Thread: What Issues are Moms Having These Days?

Post What Issues are Moms Having These Days?

Hi Moms,
    Granny G here and interested in what issues moms are facing these days. My baby is 33 years old now with kids of her own and it would be interesting to see how things have progressed or not...in the past 33 years.

Re: What Issues are Moms Having These Days?

Hi GrannyG, My baby will be 22 this feb. A big issues we are facing is she wants to spend nights away from home at her boyfriend's apartment. My husband is not happy at all about the situation. I can see both sides she will be 22, she's always been a good kid, she will finish college in May, and she works. I can also see my husbands side, his motto is... you live here you sleep here. So that's the big issue in our house.

Post Re: What Issues are Moms Having These Days?

Oh, boy! That's a tough one. You teach kids that rules are rules, even when they are 22 years old. My baby left the nest and was out on her own at 18, she didn't want to go to college, she wanted to have babies. You can't stop them but you can pray a lot!! All worked out well for her and that was a real relief to me.

Post Re: What Issues are Moms Having These Days?

It is very hard to handle, what is wrong with the teens today. Seems it is easy to be living with his boyfriend in one roof. As a parent I could also feel what your husband does. She is really out of control and getting to my nerve. Preferably there are ways to control her emotional attachment to his boyfriend and I could suggest is with a boarding school or residential treatment to over come her behavior and help her to realize reality.

Fhaye Jones
    Turning Winds

I'd say the problem is whether your daughter pays the rent. Times are tough and I understand she might want to live with you for the time being; but if she pays her share of the rent or contributes to food budget, she should be allowed to sleep whenever she wants. If she's still your daughter, she's your daughter!

Quote Originally Posted by boo1 View Post
    Hi GrannyG, My baby will be 22 this feb. A big issues we are facing is she wants to spend nights away from home at her boyfriend's apartment. My husband is not happy at all about the situation. I can see both sides she will be 22, she's always been a good kid, she will finish college in May, and she works. I can also see my husbands side, his motto is... you live here you sleep here. So that's the big issue in our house.
    same rules in our house, if you live here, you sleep here. Why can't they just follow the rules? why can't they understand that we are doing it for their own good?

I guess kids' awareness about sex. Kids between 7-10 yo should not be talking about sex and even teenagers should not be having sex. What do you think would be the best solution for this issue?