PDA

View Full Version : Back from the State Conference... and ready for the weekend!!!

MzzJan
4.24.09, 11:28 PM
Had a really great time at the State FBLA conference. Out of those we took (18 students), we had 2 qualify for national competition in June (1st place), 4 placed 3rd, 3 placed 4th, 1 placed 5th, and 1 8th in their respective events.

The two who qualified for the Nationals placed first in their events, and will get to travel to Anaheim, CA in June. Our school, although it's one of the smallest in Missouri, has had two national winners in the past 10 years. That's hard to do since they are competing with students from all over the United States.

All in all...the kids were great. Their going to be regular teens, but when we said curfew time, most of them were in their rooms. No problems at all.

I'm ready to get caught up and laundry finished. I hate being so far behind as I am.

Janet

JulieK1B
4.25.09, 11:34 AM
Had a really great time at the State FBLA conference. Out of those we took (18 students), we had 2 qualify for national competition in June (1st place), 4 placed 3rd, 3 placed 4th, 1 placed 5th, and 1 8th in their respective events.

The two who qualified for the Nationals placed first in their events, and will get to travel to Anaheim, CA in June. Our school, although it's one of the smallest in Missouri, has had two national winners in the past 10 years. That's hard to do since they are competing with students from all over the United States.

All in all...the kids were great. Their going to be regular teens, but when we said curfew time, most of them were in their rooms. No problems at all.

I'm ready to get caught up and laundry finished. I hate being so far behind as I am.

Janet

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Thank goodness the kids did so well. And two placed for nationals hopefully one or both will win! Take care and rest up! :winkq:

MzzJan
4.26.09, 6:29 PM
A week later, and I'm still working on getting laundry finished up. I still have 4 loads to do. I have NEVER let it go this long but I've not been home except to sleep the past week.

How are feeling Julie? The treatments still bothering you? I added your to our prayer list at church.

Thinking of you...

Janet

JulieK1B
4.27.09, 10:13 AM
A week later, and I'm still working on getting laundry finished up. I still have 4 loads to do. I have NEVER let it go this long but I've not been home except to sleep the past week.

How are feeling Julie? The treatments still bothering you? I added your to our prayer list at church.

Thinking of you...

Janet

Janet sounds like you are trying real hard to get caught up! LOL it's hard when your busy! Hope you do soon!:winkq:

I'm doing great with my treatments right now. I have two more to go! That is if I can get to them. We had a major snow storm move in again last night so right now there is a black ice advisory on the route I have to go. So unless it clears up I won't be going! I hope it clears up by this afternoon. The good news is the cancer is shrinking! I feel so much better than I did before I started the treatments. Of course can't say I feel good during. Tiredness and also symptoms of IBS are part of it! I hate that part. But at least I'm almost done. Thanks for putting me on your prayer chain! I appreciate it more than you can know!!:blush2ey: