PDA

View Full Version : How is everyone doing?

Dragonmom
11.19.09, 4:58 PM
I'm dealing with a bum knee..not sure what to do. It's been bothering me for a couple weeks...so I sat out with my bowling for one week, then decided to bowl this past Tues. Wrong thing to do! Knee all swollen yesterday and some today. It's better today..but still sore. I keep going back and forth on whether to call and make a dr. appt. And I'm still working..standing on my feet all day. It hurts mostly after sitting and trying to get up from the chair...and no way can I squat..can bend some..but squatting is out of the question. I'm putting ice on it..and taking aleve.

Passionatic
11.19.09, 9:24 PM
Ohhh...that sounds painful. I'm like you, I stand all day at work, I was having terrible pain in my hip, finally went to the doctor and she gave me a shot(I think it was cortisone), it has really helped, I feel a lot better now. The best thing is to stay off it and rest it with ice, but thats hard to do if you have to work. I have to be to work by 4:45 am on "Black Friday"...what about you?

Dragonmom
11.20.09, 12:09 AM
Girl..I have to be there at 4 AM..yikes!!! Knee is a little better this evening. Yeah..you probably got a cortizone shot. I had bursitis in my hip once, and got a shot. It did help.

JulieK1B
11.23.09, 11:18 AM
I'm dealing with a bum knee..not sure what to do. It's been bothering me for a couple weeks...so I sat out with my bowling for one week, then decided to bowl this past Tues. Wrong thing to do! Knee all swollen yesterday and some today. It's better today..but still sore. I keep going back and forth on whether to call and make a dr. appt. And I'm still working..standing on my feet all day. It hurts mostly after sitting and trying to get up from the chair...and no way can I squat..can bend some..but squatting is out of the question. I'm putting ice on it..and taking aleve.

Dragsy I thought by now you would have called the Dr. Hone please do! I am so concerned for you. This isn't going to go away until you see him. You obviously did more damage to it than you thought. I am sure he will have to give you a cortizone shot and also prescribe that you stay off of it for awhile. You might even have to go on sick leave until it heals. So please go see your Dr.! Let me know OK. You will be in my prayers! :lookaway: