, was invited to attend the second inaugration of Gov Frank Keating and Fallen was the the Lt. Gov. I stood there and shook her hand saying I'd vote for her if she ran for Gov or what ever other office.

EATING MY WORDS NOW. She's lost out on our votes...not that it makes any difference in a die hard RED state like Oklahoma is now.

Stupid and reckless. I heard Barney Frank talking about how Republican members of Congress were cheering on those folks in the gallery who were out of control! Yes, the people who were so out of control that they were fighting with the guards who tried to remove them... were actually cheered on by members of Congress on the House floor!

I think Republicans really need to take responsibility for encouraging and stoking the kinds of violent acting out that we are seeing right now. How proud they must be.

And when some member of Congress or the president gets killed or injured by some nutcase acting out in their behalf- will they still stand in public and cheer?

There's a big gathering of nutcases near Washington on April 19th... which is a very Holy day for all the militia members and other assorted nutcases who think the federal govt. is the enemy. It's the date of Waco and also the date of Timothy McVeigh's act of aggression in Oklahoma. These people are being encouraged to come and proudly wear their guns as close as they can legally get to Washington! I'm not sure what this is supposed to accomplish- other than stoking the fires of violence and aggression. It's really insane.

Goodness sakes! I didn't that a "holiday" of sorts had been created because or the whackos at Waco or that Timothy Mac Veigh was considered some hero. Maybe they need to move to Texas where they can rewrite the history on that too.

Egging on bad behavior by Congress members is unthinkable. They should be setting examples not behaving that way. Whack Jobs don't need incentives.