I don't quite know what to say about this movie. "Where the Wild Things Are" is one of my favorite books ever. But I was TERRIFIED about how the movie would come across on screen. I think Spike Jonze was the right choice of directors for the film and yet I was scared about how it would play ...

After watching the film, I really have nothing to say about it. And I think that is one of the worst things you can say about a movie. The effects were great ... Jonze mixed practical and digital effects to create a fantasy world that seems real. You can imagine touching the creatures, feeling them, and interacting with them. The plot of the movie covered the basics ... angry kid, fantasy world, homecoming. But there was no emotional connection. The movie spent an hour and a half trying to create what the book did in about 100 words.

I didn't hate it. I didn't love it. In the end, I watched for 90 minutes and don't regret it, but I can't really recommend it either. I think I am going to go to the book store tomorrow and read the book so I can recapture the memories I want of Max and his adventures!