Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Merry Christmas Eve...

Post Re: Merry Christmas Eve...

Passion I always leave my Christmas tree and decorations up till after January 6.That way we enjoy it longer and by that time I am so sick of it I'll be glad to take it down.Lol Growing up my mom always left everything up till after Epiphany too. Sometimes she left it up until after January 13 which was my sister's Birthday Lol.

Yes, as kids Mother would always leave everything up until Epiphany which is usually Jan 6. My late Mother's birthday was Jan 13...I'll be thinking about her on that day.
    January always makes me a bit sad...rather a let down after the excitement and anticipation of the holidays.

Jan 6 is our son's b'day actually... and so I might just leave it up till then too...even though he's far away in NYC.

Re: Merry Christmas Eve...

I know what you mean about Jan being kinda sad. Gets you nostalgic...thinking of the past year. But then again...get hopeful about some things..hoping for better in some areas..etc.

I know what you mean I decided NOT to make any resolutions this year, because I'm always upset with myself when I cant keep them. The hubby and daughters were all traveling last night, so I spent New Years Eve watching TV with the cat Its cold cold here!

Happy 2010 sorry I wasn't on here to post but been busy with work and also dog sitting this weekend. Sounds like you ladies are all planning on keeping your tree's up tell mid January? Reminds me of Canada where they leave the lights on etc. and sometimes Christmas decorations for their annual Winter fest. Oh by the way did you know in Ottawa, ON. The Readeau Canal is the longest Ice Skating rink in the world? Just a little trivia for you. I never got to skate on it while I was there, but always wanted to! Any ways I get nestalgic for winter type things this time of the year. And just think we only have 3 more months of winter! Hard to believe isn't it? Then spring so looking forward to it and also have hopes of accomplishing some goals for this year. I don't call them resolutions. Because then they become disolutions! LOL Well take care ladies!