PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone... It's me again!

MzzJan
4.11.09, 8:39 PM
:) I've not been here since the new format was changed over. Man..it's been a long time. The names of those posting are still the same, so glad to see something familiar.

Let me update you on me. I graduated with my Associates in Arts, then two years later I received my Bachelor's of Arts in Elementary Education. I have been working on Master's of Education, and will finish that up in June, with turning my thesis in. The past two years I have taught the 3rd and 5th grades. The coming school year, I will be moving to the 4th grade (hopefully remain there..it's what I wanted but had to wait on the teacher to retire). Not too bad for an old lady in her 40's. Yeah, I started late in life on what I wanted to be when I grow up..LOL! I guess I've grown up. I know my priorities have changed. Alot of that was due to some health scares.

I have one niece and two nephews, ages 7, 4, and 2...they are my life! Other than teaching, I've not had alot of time for fun and recreation. I do still sing, but have changed from performing in alot of country venues to mainly country gospel. I enjoy it so much better and have just as much fun.

I have met alot of friends, some lifelong, on Coffeerooms. One of them we visit quite often of Facebook. If any of you have that I'm on there alot more than most any other place. I can keep in touch with family members that I don't get to see often.

Hope to be on here more if time will allow.

Take care!!

MzzJan

Passionatic
4.11.09, 9:28 PM
Well, Hi again Jan! Glad to know that all is going well...congrats on getting your Masters! My daughter will receive her Masters in May...then she has to figure out what to do with her life!
Happy Easter to you and your Family...I imagine the niece and nephews will be excited to receive 'treats".

MzzJan
4.11.09, 10:13 PM
Hi Louise! I'm not sure what we've got planned for tomorrow afternoon for the kiddies. It depends on the weather. Today was beautiful, but there is snow and rain moving in - so we may be locked up in my parents house. I've cooked most of the day to help mom out. She had knee surgery in December and is still slow moving. She's planning on having the other one replaced in October.

Hope you and your family have a nice Easter. See you on the boards!

Jan

JulieK1B
4.12.09, 10:24 AM
:) I've not been here since the new format was changed over. Man..it's been a long time. The names of those posting are still the same, so glad to see something familiar.

Let me update you on me. I graduated with my Associates in Arts, then two years later I received my Bachelor's of Arts in Elementary Education. I have been working on Master's of Education, and will finish that up in June, with turning my thesis in. The past two years I have taught the 3rd and 5th grades. The coming school year, I will be moving to the 4th grade (hopefully remain there..it's what I wanted but had to wait on the teacher to retire). Not too bad for an old lady in her 40's. Yeah, I started late in life on what I wanted to be when I grow up..LOL! I guess I've grown up. I know my priorities have changed. Alot of that was due to some health scares.

I have one niece and two nephews, ages 7, 4, and 2...they are my life! Other than teaching, I've not had alot of time for fun and recreation. I do still sing, but have changed from performing in alot of country venues to mainly country gospel. I enjoy it so much better and have just as much fun.

I have met alot of friends, some lifelong, on Coffeerooms. One of them we visit quite often of Facebook. If any of you have that I'm on there alot more than most any other place. I can keep in touch with family members that I don't get to see often.

Hope to be on here more if time will allow.

Take care!!

MzzJan

Welcome back MzzJan! Yes life can keep us very busy! Glad your doing so well and are a teacher now! Wow! That is wonderful. I plan on going to get some classes done as soon as I can. But right now my life is busy with work and my cancer treatments. So don't have time to do so right now. But once that is over and I'm in remission then I plan on furthering my education. Take care and post when you can!:blush2ey:

MzzJan
4.12.09, 11:59 PM
Hi Julie!
I'm sorry to hear about your illness. Where is your cancer located, if I may ask? I'll keep you in my daily prayers. How are the treatments affecting you? I have several friends who have had treatments and a few became very sick. The others had no complications. Either way, I am still praying for you, and in hopes I don't have to go through anything like this.

I had some gallbladder problems a couple of years ago, and at one time the doctor thought I had a mass on my liver. It ended up being a fatty tumor that was casting a shadow. I had the tumor removed when I had gallbladder surgery. Then, I am going to have surgery May 27 to remove my uterus. Thank goodness the biopsy showed no cancerous cells on the cervix, but I'm still having problems. I pray that these problems are over after the surgery. We are trying to wait until school is out so I can recover fully. However; if the bleeding becomes worse, I'll make arrangements to have the surgery earlier.

Please keep me updated Julie. Again, you are in my prayers and thoughts.

JulieK1B
4.13.09, 9:58 AM
Hi Julie!
I'm sorry to hear about your illness. Where is your cancer located, if I may ask? I'll keep you in my daily prayers. How are the treatments affecting you? I have several friends who have had treatments and a few became very sick. The others had no complications. Either way, I am still praying for you, and in hopes I don't have to go through anything like this.

I had some gallbladder problems a couple of years ago, and at one time the doctor thought I had a mass on my liver. It ended up being a fatty tumor that was casting a shadow. I had the tumor removed when I had gallbladder surgery. Then, I am going to have surgery May 27 to remove my uterus. Thank goodness the biopsy showed no cancerous cells on the cervix, but I'm still having problems. I pray that these problems are over after the surgery. We are trying to wait until school is out so I can recover fully. However; if the bleeding becomes worse, I'll make arrangements to have the surgery earlier.

Please keep me updated Julie. Again, you are in my prayers and thoughts.

Jan sounds like you've been through a lot! Well the cancer is cervical. I had my uterus removed a year prior because of it. But it came back. My treatments were every day and radiation plus chemo once a week. Was hard on my body and made me very tired. Plus the constant bowel problems didn't help! Now today I'm off again to undergo more of the same. Radiation internally this time but only once a week instead of every day. Not really looking forward to it, but I must endure it right? Good luck with your up coming surgery hope it goes well. Praise God yours wasn't cancer! Best wishes!:winkq:

MzzJan
4.13.09, 1:27 PM
Wow! Julie, we have alot in common right at the moment. I pray that when I have my uterus removed it doesn't come back cancerous. Lab tests show that my uterus walls were 22 cm thick instead of the normal 2 to 4 cm. The doctor took the biopsy from the walls, so I am in hopes that when the uterus is removed the results remain the same.

After having all these tests, biopsys, and being poked and proded...one usually loses all modisty..LOL! I just want the doctors to be honest, upfront, and tell me the real story in my language. It's my health we're discussing.

Keep in touch with me and I will with you so we can endure this together. Somehow, I think we'll get through this together.

Praying for you Julie!

Janet

Passionatic
4.13.09, 2:50 PM
Oh goodness, Jan! I'm wishing you all the best...that is Not something to look forward to. I just had a colonoscopy done, ugh, not fun, they basically told me I had IBS, which I already knew...just have chronic 'intestinal" problems.
Julie: sounds like you are doing well...so many people end up SO sick from chemo and radiation, hair loss, etc...Hang in there...you are both in my prayers.

MzzJan
4.13.09, 8:14 PM
I had IBS about 20 years ago, but all the doctors told me to do was eat alot of fiber. Now with no gallbladder, I still have the same problems, but I'm use to it. My dad has a colonoscopy done yearly. We lost his father to colon cancer, and my dad is faithful in being checked yearly.

Other than being overweight and having some medical problems, I feel I'm more healthy than some and am very lucky.

Dragonmom
4.14.09, 5:51 PM
Janet...good to see you back on here!! How long has it been?

JulieK1B
4.14.09, 6:57 PM
I had IBS about 20 years ago, but all the doctors told me to do was eat alot of fiber. Now with no gallbladder, I still have the same problems, but I'm use to it. My dad has a colonoscopy done yearly. We lost his father to colon cancer, and my dad is faithful in being checked yearly.

Other than being overweight and having some medical problems, I feel I'm more healthy than some and am very lucky.

You know I find sometimes it's what you eat that causes the problems. Start experimenting. Cutting back on Tomato Sauces if that is what irretates it. Also fiber well lets just say that can really irratate the heck out of it! Stay away from high fiber! Best wishes and glad you feel healthy! :winkq: