I just wanna take my time with you
yeah
If that's alright, it's alright
Oh forgive me if I get too shy but
Maybe you're the reason why, love
I'm feelin' butterflies
Somethin' bout the look in your eyes
Oooh it just makes me feel so right

She was feeling butterflies. Major butterflies. Her stomach was twisted in more knots than she had ever felt before and he was the cause of them. He was the cause of them. What irony. She hadn't been sure it was him at first or rather she hoped it wasn't him. But the minute he turned to face her again and batted those gorgeous brown eyes at her, she had known she was a goner. And not only her, but also her baby girl.

She had never been in this position before. Did he have to make the first move? Or should she? She was so nervous she couldn't think straight. How had this happened to her? She hadn't thought it was possible, but he was proving her wrong. Her mother was going to get a kick out of this. Her sister would find this hilarious. Oh my, he was coming this way.

When my mind's void
You're my joy
You're the dream when I sleep
And hey I'm for ya yeah I adore ya
You're everything
That I need
And I love how you love me
If I'm made for you
You're made for me
It's too good to be
So tell me what we're gonna do now
Yeah tell me what we're gonna do now
Yeah yeah

The brunette beauty was it for him. Who would have thunk it? Who would have imagined he would have met the woman of his dreams at an Elmo concert? He loved spending time with his niece, for lack of a better description of their relationship, but he had dreaded the idea of being trapped in an auditorium with a room full of screaming, hyper children and look how it turned out. He would have to take her to F.A.O. Schwartz, if it wasn't for her and her love of all things Elmo he wouldn't have met his lady love. He should also thank his sister and brother-in-law for coming down with a stomach bug that enabled him to go.

He had been nervous to approach her, but with the thousands around him he knew it was do or die time. What if he lost sight of her or they got separated in the crowd? So he had approached her and her mini-me. He had prayed he wouldn't come off as a desperate single father using his kid to pick up on a single mother. Thankfully she hadn't thought that. She had been very shy. Very quiet and reserved. He had wondered for a while if she wasn't feelin' him and was too polite to tell him to hit the road. Luckily her daughter had saved the day. She had chatted him and his niece up. Their conversation seemed to loosen up her mother and she slowly began to join the conversation. The four of them were having such a good time talking, they left the show and neither little girl was upset. They found the nearest restaurant and continued talking.

He had never had a conversation with another person where he felt such a connection in such a short period of time. His behavior astounded him. He was slow to form relationships. He was always the cautious one. The skeptical one. Yet with her, he had thrown caution to the wind. He had pursued her with a passion he had never known or experienced before.

Funny how my world keeps spinnin'
Sometimes you can be so silly
You know just how to make me laugh
Ooh, your skin is so lovely
It moves me when you touch me
I know that you got my back
It feels so safe when you hold me
It's already like you know me

For the first time since their relationship began, they would be all alone. Her daughter was soaring in the clouds at spending the entire week with her grandparents. She knew her mother would over indulge the youngest, but her step-father would be there to stop her mom from becoming excessive. As the plane soared above homes, freeways, and buildings, she marveled at the next step they were taking. They had both flown back and forth to each other's hometowns, getting to know each other better, to see each other in their individual environments, meet each other's family and friends. She blinked and somehow she was in the midst of a full-fledged, old-fashioned courtship.

They were taking things nice and slow which was good. She couldn't have handled anything more. She was being romanced, dined, wined, and danced all around their two cities. She hadn't thought she would be the type to enjoy all that, but she secretly did. But she also enjoyed when it was just the three of them hanging at her place or his or at the park or the zoo. She just enjoyed being with him. Lying in his arms on the sofa watching some inane children's program, she never felt safer or more loved by another in her whole life. The feel of her bare arm against his gave her goose bumps. Maybe most of all she loved that for her sake and because of her past experience, he respected her enough to take the slow, slow, barely moving train to love.

Oh right now
See baby I love how you make me smile
Don't leave please stay awhile
Let's make this happen
I don't care how

Every time he left her he felt as if he left a piece of himself behind. As if, he was missing a part of himself. He wanted to be with her all the time. He loved her daughter as his own. For the first time ever, he understood the depth of the love his parents had for him and his sister. The amount of parenting he was allowed to do with mini-me changed him completely. He had such respect for his parents. All parents. And most especially for the woman in his life who was doing this all on her own.

He hated being away from his girls. It was on the tip of his tongue to tell her that he would move to where she was. He'd find a job, take any job to be truthful to be near her. He knew she was scared. He knew she had never been in a relationship like this before. To be honest neither had he. His past girlfriends were distant memories. Calling her his girlfriend seemed to demean the relationship they had. She was so much more than his girlfriend. That was a term children used. She was his woman, his mate, his future wife, if he had his way. He was trying to take things slow. Slow and steady his dad reminded him when he tried to get ahead of himself. Slow and steady won the race, but sometimes he had a hard time remembering that particularly during the summer time when she was running around in her bathing suit. Thank God for shelf bras and clingy material.

Right now lets stay in the present
Can't worry bout tomorrow cause today is a blessin
The world in a state of aggression
I find calm in you
I see my mom in you
It's like a feelin' in ya stomach
When you want it so bad
If we keep keeping it fresh
It ain't gonna go bad
I've been through the valley of love
Rode through the shores of Cali
Just to find peace of mind
Looking to the sky
Asking for at least a sign
Beautiful you came at such a decent time
When we combine it's like good food and wine
Flavorful yet refined
You remind me of the divine
So easy
Love can be lost and then found, like Stevie
I just love having you around
You wearing the gown
I'm wearing the crown
Pound for pound
We the freshest couple in town

She had to stop fooling herself; she was never going to find another love like his. She kept expecting her feelings to go away for him because she didn't think they were meant to be together. Because it wasn't right. Yet at every turn, she saw evidence of how great they were as a couple. No one had loved her like this before. No one had stepped up to the plate so admirably to show her that not only was she the one they wanted, but her daughter was also a very welcomed part of the package. At times she teased him accusing him of only being with her so he could enjoy her daughter's sweet kisses and tender hugs. He admitted it was true, guilty as charged.

As she had done at every step of their relationship, she was trying to take one day at a time. But it was hard when she couldn't see him every day. And yes, technology helped them stay in touch. But instant messages, text messages, and multiple phone calls weren't the same as feeling his breath against her skin. It wasn't the same as looking into his big brown eyes as they talked about the painful childhood and life experiences that made them who they were. It wasn't the same as seeing his gorgeous smile as he laughed at another one of her my mom is a diva story. Nor was it the same as she laughed out loud as he topped her story with one of his own stories about his mom's divaness. Without him, she was strong, but with him- - together they were unstoppable, they could leap tall buildings in a single bound. Yep, she had fallen and fallen hard for the most incredible man. Women said all men were dogs, but she had found the king of kings.

When my mind's void
You're my joy
You're my dream
And hey I'm for ya yeah I adore ya
You're everything
And I love how you love me baby
I'm made for you oh
You're made for me

The tears were never ending. He had rejected her. She had put herself out there and he had crushed her. She couldn't believe it.

He finally had her within his grasp. His dream was about to
come true. His nights of blue balls and jerking off in the shower or in the bed were about to come to an end and he heard himself saying no. Was he an idiot or what?

She didn't know how long she could stay in this bathroom, but she hoped it was forever. She never wanted to see him again. If she had been her daughter's height and weight she could have snuck out the bathroom window, but it wasn't an option. She had to face him. She hoped he would let her salvage as much dignity as she could and get dressed and out of his apartment and out of Genoa City as quickly as possible. How could she have been so wrong?

He heard the bathroom door open. His first instinct was to run to her, but somehow he refrained.

He wasn't there. Didn't he care? She thought he would be waiting outside the bathroom door. What other proof did she need that he didn't care?

"I said no because after all we'd gone through, making love to you now seemed wrong. You deserve to have my ring upon your finger when I make you my woman in that final and most pleasurable of ways."

Okay, she hadn't been expecting that. She didn't know why, but she hadn't. She asked a quick forgiveness to the Man up above for all the evil things she had said about him while she was in the bathroom and in the guest bedroom getting dressed. "It wasn't because you're turned off by my past relationships?" she asked cautiously. In the back of her mind she had always wondered if that was going to be a problem.

"Your past is just that: your past. We're the here and now. I am the man you're with. The man you love. The man who is so heads over heels in love with you that even my sister, who is the most romantic person in the world, is sickened by me when I talk about you and Randy."

She smiled as she heard her daughter's nickname he had given her. No one else in the world could call her Randy except for him. Her uncle was right; sometimes she did over analyze things. "I love you, too."

"Of course you do. I'm Neil and Drusilla Winters' son, how could you not love me and find me the hottest thing since hot corn bread?"

She laughed. He could always make her laugh.

"So will you daughter of Travis Montgomery and Erica Kane, former lover of women, do me the honor," he paused as he got on one knee and pulled out a tanzanite and diamond ring set in a platinum band, "of becoming my wife and allowing me to be the father of Miranda Mona Montgomery?"

Bianca Christine Montgomery looked into the mesmerizing eyes of Devon Hamilton Winters and knew she had found home and the place she was meant to be. She was riding the rest of this journey called life with him by her side. "Yes, my love. I will marry you."

Picking her up, Devon swung the brunette around as her rained kisses all over. "I love you." How ever could he repay, Miss Summer Abbott, for introducing him to the love of his life?

"I love you."

Ooh tell me what we're gonna do
Tell me what we're gonna do