Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Christmas is almost here!

Post Christmas is almost here!

Hello everyone! Our son came in for an early Christmas visit. Got here Dec. 12..but had to leave today Dec 17. As matter of fact, I haven't been back from the airport too long. Sure hated to see him leave. Loved having him here. It was a short visit..but quality time with him. I cry everytime he leaves..but I try not to do it in front of him.
    Got all my gift shopping done. Have most of it wrapped but a few things yet to do. Everyone ready for Christmas?

Post Re: Christmas is almost here!

Hi... awww...I know how you feel. Our oldest daughter is flying in from Texas on Tuesday, we will be so happy to see her. She will spend a week with us I, too, always cry at the airport...I try not to, I dont want to upset her, but I do. We finally got all our presents to FedEx, since all the family lives out of state...that was worrying me...ever year I worry about getting family gifts mailed. Now, I need to start wrapping gifts for the daughters and the hubby. We are supposed to have some snow this weekend, I hope so, I like to have a "White Christmas"...all the best to you and your Family!

Re: Christmas is almost here!

Enjoy your visit with your oldest daughter. I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one that boo hoo's saying goodbyes. Our children are always our babies..always hard to say goodbye. glad you got your stuff mailed off, and enjoy your Christmas! Where do you live again...said you wanted a white Christmas. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!

Yes, my girls are still my "little girls" to me, even tho they are both in their 20's. We live in Indiana, so when our daughter moved to Texas, I was like "WHY are you moving SO FAR away?!" But, she loves her job and loves living in Austin. I'm just glad when she has a chance to come home.

I am not nearly done! I got my cookies and fudge made. I still have some shopping do do and cleaning. Luckily our kids are still coming home for christmas,plus the grandkids . So I love that! On the other hand my family in Germany is having a family reunion for christmas. I would love to be there,but a trip to Germany is not in the budget.
    Dragonmom I am sorry Patrick couldn't stay for christmas,but it is so sweet of him to make sure he still visits when he can. He always sounds like such a sweet boy. I know he is a man but we moms still call them boys.Lol

Re: Christmas is almost here!

Yeah..coffenut, he'll always be my "boy"..my "baby". We do see him 2-3 times a year..and of course there's phone calls and emails..so we keep in touch. It's still tough to see him leave. Passionatic..I have a cousin that lives in Austin. Coffenut..enjoy the kids and grandkids..and Passion..enjoy your family too!

Well I'm behind still. Have Christmas cards to send out yet, and also get some wrapping of presents done. I think I've got all my shopping done. Can't afford to much this year with medical bills, rent going up and also no raise at work. But I'm making due. Any ways. I was a scrooge yesterday. But today I am a wee bit better. Perhaps it due to the fact we have help that can't get their act together at all and my boss is making me do most of the training etc. so not an easy Holiday for me this year. Be glad when it's over I swear! Take care Dragsy hope you get caught up but glad you got to see Patrick.

Coffenut hope all is well etc. and you get everything done!

Passionatic hope all goes well for you too this holiday season. I'm just hanging in there by a thread this year!

I am almost done lol. House is spic and span from top to bottom,tree is up, cookies are all done. I gotta get a couple little things and I will be ready!
    Have a great day ladies!