PDA

View Full Version : My three days off work

Dragonmom
8.13.09, 6:35 PM
I've been keeping fairly busy. Tues..had a dentist appt..got a tooth filled..and yesterday Terry and I went and got eye exams..and both need new prescriptions..kinda figured that. So next is new glasses for the both of us! And today..I lazed around some..till about 1:30 and ran some errands and went to the gym. Tomorrow I go back to work..blecch..LOL. But be thankful I have a job right? The economy is so bad right now..and there are some without jobs or cut hours. So...I get ready..go to work, and once I'm there, I'm ok. It's just nice lazing around sometimes..lol.

Passionatic
8.14.09, 9:35 AM
Going to the dentist is never fun...I dont what is worse, going to the Dentist or the Doctor, to be poked and prodded. I am due for new glasses too. Yes, I agree, I am glad I have a job, but I too like to have a day or two off to just sleep in, do chores, catch up on TV shows, etc.
Its nice to not have to put on my work clothes(we have to wear black&white), and just wear my comfies and just relax and enjoy the day.
And now, I have to get dressed for work!

JulieK1B
8.14.09, 12:05 PM
I've been keeping fairly busy. Tues..had a dentist appt..got a tooth filled..and yesterday Terry and I went and got eye exams..and both need new prescriptions..kinda figured that. So next is new glasses for the both of us! And today..I lazed around some..till about 1:30 and ran some errands and went to the gym. Tomorrow I go back to work..blecch..LOL. But be thankful I have a job right? The economy is so bad right now..and there are some without jobs or cut hours. So...I get ready..go to work, and once I'm there, I'm ok. It's just nice lazing around sometimes..lol.

Sounds like you had some busy days off! Me too! Well sorta. I lazed all day one day. LOL But only had two days off. Hope you get your new glasses soon Dragsy etc. I need to go get my teeth and eyes done too. But it isn't going to happen any time soon! Take care!:winkq:

Dragonmom
8.15.09, 2:35 PM
Well..won't be getting glasses this payday I don't think. In laws are coming in Friday...and other bills ,etc to pay . YOu know now how that goes. But we'll get them before the end of the year. I leave for work soon..and I really don't wanna go. I had an early shift Friday...7 AM till 3 PM...the day went by so quickly. Today I don't go in till 3 PM..and I have this headache. It's let us some..but I'm still not feeling the greatest..blah.

Passionatic
8.15.09, 6:52 PM
Ugh, early shift is hard. We have a required store meeting before the store opens tomorrow at Noon...I'm Not looking forward to that(its all about how to treat the customers, yada, yada, and all the new products coming in for the holidays)Then I work Noon to 4.
Too bad about the glasses...I have to wait til next year(our insurance covers glasses every other year).

JulieK1B
8.15.09, 11:01 PM
Well..won't be getting glasses this payday I don't think. In laws are coming in Friday...and other bills ,etc to pay . YOu know now how that goes. But we'll get them before the end of the year. I leave for work soon..and I really don't wanna go. I had an early shift Friday...7 AM till 3 PM...the day went by so quickly. Today I don't go in till 3 PM..and I have this headache. It's let us some..but I'm still not feeling the greatest..blah.

Well you know they call it work cause no one enjoys it right? Well I did my back to back so I'm done with that. Wasn't easy my friend had her grand kids here! GRRR! Any ways I had a nap cause they were gone when I got home at least. I just want my own place so I don't have deal with it any more is all but have to pay off some bills first before I can afford it. Well Take care and don't work to hard! I have one more day! Yay!:winkq:

Dragonmom
8.19.09, 5:02 PM
Well.it's another week, and I'm off again. Yesterday I didn't do much at all. Today went to lunch with a couple friends. We try to have lunch together at least once a month. It was Laurella's turn to pick where we went. And she picked KFC..which was ok..nothing fancy..but I think money was tight with everyone anyway. So a cheap meal..but we had a nice time together and that's what's important. Then I went to the grocery store and gym and now home cooking. I have the chicken simmering in the electric skillet. Just put mushroom soup over it..and going to make mashed potatoes, and some english peas for supper. Tomorrow..I go to the bank, and get some more groceries. Couldn't get much today...tomorrow is my pay day though. And in laws will be here Friday..so have to get some food. I did a dumb thing. I was getting bills together to mail out Friday...and ran out of checks. I thought I had enough...I had a check box..but all that was in it was an old check register, and old papers. Grrr . So got to get a few temporary checks tomorrow and order some. Thank God for a debit card..I can use that for groceries..etc...but there's some bills I still use checks and mail off.

JulieK1B
8.21.09, 11:46 AM
Well.it's another week, and I'm off again. Yesterday I didn't do much at all. Today went to lunch with a couple friends. We try to have lunch together at least once a month. It was Laurella's turn to pick where we went. And she picked KFC..which was ok..nothing fancy..but I think money was tight with everyone anyway. So a cheap meal..but we had a nice time together and that's what's important. Then I went to the grocery store and gym and now home cooking. I have the chicken simmering in the electric skillet. Just put mushroom soup over it..and going to make mashed potatoes, and some english peas for supper. Tomorrow..I go to the bank, and get some more groceries. Couldn't get much today...tomorrow is my pay day though. And in laws will be here Friday..so have to get some food. I did a dumb thing. I was getting bills together to mail out Friday...and ran out of checks. I thought I had enough...I had a check box..but all that was in it was an old check register, and old papers. Grrr . So got to get a few temporary checks tomorrow and order some. Thank God for a debit card..I can use that for groceries..etc...but there's some bills I still use checks and mail off.

Sounds like you've had busy day's off. Yea I go to KFC cause I work next door to it! LOL I love their Grilled chicken it's awesome. And lower in Calories then the other stuff. Well hope your evening dinner turned out nice. And I do hope you got your checks etc. That has happened to me before and it's no picnic! I hate when that happens! Hang in there.:winkq:

Well I had to call in sick today I woke up with bronchial stuff. Coughing and also blowing yucky stuff too! So called and got put on my medication and called my boss. Won't be able to work tell tomorrow she said. Oh well I need the extra rest. Take care all I'll let you know how I'm feeling. And next week I see my Dr. so I have to feel better by then! :(

Coffenut
8.21.09, 6:30 PM
Hi Ladies,
I hope you all had nice days off and are all feeling better.You are all working so hard you make me feel guilty for not working. I have been busy with back to school shopping and garden etc. Now everyone is back to school and college. My youngest is already a senior in high school and my daughter a senior in college. And my grandson is a proud first grader Lol.
We had a busy summer with a couple hospital stays and many Dr. visits for my husband. He had another heart problem and had a procedure done and is doing great now. They also found out that he has sleep apnea and diabetes.So I am trying to get his diet adjusted to his needs.He also has a couple of sleep studies to adjust a machine called GPAP I think that helps him breathe at night and get a good sleep. So we had a few adjustments to make but all is well now.
On the lighter side of things we enjoyed going to a few great musicals this summer. Hubby didn't go he does not care much for musicals.Lol But my daughter and son and I went and had a good time. It was fun to just turn off for a while.
Well I hope you are all doing fine. I try to come around more often now that everyone is back to school. You all have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs coffenut

JulieK1B
8.24.09, 11:45 AM
Hi Ladies,
I hope you all had nice days off and are all feeling better.You are all working so hard you make me feel guilty for not working. I have been busy with back to school shopping and garden etc. Now everyone is back to school and college. My youngest is already a senior in high school and my daughter a senior in college. And my grandson is a proud first grader Lol.
We had a busy summer with a couple hospital stays and many Dr. visits for my husband. He had another heart problem and had a procedure done and is doing great now. They also found out that he has sleep apnea and diabetes.So I am trying to get his diet adjusted to his needs.He also has a couple of sleep studies to adjust a machine called GPAP I think that helps him breathe at night and get a good sleep. So we had a few adjustments to make but all is well now.
On the lighter side of things we enjoyed going to a few great musicals this summer. Hubby didn't go he does not care much for musicals.Lol But my daughter and son and I went and had a good time. It was fun to just turn off for a while.
Well I hope you are all doing fine. I try to come around more often now that everyone is back to school. You all have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs coffenut

I know what you mean about a busy summer. It's been hectic around here too! Work etc. and I'm just hoping I can enjoy my days off. I go see my Dr. tomorrow so hoping he gives me a clean bill of health. Staying with my aunt tonight so she can take me. Any ways. I plan on enjoying the trip and getting a good report hopefully! Take care!:winkq:

Coffenut
8.24.09, 3:04 PM
Julie have a safe trip and I keep my prayers going and my fingers crossed that you get good news. Kepp us posted. Good luck Julie!!!

Passionatic
8.25.09, 12:00 PM
Julie: hope all goes well at the Doctor's and that you are feeling stronger.
Dragonmom: I like the new Grilled Chicken at KFC.
Coffeenut: hope the hubby is doing OK, I hear Regis talking about wearing that Cpap machine to help him breath at night(I get a kick out of Regis). Kids grow up so fast, dont they?
Hope everyone is having a good week...I need to go out and mow the lawn, we've had so much rain this summer, the grass grows like crazy!

JulieK1B
8.26.09, 2:07 PM
Julie have a safe trip and I keep my prayers going and my fingers crossed that you get good news. Kepp us posted. Good luck Julie!!!

Thanks Coffenut I got a good report! I'm cancer free again but have to have check ups every 3 months. Pray I stay that way. also keep my self able to stay strong and work. Take care!:winkq:

Coffenut
8.27.09, 3:57 PM
Julie that is wonderful news! I keep you in my prayers that everything stays well and that you will be strong and happy! Hugs to you Julie ,you are a strong woman!

Passionatic
8.27.09, 7:47 PM
What terrific news Julie! Take care of yourself and dont over-do it.

JulieK1B
8.28.09, 12:34 PM
Thanks ladies it is good to know I am well again. Still fighting an infection but in time that will clear up. I'm just so glad it is over and I can move on. I also got good news that I don't have to pay off the treatment bill. They zeroed it out! Wow! So happy! Take care!:blush2ey: