Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Dems and obama out to destroy even MORE jobs

Post Dems and obama out to destroy even MORE jobs

500 coal miner jobs in the poorest part of the country taken away by obama... (remember during the campaign, a speach surfaced showing him saying he was going to shut them down? and how he denied it?)... people said it didn't matter... what say you now west virginia, ohio and PA?... how do you like your change now?... do you have any left?

farms and jobs killed by obama in calif due to water being more important to some salmon... how you like your change now dumbasses?

and this one will be the real killer if the dumbasses in the senate vote for it... businesses that have always acted right are now going to have to put tons of capital in reserves instead of investing it for business expansion and job creation...

nothing but more political power for the statists... it is a job killer plain and simple..

when can we start a "jobs killed" report?

great, great common sense short article..

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...s_opinion_main

Post Re: Dems and obama out to destroy even MORE jobs

Oh, balderdash! The predictable doom and gloom from the paper of the banking industry! No surprise there that they want the status quo, eh?
    The same forces that don't want any regulation or restriction on how greedy they can be are using the "jobs" meme to try to stop any change... because they saw the polls that show that people are most concerned about jobs.
    The reality is that there are millions of jobs waiting in the wings- in the alternative and clean energy sectors. It doesn't mean jobs are lost permanently... it means only that the jobs will change.
    It's responsible to put protecting our enviornment before protecting the coal industry... or any other dinosaur industry.
    The economy is coming back, the flood of job losses is slowing to a trickle, things are improving. It won't happen overnight, but it's happening.
    From what I read, the biggest stumbling block right now is the banks that still aren't lending money!

Re: Dems and obama out to destroy even MORE jobs

Who would want to work in a coal mine in the first place? Plus are these miners union? You hate unions.

And are you talking about the same farms in California that continuously hire Mexican illegals day in, day out?
    Closing some of these farms would probably be considered poetic justice since these Mexican illegals have less chance of finding work.

With all the diseases and health issues that minors have- it looks to me like we'd be doing workers a huge favor by making that obsolete!
    Ever read about the "black lung" that they get, Bigeasy?
    We just don't need any more "job expansion" in obsolete industries that are detrimental to our planet's health... and the sooner you dinosaurs realize and accept that, the better off we'll all be.

tell that to those in welfare lines that were previously employed

Exactly...who would actually want to work in a coal mine? I've been in one and I wouldn't send my dogs down there. They spend 8 hour shifts under the earth and generally die young due to illnesses brought on my the coal mine (black lung disease anyone?). If these people were laid off, they will get unemployment and I believe some money for retraining. The issue is that area of the country has done very little to bring in other businesses other than coal mining. This is what happens when there is only one cash cow...

the decision to work in a coal mine should be made by the worker and the owner...

coal is good for the economy and it is burned much cleaner these days

not enviro wakos who are not doing anything relevant