Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Dems and obama out to destroy even MORE jobs

Post Re: Dems and obama out to destroy even MORE jobs

no sir..if everything you say is true about the transition from an older plane to a newer one that is more fuel efficient and requires less personell, then that is a bottom line money saver for the stock holders and I can assure you that no govt intervention is neccessary on those types of decisions...

again, you are trying to compare decisions made internally by the companies versus a company being FORCED out of businss by the govt based on junk science...lost jobs, more welfare lines, and higher energy prices that further retard economic growth... inovation has always had it's critics.. a new machine is invented that enables a job to be done by 2 people that once required 10... life goes on and in the end mankind progresses...

if nobody wants to work in a coal mine, then why is govt opression and draconian measures needed to shut things down? I would be willing to bet they make twice what someone at walmart makes too by the way.. it happens to be tough work that pays quite well with union benefits and nice health care packages...

you can draw all these examples about different situations all day long but what matters is the opinions of those in the area who are without jobs.. this decision hurts the economy and makes others pay more for energy... and the decision is based on junk science..

No, a "Passenger Bill Of Rights" (Which is essentially what was passed a few days ago) is something pushed through by Congress, and are measures that the airlines will more than likely find it harder to make a profit over, and may force some airlines to either downsize or shut down due to government action. Especially since we are talking about delays caused by severe weather. Essentially once an aircraft reaches the 3-hour point, the airline has two decisions, wait for a gate that probably doesn't exist because the gates are full, and have to cancel the flight because the flight crew is illegal to fly the plane again due to rest restrictions, or face fines of $127,000 PER PASSENGER!
    Can you imagine this being a 747 full of people?
    You don't call that oppressive or draconian to the airlines and those who work there since they could lose thier jobs over this?

Still, people out of work will tend to have Walmart higher up on the list than a coal mine.
    I thought you hated unions.

my bad.. I missed that.. I was referring to your comments regarding the updating of aircraft..

as far as the passenger bill of rights is concerned, I'm not sure what impact it will have financially or how many jobs will be eliminated by it.. the measure was not intended to harm or shut down any businesses though..

and the one obama shut down was intended to just that and it's based on junk science from dishonest scientists

no I don't really like modern day unions.. they are destructive but these coal miners are a member of them and I'm sure they make much more than your average person in retail...

no..what obama did in appalatchia does not compare to the passenger bill of rights

Re: Dems and obama out to destroy even MORE jobs

The point I'm trying to make is that I have serious doubts that people involved in other industries (including retail, I just used that as an example) that have recently lost thier jobs are going to have coal mining as thier top picks of jobs to apply for. Certainly someone from California (for example) wouldn't pack up and move all the way to Appalacia just to mine coal.

I seriously do believe that jobs will be impacted by the recent government rules and fines over extended taxiway waits.

Quote Originally Posted by big easy View Post
    what gives you are anyone the right to jump inbetween an agreement beteween an employer and someone looking for a job? ... until a cleaner and cheaper version of energy can be proven effective, what ground do you have to stand on?

the disdain for individual liberty and freedom never ceases to amaze me from the left

Oh, to the contrary, millions of green jobs are in reach for the taking. Wind, solar, natural gas and other nouveau types of energy, which involve renewable or plentiful energy sources.

The only thing holding all back are those individuals and elected officials who either can't get past the past or are beholden to oil and coal corps for campaign monies.

Compare this to the horse and buggy days. How many back then voiced concerns that those new fangled engines could ever replace more modern modes of transportation?

What if they were the voices that squelched all back then? We'd all be thinking about the hay forcast...lol.

Coal and oil production will someday be a thing of the past.

As an example, mining corporations even in this country, have long been known for putting safety measures at not a 100%. It's about production and profit at the expense of the everyday worker. In those communties where coal mining is the only option for good paying jobs...it's not a slam against them...more so, it a tragic offshoot where it's ok to use poor people in poor regions to do dangerous work when there are few other options available to them.

Re: Dems and obama out to destroy even MORE jobs

again... the point I'm making is the free market not making the decisions but junk science forcing bs down their throats...

for every green created in spain, 2.1 have been lost because of it...

so yes...especially after all these e mails showing how bogus these parasitic scientists are, I will continue to say as the left so eloquently put it during the shakedown of the tobacco industry...

QUESTION IT...

Global warming is NOT "junk science"! This is part of the problem (and a growing part) today... and the main reason why we just can't progress in this country... because if we can't even agree on what REALITY is, we're really in deep doggie-doo!

Deutsche Bank just did a study of the results in Germany of their conversion to solar energy and wind energy and concluded that they added 300,000 jobs. That would be 1.2 million if the U.S. had done the same! And that's just in solar and wind production.
    This lie that addressing global warming will destroy jobs... or capitalism, is just a LIE. A very BIG LIE.
    And the real pity is that the rest of the world is going forward, to lead the way and profit from new technologies... while our country is stuck in the past and falling behind more everyday.
    And all because we've substituted lies for reality.