PDA

View Full Version : NEW Petition to keep Drake Hogestyn on DAYS (no bashing please)

Drakelicious
9.2.07, 8:37 AM
Just a reminder folks, if you signed a petition for Drake last week called..."The Save Drake Hogestyn (John Black) Petition", THAT one went down, it had over 1700+ signatures on it but sadly, when it went down we lost those signatures, so we've had to regroup and start all over again which is why this one was created okay? Please help us by seeing if your family and friends who signed the other one, could please sign this one too so that they'll have their comments for Drake counted. A copy of this petition will also be sent to Drake so that he knows how much he is loved! Thanks so much! PLEASE, if you are not a Drake fan, ignore this petition because comments bashing him won't be included on the copy that is sent to TPTB or Drake. Thank you very much!

http://www.petitiononline.com/draketv/petition.html

25yearfan
9.4.07, 2:41 PM
I'm not bashing - I think what you are doing is admirable. Having said that, I don't think he's being fired. The SOD article everyone is worried about was clearly intended to debunk the rumor that he's being fired. The headline was the question "Fired?" but then the first line of the story said "No". He's involved in a storyline (an advance script was leaked) where John is in peril. I say great - it means Drake is going to get screen time and be involved in the story again. However, I don't think signing a petition can hurt. TIIC have been known to pull bonehead stunts before. Just my two cents.

SarahBeth
9.4.07, 11:49 PM
They either need to write a story for John or let Drake go. Same with Diedre. It makes me sick that these two are collecting a paycheck for the little they do. Then again what a job. Go in a day or two a week. Do a scene sitting around and moan while swaping spit. How cushy is that.

RedLooks22
9.6.07, 1:59 PM
I think John will be on Days as long as the show is on the air or as long as John/DH wants to be on Days,he has been with the show for over 20years.. and I love him,he is one of the actors that can act and a wonderful man,husband and father and his fans like him. :)

RedLooks22
9.6.07, 2:04 PM
Drake and Dee are very good togother and the writers need to have them on the show every week,for they are here to stay.

GJ7072
9.12.07, 1:20 PM
I think it would be a total disgrace if John & Marlena were not on the show and already think it a shame that they are not front and center in the current Dimera/Brady storyline.

Drakelicious
9.13.07, 9:17 AM
I'm not bashing - I think what you are doing is admirable. Having said that, I don't think he's being fired. The SOD article everyone is worried about was clearly intended to debunk the rumor that he's being fired. The headline was the question "Fired?" but then the first line of the story said "No". He's involved in a storyline (an advance script was leaked) where John is in peril. I say great - it means Drake is going to get screen time and be involved in the story again. However, I don't think signing a petition can hurt. TIIC have been known to pull bonehead stunts before. Just my two cents.

Hi 25yearfan! Thanks so much for your sweet words regarding our petition! I totally agree with you...I was happy dancing when I read the article in Soap Opera Digest about Drake being involved in a mysterious and exciting storyline...I do think that John will have to be MIA in order for Hogan to be able to do this storyline which explains why this rumor about Drake being fired has gotten so out of hand. The cast is still on vacation so hopefully when TPTB get back to work, a SWIFT end will be brought to this rumor about Drake leaving us.

As far as the petition goes, the author and I tried to focus more on Drake's history with the show and the fact that he needs to be signed to another contract ASAP. People are signing it and talking about the firing rumor but sadly we can't stop people from doing that. Just like we can't stop them from calling TPTB "a## wipes" "bone heads" "#$%^&" and "a##es" either, LOL!

Drakelicious
9.13.07, 9:22 AM
They either need to write a story for John or let Drake go. Same with Diedre. It makes me sick that these two are collecting a paycheck for the little they do. Then again what a job. Go in a day or two a week. Do a scene sitting around and moan while swaping spit. How cushy is that.

SarahBeth, I'm sure that Drake would LOVE to have a storyline too, since he has said in so many interviews that he loves his job and loves to work. I really believe that Drake's storyline is coming in a few months time when the cycle shifts and actors that have no lead storyline will have lead storyline while actors that have had lead storyline for months, will take a seat on the bench.

Drakelicious
9.13.07, 9:25 AM
RedLooks22, thank you, ITA, Drake is the BEST and I also love it that he can act and he is also VERY easy on the eyes, YUM! Here is hoping for a major storyline for him, he deserves it after the year that he has been through with his character!

Drakelicious
9.25.07, 2:48 AM
Thanks sooo much to those of you here who signed our petition to keep Drake on DAYS! We're at 1866 total signatures now which is AWESOME!

dylanangel75
10.12.07, 3:06 PM
Ok question here (I already signed the petition)
Are they killing him off or not? Is this just another stupid storyline? I saw he died. What the heck are they doing to my show???

Drakelicious
10.13.07, 10:02 AM
From what I've heard, we have a good chance at getting Drake back on DAYS if there is a HUGE outcry, but if TPTB don't respond to it, Drake ALREADY is getting offers from two CBS soap operas saying that they're interested in Drake once his contract is up in December. If TPTB don't act fast, they're going to lose Drake to another network.