PDA

View Full Version : Saturday , 2 May

Lynjay
5.1.09, 10:07 PM
Well, it's a very cold and rainy day here in Gisborne. Yesterday the bad weather came in, hope it clears a bit in the week, but then I suppose it is time for winter woolies now. At least on the North Island we don't get the snow, so will be thankful for that. South island already has snow on the mountains and a lot of winter rain.
Anyway, just relaxing in front of the TV today and making cup cakes... yum. Hope everyone keeping well.
;)

JulieK1B
5.2.09, 11:46 AM
Lynjay sounds like your having a good day of TV and baking. That is good. Here I'm just getting my day started. Trying to get my hair colored etc. and stuff before going to work. Hope the weather clears for you soon. We have rain here today, but by tonight might turn to snow. Here it is spring and we still have snow! LOL Oh well soon it will be warmer and be summer! Take care!:blush2ey:

Lynjay
5.3.09, 5:54 PM
Hi Julie. Does your snow usually last so long? This is my first encounter with a really icy winter and, although we don't actually get snow on the ground like the South, it is pretty icy. The rain is also very icy. Is this similar to your kind of weather, although I would imagine you get much colder?

JulieK1B
5.4.09, 12:29 PM
Hi Julie. Does your snow usually last so long? This is my first encounter with a really icy winter and, although we don't actually get snow on the ground like the South, it is pretty icy. The rain is also very icy. Is this similar to your kind of weather, although I would imagine you get much colder?

Living in Wyoming we get lots of spring snows. They don't last long, but melt off quickly and then come back again when the tempartures are just right. We don't get ice storms per say here. But when I lived in Canada we would in the winter time. Those were awful. So if your experiencing those I feel bad for you those are nasty! I don't miss them ice storms at all! Here we just get cold temperatures and snow is all but I'm use to that living here most of my life. Best of luck hope the weather clears for you soon!:winkq:

Dragonmom
5.5.09, 1:16 AM
Stay warm Lyn. I am guessing that N.Z. is like Australia...where as the winters and summers are opposite of us.