PDA

View Full Version : A Closer Look -- Eileen Davidson; SOW Article

Funmakinluv
7.23.09, 3:17 AM
got this from Daytime Royalty
With the success of her first book, Death in Daytime, Eileen Davidson has released her second, Dial Emmy for Murder. The author/actress discusses her latest endeavor.
WEEKLY: What a great title.
DAVIDSON: I actually came up with it for the first book, but the publishers liked Death in Daytime. So we decided to keep it for the second book, which opens at the Emmys.
WEEKLY: What's the gist of Dial Emmy for Murder?
DAVIDSON: The lead character, Alexis Peterson, is presenting at the Emmys. Her co-star, who she's supposed to be presenting with, can't be found. She thinks he's just being cranky and not showing up, but they really can't find him. So she's asked to present by herself. Alexis goes out there to present, then something catastrophic happens onstage. Subsequently, her co-star, Jackson Masters, is dead.
WEEKLY: have you grown as a writer from book one to book two?
DAVIDSON: I was kind of getting my groove on and finding my voice with the first book. Now I feel more confident about my work, a little bit more sure of myself. My writing partner, Bob Randisi, is extremely complimentary. He's amazed at how well I write, considering he didn't even know I could when he agreed to go into this. I think he thought he'd be doing most of the writing and I'd be describing the world to him, but it's definitely a partnership.
WEEKLY: How do you come up with your ideas?
DAVIDSON: I don't know. I've got to ask God. Things just happen. I was actually on vacation in Hawaii with my family driving around the north shore of Oahu when I went, "Oh my God! I've just got the greatest idea for the second book!" We were in a rented car. Go figure.
WEEKLY: Do you ever get ideas from other people?
DAVIDSON: Yes, my husband Vince and Annamarie, my neice and our nanny. I torture them both all the time for ideas. I have people chiming in at work about it, too. "Why don't you do something like this?" Or, 'You should have the hairdresser addicted to diet pills." People are always giving me suggestions.
WEEKLY: What are your hopes for these books?
DAVIDSON: That people enjoy them and that we can keep the stories going. We're in the middle of the third book. I'd love to see them done on Lifetime as a series or miniseries. That's a possibility. If this had happened 15 or 20 years ago, it would have been a natural, because they used to have TV-movies filled with people from daytime all the time. Now it's a little bit more difficult.
WEEKLY: have you actually been in talks with anyone?
DAVIDSON: I'm in the process right now. I just signed with an agency. We're trying to set up a couple of meetings and see what happens. It's a crazy business. Everything is about timing and money. It's really important for me to give this a shot. Make a commitment to the books and see what happens.
WEEKLY: Would you want to be in a miniseries if it happened?
DAVIDSON: I'm not attached to that. I would be very thrilled to be a writer and probably a producer. If other people felt I would be perfect for a role, then I would jump at the chance. If people felt somebody else would be better, I'd be completely open to that.