Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Dems and obama out to destroy even MORE jobs

Re: Dems and obama out to destroy even MORE jobs

BE- I don't think those in welfare lines really want to work in a coal mine either.
    Additionally, the coal mines could simply freeze hiring and reduce its numbers by attrittion rather than layoffs. 500 isn't that much.

And of course there are those farms in California. If these farms are hiring illegals then, very few legal residents or citizens of the United States are losing thier jobs over this.

Post Re: Dems and obama out to destroy even MORE jobs

So, you think our future is in coal burning, Bigeasy? Really??

Dinosaurs... there's a reason why they're extinct. You dinosaurs need to at least get out of the way if you really can't see beyond the obsolete ways of the past.
    Why, I'll just bet that you'd be shaking a finger over all the jobs lost by the buggy makers years ago, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by jolau View Post
    BE- I don't think those in welfare lines really want to work in a coal mine either.
    Additionally, the coal mines could simply freeze hiring and reduce its numbers by attrittion rather than layoffs. 500 isn't that much.

And of course there are those farms in California. If these farms are hiring illegals then, very few legal residents or citizens of the United States are losing thier jobs over this.
    Ha! I don't think Bigeasy really cares about coal miners losing their jobs... no more than his party does.
    Because they have an ideological position against environmentalism or specifically, global warming solutions... they must keep trying to find things to justify these dinosaur mindsets.
    In a time when so many Americans are so concerned over job prospects- this is as good an item as anything else to try to obstruct any progress.

There is very little choice in working in the coal mines...there are no other jobs and the education system in those areas is pretty poor.

Exactly, Carrie. Many of the regions where coal mining is ongoing is because it's the biggest paycheck in the area of the most povery stricken areas in the US. Generations see their kids going back to the mines, cause they are are good paying jobs... but, also where are some of the worst environments to work in the US.

Anyone think this is a good place for their kids or family member to work? Then why aren't people all around the country lining up to send their kids to coal mining school?

Actually, I heard from an old college professor that once they graduate from high school, often thier parents get them jobs at the coal mines or somehow encouraged to get a job there. I think part of it is because they nor thier parents can afford college.

Yes, but the point is that we can do better! Coal is the energy of the past. It's time to move on.

Some of BE's points were that people in unemployment/welfare lines want to work in coal mines, or that people in coal mines had a choice to work there or not. I'm surprised he hasn't said anything about the farms in CA being shut down.