PDA

View Full Version : Raining again... April 12

MzzJan
4.13.09, 12:09 AM
It seems just when we get dried out and are able to work in the gardens and yards, it rains again! It's been a very weird year of weather, and it's continuing into the spring. One day it's warm and the next we're scooping snow or having to wear our gum boots wading water... will it ever let up?

Was rather cool outside today (no rain), so the kiddies were able to play outdoors for a while. As long as they were bundled up with hats on their heads, they were fine. Just a bit cold to have the Easter Egg hunt, though. Instead, we ended up giving them huge baskets telling them the Easter Bunny had left them at the backdoor...LOL :rolleyes: Hey, it worked! LOL

JulieK1B
4.13.09, 9:53 AM
Sounds like your getting plenty of rain! We have had a good portion of snow and rain too! Glad it didn't really rain that much on Sunday. Was nice to be able to enjoy Easter Sunday without moisture that much. Then by mid afternoon it cleared up and the sun was shining! Today more of the same! Well glad the kids enjoyed their Easter! Take care!:blush2ey:

MzzJan
4.13.09, 1:41 PM
Julie, where are you located now? The last I remember you were living in Canada and married.

I'm still in Missouri...where I've been all my life. I've lived in my house now going on 13 years. Can't believe I've lived in the house that long. Sad to say I lost my neigbors (a year apart) just recently. The husband had alzheimers and passed away in 2007, and his wife found out she had cancer just a few months before he passed away. She passed away 4 weeks ago. I miss seeing them out and about. I hope whoever buys the house is as good as they were.

Passionatic
4.13.09, 2:45 PM
Sounds like the kids had a nice Easter. It was sunny but chilly here...I took a long walk and then just did some reading. The hubby is overseas(again) and my daughter was with her boyfriend, so it was just me & the cat for Easter :) The trees are in bloom and the flowers are just starting to pop out.

Dragonmom
4.14.09, 5:45 PM
I had to work Easter..what a bummer! We had two downpours Easter too.

JulieK1B
4.14.09, 7:01 PM
Julie, where are you located now? The last I remember you were living in Canada and married.

I'm still in Missouri...where I've been all my life. I've lived in my house now going on 13 years. Can't believe I've lived in the house that long. Sad to say I lost my neigbors (a year apart) just recently. The husband had alzheimers and passed away in 2007, and his wife found out she had cancer just a few months before he passed away. She passed away 4 weeks ago. I miss seeing them out and about. I hope whoever buys the house is as good as they were.

Jan I've been back in Wyoming now for about 5 years now. My husband can never ever come to the U.S.A. because of a criminal record and he refuses to get a pardon. So we are divorcing. I can't go back there and live. Plus he turned out to be a jerk. Was messing around with other women after I left to raise my kid. So no more hubby for me! I'm content living here in Wyoming with friends and family to help me. I have their total support that is all I need. I am going through cancer treatments and doing well just three more to go! Whoo hooo! Then I should be done with just check ups after that. Can't wait! Take care and sorry to hear about your neighbors. Perhaps a nice young couple with kids will move in next door! :winkq: